Pixar In A Box, Great Info On Creating Great Vids
Todd Simpson
Mar 6 2017, 05:46 PM
GMC:er
if you notice your youtube vids are not getting the views they deserve, it may be time for a bit of learning from pixar. Not saying you should make your vids in 3d. Just that storytelling concepts apply to nearly everything including songwriting and video making. Khan academy has a FREE course by PIXAR called pixar in a box that tells you the tricks of the trade. Adding elements to your vids that you glean from this can greatly increase your view counts. DIY music vids don't have to be lmited to simply a one or two camera performance vid focused on the guitar player. They can be anything you like. smile.gif

Especially for folks making music/song vids that are just getting started on youtube. Any edge helps. The way the engine works, vids that have been around longer tend to get put in the "que" as they have views. So it's harder for new vids, especially without paying for promoting them. So adding some sort of narrative to illustrate what the song is about, and draw the audience in can only help imho smile.gif

https://www.khanacademy.org/partner-content.../pipeline-video

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Mar 6 2017, 08:12 PM
Learning Roadie
cool topic !!!

This is what i (and others) call the Pixar BOX !

The pixar 3D computer circa 1986, a nice piece of hardware

wikipedia related article

Cheers

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 6 2017, 09:07 PM
GMC:er
Amazing for it's time. They needed something specific and it didn't really exist so they just built it themselves. Of course it had to come from Lucas Arts smile.gif Then again AVID came from Lucas Arts as well. Initially called "EDIT DROID", they sold it and it took over movie editing for many decades and is still used in may pro facilities along with pro tool which is also an Avid Product. If it were not for Lucas Arts. Many of the things we take for granted would simply not exist.

Disney ended up purchasing a wad of these and used them all the way through Pocahontas in 1995. I visited disney studio as a friends hubby worked there and he was a "tween" animator who drew the inbetween frames. They were just handing out the crew jackets for pocohantas. I took off my visitor badge and went with him for the fitting smile.gif Left before I could get one. sad.gif Sadly, Disney fired most of their designers and their pencil based animators and shipped most of the work off to places where it was much cheaper and done on wacom digital pads and not paper that had to be scanned in. I actually suggested this approach at Disney to my pal, and to a vice president of Turner Studios animation division while I worked there. It was about 10 years to early evidently but is now considered a standard way to production animation.

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Mar 6 2017, 03:12 PM) *
cool topic !!!

This is what i (and others) call the Pixar BOX !

The pixar 3D computer circa 1986, a nice piece of hardware

wikipedia related article

Cheers

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Mar 7 2017, 05:18 PM
Learning Roadie
nice story !

This computer was killed by Silicon Graphics & in a smaller proportion Sun !!

cheers

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Mar 7 2017, 05:19 PM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:13 AM