Other [ 13 ] ** [10.08%]
Total Votes: 129

David Wallimann
Mar 22 2008, 11:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Mar 22 2008, 02:32 AM) *
Yes, I Praise Him as well.

Its like having Flowers at your door...
Could be luck or maybe chance even a wrong address, but we all rather think some body loves us. A perfect sunset, shooting star, babbling brook, laugh of our child, yeah, If you don't mind me saying, I think somebody loves us.

I have more to say.

I love to look at everything from just what if....

Take humans for instance. We went from riding horses to the space shuttle in less than 100 years. From the printing press to the internet in about the same time.

So lets say you take human advancement up say 100,000 or shoot lets just go for 50M years. I feel it is very possible that we will be able to create new life, add a balance to an other wise, void planet. And so on. Even rebuild the body to give ever lasting life.

Thinking this way just means that it is very possible for there to be something that could have created us and this planet maybe even the whole universe.

I love how science and the bible both start at Nothing then something. BANG, here we are? Gee now what?

So yes, I believe in God, since it is very possible.

More from IMHO

I feel that He wants all of us to go to heaven but yet he does not come back yet, for his own fear of who will reject Him. Just like choosing which kid you will save and which one you will not. The one that ran to you for love, advise and mostly listened to the advise, will be the one you bring up with both hands. But it will still tear your heart apart. When the end is here, God maybe crying since some may not want his love.
A Testimony:

One day about 3 years ago I was out in my boat fishing, go figure. There is a nice sized mountain next to the lake. The bible says God will move that mountain, not because we ask Him to but because we believe He will, after we ask. It is not how you ask but how you believe.

On that day I looked up at the mountain and Told God to move that mountain just to prove to me that He was there. I was over run with emotion and really believed he would move it. But it did not move. The very next day I as looked at the mountain and saw a clearing in the tress that was not there the day before. Since then they have continued clearing trees bulldozing and building subdivisions. Every time I look at that mountain I feel His presence run all over me and he says, Look here you believed I would move it, so I am. Every Single time I see that mountain there is a noticeable a change.

Most of what we ask/pray for is already done, it is just not reveled to us and until it is, it is not there.

I love that story man! :-)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Mar 22 2008, 11:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Mar 22 2008, 05:03 PM) *
It's always a little delicate to share your beliefs with others.
I think mostly because when you have strong beliefs about something, which are certitudes for you, you sound intolerant with others...

But I guess since the topic is clear, it's appropriate to tell what your beliefs are here and I would feel wrong not sharing with you. I don't want to sound like I know it all, because I don't. I also don't want to sound like I am better than anyone else. I think quite the opposite.

I'm a Christian. I think there are a lot of misunderstanding on what that means. The Church is to blame too. I think even in the Church, there are a lot of misunderstanding here.

Here what being Christian means to me on a daily basis from my personal experience. I am a sinner. No matter how hard I try, I always end up to that conclusion, I am a sinner and I do what is hurtful. Even when I think I am doing good, I realize that my motives are not pure. I know that the concept of sin is not very popular, and many say that sin is relative.. But from my experience it's not. Guilt is not something that my brain just makes up.. I think it's proof that man has that knowledge of good and evil.

Because of that sin which we chose, there is a separation between us and God. There is nothing I can do to get back in the right place, nothing I can do to deserve God's favor. But I believe with all my heart that because God loved us so much, he gave his only son Jesus to take the punishment of our sin on himself. Accepting that free gift by giving our hearts to Jesus means that we are no longer living enslaved to sin and its punishment which is death. But it means that we now belong to Christ, hence the name "Christian". That does not make me good or better, not at all.. But that makes Him in me shine.

Those are my beliefs and only hope. :-)

That was elegantly put point David, i think really that for most Christians to put this simple idea into practice is a difficult challenge but it is at the core of our belief. Pefection thru faith and grace is the only constant for me. Some people require more proof but for me part of the proof is in my own constant search for spiritual truth.

Daniel

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Mar 22 2008, 11:16 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Mar 22 2008, 04:03 PM) *
Those are my beliefs and only hope. :-)

Amen brothers

Another testimony. Last one I promise
About 8 years ago I was flipping through channels and there was a preacher saying the same thing as many TV evangelist say. Send them money to help the kingdom of God. Some are ok but I always think you should keep your offering local unless tragedy strikes.

This preacher was saying test God. Make an offering to a church and pray to God that you are doing this as test to see what happens. I feel God will give you proof on a couple occasions in your life and we are aloud to ask for proof. Not everything, as that would defeat the whole purpose of faith.

So I Wrote a check for $50.00 and sent it to my mother in law's church since I was not attending one then. As I set the envelope in the pile of out going mail I told Him I was doing this as a test. About a hour later with the envelope still setting there, my wife called and said she found a twenty dollar bill on the ground at a gas station. But It did not hit me then. Next, I found a five dollar bill on the ground by my truck, still it did not hit me. Then when I got home there was a check in the mail for $136.00, where I had been over charged for my boat insurance, then it hit me. Ok proof enough for me.

More IMHO
God wants us in his will. And man that is a powerful place to be. But many do not get in his will so they have a hard time believing. When actually it is very easy to do. Just the next time you feel like some one needs your help DO it, He is asking you to. But it is not always someone asking for help. That person and their need apears in your mind.

Once you do this a few times He will reveal himself to you.
Staying in his will is hard to do and one must work everyday to get back in, but it is worth it.

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Mar 23 2008, 03:36 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Mar 23 2008, 12:08 AM
SPAMMING THE BOARD I AM

This is a great thread to advertise that we need a member or two more for our GMC virtual Christian band, if interested PM me or smells for more details, thanks

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Mar 23 2008, 12:10 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 23 2008, 12:59 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
David (and indeed all those who have a faith),
beautifully put and in many ways why,as I grow older, that I move more towards belief again.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Mar 23 2008, 01:42 AM
I think one of the reasons that many religious people or groups are seen in the negative light that they are is that people seem to think that everyone who is a <insert religious denomination here> believes and acts exactly the same way as everyone else they can label that way. I think that every individual in the world has a unique set of beliefs. For example, I am a Christian, and many people I know are Christians, but we still believe different things and each have our own opinions. And being a Christian does not necessarily mean that a person doesn't believe other religions as well, or at least certain aspects of them.

If people could stop taking one look at a person and instantly labeling them, we'd all be a lot better off. I think it's horrible that the Islamic religion is associated with terrorists to so many people today - when in all reality, they have nothing to do with each other. The same idea applies to Christianity, Christians today are seen by many as close-minded, intolerant people, only because there are some out there that really are that way. Bad news travels much faster than good news, it seems that when a member of a religion does something horrible, the entire religion instantly gets a bad reputation.

Another thing that bothers me is when people try to force their religion down other people's throats. I think that's just horrible, trying to make people believe something that's not truly their beliefs, but your own. I mean, I would like to see more people being religious today, but I'm not going to try and force them to be someone they're not.

*End rant.* laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Mar 23 2008, 01:45 AM

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 23 2008, 02:11 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Mar 21 2008, 09:46 AM) *
Believer for me. I believe there is only one true God, creator of all things. :-)
That belief is actually my only hope. :-)

"And Joshua said unto all the people [of Israel], . . . choose you this day whom ye will serve; . . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" (Josh. 24:2, 15).

Yes, I'm quoting the Bible! smile.gif

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Mar 23 2008, 03:20 AM
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Mar 22 2008, 06:42 PM) *
I think one of the reasons that many religious people or groups are seen in the negative light that they are is that people seem to think that everyone who is a <insert religious denomination here> believes and acts exactly the same way as everyone else they can label that way. I think that every individual in the world has a unique set of beliefs. For example, I am a Christian, and many people I know are Christians, but we still believe different things and each have our own opinions. And being a Christian does not necessarily mean that a person doesn't believe other religions as well, or at least certain aspects of them.

If people could stop taking one look at a person and instantly labeling them, we'd all be a lot better off. I think it's horrible that the Islamic religion is associated with terrorists to so many people today - when in all reality, they have nothing to do with each other. The same idea applies to Christianity, Christians today are seen by many as close-minded, intolerant people, only because there are some out there that really are that way. Bad news travels much faster than good news, it seems that when a member of a religion does something horrible, the entire religion instantly gets a bad reputation.

Another thing that bothers me is when people try to force their religion down other people's throats. I think that's just horrible, trying to make people believe something that's not truly their beliefs, but your own. I mean, I would like to see more people being religious today, but I'm not going to try and force them to be someone they're not.

*End rant.* laugh.gif

Great points.

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Mar 23 2008, 03:23 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Mar 22 2008, 07:11 PM) *
"And Joshua said unto all the people [of Israel], . . . choose you this day whom ye will serve; . . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" (Josh. 24:2, 15).

Yes, I'm quoting the Bible! smile.gif

Yes, and boy don't we have to choose one in almost everything you ever do. WOW

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Mar 23 2008, 03:26 AM
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Mar 21 2008, 09:46 AM) *
Believer for me. I believe there is only one true God, creator of all things. :-)
That belief is actually my only hope. :-)

I have to agree with you.

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 23 2008, 03:33 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Mar 22 2008, 10:23 PM) *
Yes, and boy don't we have to choose one in almost everything you ever do. WOW

Absolutely! I wake up every morning and ask the Lord to take me and my family thru the day. And then thank him for it every night.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 23 2008, 04:21 AM
Singing Instructor
wow...I was convinsed that this type of topic would never come up here on the GMC...

and I wish that did not hapend....becouse this is very tuchy subject...

This is site that should be interest only in M U S I C ......

and that things like lets make a Christian band...call me on my PM would not had hapend....

couse the members of this M U S I C A L site who are not Christians would not be left beside...

This post has been edited by Nemanja: Mar 23 2008, 04:26 AM

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 23 2008, 04:35 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
They are still free to start any band of there own smile.gif

I think this topic has been nice and constructive thus far, very good discussions smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slammer
Mar 23 2008, 04:40 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 22 2008, 11:35 PM) *
think this topic has been nice and constructive thus far, very good discussions smile.gif

That's true.

And Also this is the " Off-Topic Discussions" section. Which it says on the Forum
Discuss anything - no need to relate to guitar playing at all.

wink.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 23 2008, 04:42 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 23 2008, 04:35 AM) *
They are still free to start any band of there own smile.gif

I think this topic has been nice and constructive thus far, very good discussions smile.gif

yes then you think that one way religius invitation to make a band on the site that is "home" of all the members(all religions) is ok?

maybe this way of action limits the members that are not by their choice Christians..and who think that would be intersting to participate in band....but they cant...becouse ther are not Christians?

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 23 2008, 05:09 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Mar 22 2008, 07:42 PM) *
maybe this way of action limits the members that are not by their choice Christians..and who think that would be intersting to participate in band....but they cant...becouse ther are not Christians?

It works the same way with genres, some people want to start a band with a certain theme, thats why we have different kinds, this one happens to be Christian themed, its no big deal.

Someone starts a band thats Metal, But some members wont go into it because they dont like metal, and the ones that do, Join. Same thing here, the people that arent christian are free to start/ join any band of there choosing.

+Quote Post
Tmas
Mar 23 2008, 05:13 AM
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Mar 22 2008, 11:42 PM) *
yes then you think that one way religius invitation to make a band on the site that is "home" of all the members(all religions) is ok?

There are plenty of opportunities on this site to participate in many things such as colabs and other virtual bands. I don't think one person posting an invitation to join a virtual christian band limits others in any way. However, to not allow discussion on this topic or disallow religious invitations would.

--------------------
Yeah... I'm member number 911. What about it?

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 23 2008, 05:26 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Tmas @ Mar 23 2008, 05:13 AM) *
There are plenty of opportunities on this site to participate in many things such as colabs and other virtual bands. I don't think one person posting an invitation to join a virtual christian band limits others in any way. However, to not allow discussion on this topic or disallow religious invitations would.

from my prospective it is difernet,there for I sad my opinion...and to me this kind of invitation is not good...
Howeever me being the only one who thinks this way...I will not say anything else....I understand the point you and others had told me ...and respect it.....so Im going to wach Star Track.....smile.gif

P.s I am Christian by birth....now I do not belive in God...I belive in people that are good and honest...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tmas
Mar 23 2008, 05:47 AM
I myself am a Christian but I also think many beliefs and practices of the Christian church are flawed. Throughout history the Christian church has always commanded a certain amount of respect and power in many peoples lives, and unfortunately many people have used this to their advantage. I remember a few years back seeing holy water being sold on tv.. I mean really.. these were packets of "Holy Water?" It looked like little packets of ketchup for crying out loud! Oh, and then of course its followed by dozens of testimonials of people who claim that it changed my life, or it cured my herpes! Well, maybe not the last one but it's stuff like this that really smears they names of Christians everywhere. Just because someone calls themself a "Christian" it doesn't really make them one.

Another thing that bothers me is how soo many churches preach to be "Fishers of Men" and basically go out and recruit. I believe that it is important but there are other ways to go about this than to get in someone's face and argue a point until he/she thinks your a complete nut/A-hole. I have many friends that are atheist but that doesn't mean that every time I am around them that I should try to convince them that there is a god. The best way to bring someone closer to god is to lead by example, not spit out bible verses like an encyclopedia! smile.gif

That being said, I'm not trying to press my views on anyone here. Just attempted to shed some light onto what I believe.. and how angry I am at the so called "Christians" that put greed before their faith.

This post has been edited by Tmas: Mar 23 2008, 05:48 AM

--------------------
Yeah... I'm member number 911. What about it?

+Quote Post
SamJ
Mar 23 2008, 10:46 AM
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Mar 23 2008, 03:21 AM) *
couse the members of this M U S I C A L site who are not Christians would not be left beside...

I'm not Christian and I feel fine about there being a Christian virtual band, there are plenty of other virtual bands to join and it's just a different genre of music, like Black metal or funk. I don't think anyone's being left out, so it's all goood. smile.gif

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:23 AM