2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Favorite Dream Theater Song?
Juan M. Valero
Feb 28 2008, 09:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 28 2008, 01:36 AM) *

yeah, thanks gabe !!! great videos wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Feb 28 2008, 09:19 AM
Instructor
Under a Glass Moon

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 28 2008, 09:43 AM
Instructor
Hard choice...Erotomania lets say wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 28 2008, 10:30 AM
GMC:er
This is very simple for me as I hate a lot of dream theater and love a small amount but what I do love I listen to a lot. Favourite songs.

1. Space Dye-Vest (Amazing song and in a different class to other Dream Theater songs but not really them)
2. Lifting Shadows Off A Dream
3. Ministry of Lost Souls

My fav album is Awake by a long way and we cover The Mirror in our band. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 28 2008, 09:29 PM
I hate a lot of DT songs as well. Images And Words is the only album I could appreciate from them. My pick for fav song would have to be:

Take The Time.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 28 2008, 09:52 PM
Images in words Is probably my favorite album of theirs.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 28 2008, 10:38 PM
I can't pick a favorite album. They are all really good. The only album that I don't like so much is When Dream and Day Unite.

If I HAD to make a list though it would be

1. Train of Thought
2. Images and Words
3. Falling into Infinity
4. Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory
5. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
7. Systematic Chaos
8. Octavarium
9. Awake
10. Change of Seasons
11. When Dream and Day Unite

Keep in mind though, all of them are still REALLY good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Mar 2 2008, 10:29 PM
Instructor
Men, I don´t have one favourite song... I love Dream Theater and I love all of their songs. They are incredibles!!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
bodomcovers09
Jul 2 2010, 03:59 PM
I think it is Erotamania(instrumental song) and As I Am! smile.gif

I think it is Erotamania(instrumental song) and As I Am! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 4 2010, 01:53 PM
Jazz Instructor
Learning to Live!

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jul 4 2010, 02:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
I am fairly new to Dream Theater. I started listening to them about two or three months ago when I heard Thiago Campos play the intro solo to The Count of Tuscany (ending song of Black Clouds and Silver Linings). This album is just pure ear-candy. However I have scurried through their discography looking for melodic tracks, which I am particularly into.

I believe every single track on their last album is great. A Nightmare to Remember, The Best of Times and The Count of Tuscany are the most memorable ones.

I love every single song in the 1992 album Images and Words. My bass player told me to listen to Metropolis pt. 1 - The Miracle and the Sleeper, and I automatically listened to that album over and over. My favourite songs therein are Another Day, Take the Time, Surrounded, Metropolis pt. 1 and Learning to Live.

Other songs I enjoy would be Hollow Years (live at Budokan 2004), Stream of Consciousness, New Millenium, Peruvian Skies, Lines in the Sand.

The thing about Dream Theater though is that sometimes I can't exactly pin-point which song I love the most. For example, in the album Metropolis pt. 2 - Scenes from a Memory, the conceptual setting makes every song interconnected as it tells a story. All the songs are beautiful, some more than others of course... smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
sted
Jul 4 2010, 04:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Who?

wink.gif

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jul 4 2010, 04:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (sted @ Jul 4 2010, 05:05 PM) *
Who?

wink.gif

blink.gif sleep.gif dry.gif ph34r.gif mad.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
bodomcovers09
Jul 30 2010, 11:59 AM
I love every song but my fave song is Erotamania!
smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:10 PM