> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Victor's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2021, 04:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 26 2021, 06:42 PM) *
Edit: I don't have any Luthier in my town, but I managed to find someone who can take a look at the guitar intonation.
He said said that the first step is to change the guitar strings, I already went and bought them. He will have a look in a few days, I hope he can help me.

Great! Yes, in many cases, changing strings is the solution. Keep me updated!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 29 2021, 07:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is the original song transposed in normal tuning:

This is the part I played I will call it Section A.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 30 2021, 02:33 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 31 2021, 09:43 AM
Learning Roadie
Yes, I didn't even realize I was doing some economy picking.
I think that is happening because in my mind those shapes look like the start of Sweep Picking.

That shouldn't be a big deal to for me to fix them into strict alternate picking, because I remember a time not long ago where I did everything with economy picking and it seemed impossible for me to get to alternate picking.
So I had to work my way to strict alternate picking starting from 40BPM like an absolute beginner but in a few months I get it to the same speed as my economy picking.

The only part that seems strange to me is the highlighted part in the picture.
It seems weird to do rolling technique combined with alternate picking.
I automatically associate rolling with sweep picking.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2021, 03:01 PM
Instructor
Yes, that makes sense. These shapes could be also played with economy/sweep picking (because the rhythm is not extremely fast). At this tempo, I have more timing control when playing these shapes with AP as John Petrucci or Kiko Loureiro would do.

You'll get used to that shape after some days of practice. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 31 2021, 05:49 PM
Learning Roadie
I went today with my guitar to the person that will fix it.
He said that it will take like 2 days, because he needs to fix the action, the bridge, beside changing strings.
The bridge is also missing a small screw which is different than most of the screws, so I hope he can do something about it.

You can see that picture with my guitar bridge and there is a missing screw.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 1 2021, 05:45 PM
Instructor
Yes, I see. Ok, only 2 days to go! That's nice! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 1 2021, 06:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes, and

My white guitar that is exactly this model:
ibanez sa 160 ah stw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfB18nUn4xg...nel=Muzyczny_pl
I haven't found a screw that looks the missing one, so from what I saw on the internet I need to buy the whole bridge for the missing screw.

The good news is that he managed to find a screw for the guitar that fits, it's not from the same set, but it gets the job done.
The guitar also is having high action which makes the strings harder to press.

My other black guitar which model is exactly this:
Harley Benton Progressive Series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TNQ7VizGA...nnel=JamieSlays
doesn't have so serios issues with the intonation, has a low action which makes the strings very easy to press, but sometimes you get fret buzzing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2021, 03:48 PM
Instructor
Nice guitars and news! Love that white Ibby.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 3 2021, 11:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

The Guitar is ready:
- changed strings
- fixed fretboard,
- fixed bridge
- fixed intonation,
- fixed guitar string actio
- fixed the height of guitar pickups

I couldn't do all this by myself.
What I notice is that guitar intonation is much better, but it's not perfect. I am not sure how good should it be to be good enough?
And I get some fret buzzing since the action is lower, but it was very high before.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Apr 3 2021, 11:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 3 2021, 04:39 PM
Instructor
Nice Victor!! Yeah, some guitars are usually imperfect, that's why experimented musicians recommend people to try guitars before buying. Even two same model guitars can have different issues.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 4 2021, 10:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

This is how I practice:

Hand Synch

Trooper - Inca O Lupta (Solo) Section A

Derdian - Kingdom Of Your Heart (Solo)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2021, 02:38 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 5 2021, 04:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Great, I am happy my playing is better.
I think this has to do with the fact that somebody fixed my guitar.

Part of the problem when playing on higher strings I think it came from the fact that I messed up the bridge in trying to fix the intonation.
I lifted the bridge in the higher strings, which made the bridge not to be parallel to the guitar. This made the higher strings harder to press giving that staccato effect.

In my solo Derdian - Kingdom of Your Heart, I used the guitar melody on string ensemble if you can hear that in the backing track.
That melody line is guiding me and helped me fix my guitar timing. Isn't this a bit cheating?

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Apr 5 2021, 04:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2021, 06:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Apr 5 2021, 12:14 PM) *
Great, I am happy my playing is better.
I think this has to do with the fact that somebody fixed my guitar.

Part of the problem when playing on higher strings I think it came from the fact that I messed up the bridge in trying to fix the intonation.
I lifted the bridge in the higher strings, which made the bridge not to be parallel to the guitar. This made the higher strings harder to press giving that staccato effect.

In my solo Derdian - Kingdom of Your Heart, I used the guitar melody on string ensemble if you can hear that in the backing track.
That melody line is guiding me and helped me fix my guitar timing. Isn't this a bit cheating?

Cool! Yes, I can hear the melody now that you say, but I love how it sounds with your guitar. It's like a stringy ambience effect. Love it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 6 2021, 06:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes, I like Helloween, all eras.
It's good too see them togheter, I think this is going to be a very good new album.

I think before playing the lesson "Hand Synch" I should try to practice the full scale up and down at different speeds.

Regarding the Section A from the Solo I am currently at 100BPM, I think I can increase it at 110BPM, but full speed would be around 114-118BPM, and in Section B I think we need to correct some notes. I think the problem is my transcription on sweep picking.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Apr 6 2021, 06:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2021, 03:32 PM
Instructor
Ok, let's check the Sweep Picking part. Please share a vid playing it at different speeds.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 7 2021, 05:59 PM
Learning Roadie

And the way I play:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2021, 07:40 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 7 2021, 09:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Take a look in the first measure I changed the sweep picking as you mentioned, I also wrote the pick upstrokes and downstrokes.
At the last note on the measure 12, it should land on a downstroke as I can see in the video. I am a bit confused on how to achieve this, which notes should or shouldn't be picked.

The approach on the other sweep parts I think should follow the same rule, but you mentioned that it makes sense playing them on other frets.
Yes it seems easier but I am not sure he plays them like this.
Check the Video where he plays, I know it's not in standard tuning but I use it just for reference on what to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azpb1crG5pI...channel=TROOPER

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2021 - 01:49 AM