5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Are You Making Music?
verciazghra
Apr 22 2014, 07:58 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 22 2014, 01:49 PM) *
Interesting! Do you have some published music? What are your plans?

Only an old tech death metal album with a band I used to be in. I'm hoping to have the demo of an album by august, then I will hopefully set up a "paywhatyouwant"-everything goes to charity, sort of deal to buy it online.

Edit: but I'm mostly doing it just for fun and theraphy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by verciazghra: Apr 22 2014, 07:59 PM

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Apr 23 2014, 12:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yes! I compose, basically whatever I feel like, regardless of style, I just experiment with different sounds and pop them onto SoundCloud. I did this interesting little track in a really odd time signature a few weeks ago

https://soundcloud.com/taka-perry/sketch-12-odd-time-signature

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 23 2014, 06:42 AM
Good question Gabriel.
I 'do' a lot of music but I definitely sometimes neglect to make music.

I improvise all the time. Usually at the beginning and the end of my practice sessions but it's mostly lost into the ether as I rarely record it unless I'm working out ideas (similar to my little notebooks). So today I decided that I would record myself at the end of a practice session.
https://soundcloud.com/klasaine2/improv-42214

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 23 2014, 06:46 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 23 2014, 06:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Apr 22 2014, 11:46 PM) *
Yes! I compose, basically whatever I feel like, regardless of style, I just experiment with different sounds and pop them onto SoundCloud. I did this interesting little track in a really odd time signature a few weeks ago

Hey Taka biggrin.gif Always breaking out of the shapes and boxes! Good going mate smile.gif Can't tell you how delighted I am to hear fresh stuff that doesn't sound familiar. I like the way in which you used the repetitive arpeggio idea over the odd metrics and the harmonic changes!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 23 2014, 05:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Apr 22 2014, 03:58 PM) *
Only an old tech death metal album with a band I used to be in. I'm hoping to have the demo of an album by august, then I will hopefully set up a "paywhatyouwant"-everything goes to charity, sort of deal to buy it online.

Cool! Looking forward to hear more of your music. smile.gif

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Apr 22 2014, 08:46 PM) *

Hi Taka! Thanks for sharing this nice piece of music. You are all the time creating beautiful music. Don't forget to share your songs with us here! Keep going. smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 23 2014, 02:42 AM) *
Good question Gabriel.

I improvise all the time. Usually at the beginning and the end of my practice sessions but it's mostly lost into the ether as I rarely record it unless I'm working out ideas (similar to my little notebooks). So today I decided that I would record myself at the end of a practice session.

What a great decision mate! There is a lot of music on this recording. What about doing this every day and after a month rechecking all the audios and selecting the parts that you like most to work on them?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 23 2014, 05:58 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 23 2014, 09:45 AM) *
What a great decision mate! There is a lot of music on this recording. What about doing this every day and after a month rechecking all the audios and selecting the parts that you like most to work on them?

Thanks Gab. And you're right. I need to hit the 'rec' button a lot more!

I will do that sometimes as well as read through my little notebooks. I used to do it more and I should start doing it again.
I usually end up discarding most of it but there's always a few little gems that make their way into my playing/writing.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 23 2014, 06:11 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 23 2014, 06:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 23 2014, 01:58 PM) *
Thanks Gab. And you're right. I need to hit the 'rec' button a lot more!

I will do that sometimes as well as read through my little notebooks. I used to do it more and I should start doing it again.
I usually end up discarding most of it but there's always a few little gems that make their way into my playing/writing.

Cool! Feel free to ask for a thread at my personal board to discuss about this ideas in progress. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 23 2014, 10:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 23 2014, 06:42 AM) *
Good question Gabriel.

some really cool melodies going on there mate, I listened to it a couple of times, its very tasty indeed smile.gif fantastic tone as well.
somehow I was expecting it to be a hardcore jazz piece! I wish I could knock out such a tasteful improvisation.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 24 2014, 01:17 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 23 2014, 02:36 PM) *
some really cool melodies going on there mate, I listened to it a couple of times, its very tasty indeed smile.gif fantastic tone as well.
somehow I was expecting it to be a hardcore jazz piece! I wish I could knock out such a tasteful improvisation.

Thanks!

I rarely ever play 'jazz' when I'm just playing on my own (unless I'm practicing specifically jazz). I prefer to do that with a band.
In this case the actual 'sound' led me. I was needing to find a specific type of reverb for something else and I just got into the sound and decided to hit record. Ultimately that particular reverb sound didn't end up working for what I needed but I think it's cool on that little improv track.

+Quote Post
Britishampfan
Apr 24 2014, 05:35 AM
After a long break of a few years after the last band I am writing music again. There is so much to music for me. I usually play for fun, play in the studio, I was asked to play in a fun cover band and was totally out of my element but it challenged me in ways I never knew.

I can learn covers very fast with the internet, but there comes a time when I need to sit down and woodshed.

I am in woodshed mode over the last few days. Woodshedding is different because I am forcing myself to work not just playing the same enjoyable stuff over and over.

I also am burning up many hours figuring out how to work the blasted computers and make them do what I want them too.

Movie editing- Recording software- getting this to interface with that-ggrrrrr

I made a test video today for my youtube. Just having fun in the studio based on what I was talking about in the other thread.

Please enjoy- Sounds way better on big speakers! No mastering done.

This post has been edited by Britishampfan: Apr 24 2014, 05:39 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 24 2014, 07:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Britishampfan @ Apr 24 2014, 04:35 AM) *
After a long break of a few years after the last band I am writing music again. There is so much to music for me. I usually play for fun, play in the studio, I was asked to play in a fun cover band and was totally out of my element but it challenged me in ways I never knew.

I can learn covers very fast with the internet, but there comes a time when I need to sit down and woodshed.

I am in woodshed mode over the last few days. Woodshedding is different because I am forcing myself to work not just playing the same enjoyable stuff over and over.

I also am burning up many hours figuring out how to work the blasted computers and make them do what I want them too.

I made a test video today for my youtube. Just having fun in the studio based on what I was talking about in the other thread.

Hey mate! I heard a lot of nice phrases here - maybe a couple of unsure bends, but all in all, you've got a good feeling for this sort of playing smile.gif Playing in a coverband is challenging because you need master a lot of styles and nail a lot of tones, shifting from the blues, to pop and funk and rock one after the other - no wonder it does wonders to your playing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2014, 03:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Britishampfan @ Apr 24 2014, 01:35 AM) *

Hi mate! That's a very cool video full of great licks and with a very warm tone. You have a lot of music in your spirit there ready to go out. Keep on creating! and sharing it with us. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Britishampfan
Apr 24 2014, 05:39 PM
Hey thanks guys, glad you like! Oh yeah I was playing carefree on that one. lots of mistakes but oh well, got my first youtube video done.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 24 2014, 06:57 PM
SUPER CONGRATS on completing an entire tune/vid with intro/fx, editing, etc. By itself a HUGE accomplishment. One thing I noticed, was that your solo seemed to be all down strokes? Are you not alternate picking yet? If not, it's time to start because your left hand is in fine shape! Right hand just needs to add some upstrokes and your playing will hit a new level smile.gif

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 20 2014, 11:53 AM) *
Yes, I'm composing a lot. Here is my newest

Tech Death Metal is the best form of therapy IMHO smile.gif

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Apr 22 2014, 02:58 PM) *

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 25 2014, 09:24 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Todd, to be honest I do play alternate picking sometimes, but not enough. Need to work on that a bit more. I think a need a lesson to practice my alternate picking wink.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 24 2014, 07:57 PM) *
SUPER CONGRATS on completing an entire tune/vid with intro/fx, editing, etc. By itself a HUGE accomplishment. One thing I noticed, was that your solo seemed to be all down strokes? Are you not alternate picking yet? If not, it's time to start because your left hand is in fine shape! Right hand just needs to add some upstrokes and your playing will hit a new level

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2014, 01:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 25 2014, 08:24 AM) *
Hi Todd, to be honest I do play alternate picking sometimes, but not enough. Need to work on that a bit more. I think a need a lesson to practice my alternate picking wink.gif

smile.gif Hehe - I heard your call and thought that the best way to start with alternate picking is to be able to pic consistently on one note smile.gif Ben's lesson is the best for this sort of training: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

+Quote Post
Capasso2300
Apr 25 2014, 02:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KObUJVW3O8

This is a song i've finished recently. My problem with composing is i'm terrible at writing lyrics. I think this song took me like 6 months to even come up with an idea for the lyrics. But usually once i have the topic, the lyrics come naturally. I have like 15 more songs waiting to have lyrics written lol.

Anyway this song is temporarily called "vacation Song". Just because i wrote it while on vacation, and it feels like your on vacation. Let me know what y'all think.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2014, 04:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Capasso2300 @ Apr 25 2014, 01:10 PM) *

This is a song i've finished recently. My problem with composing is i'm terrible at writing lyrics. I think this song took me like 6 months to even come up with an idea for the lyrics. But usually once i have the topic, the lyrics come naturally. I have like 15 more songs waiting to have lyrics written lol.

Anyway this song is temporarily called "vacation Song". Just because i wrote it while on vacation, and it feels like your on vacation. Let me know what y'all think.

Can you please set the video so that it may be available to watch? smile.gif It's on Private mode right now and we can't watch. About lyrics - I wrote the lyrics to my band's first EP being inspired by various things that happened to me - understanding my nature in respect to a certain thing, learning to live after a breakup or such stuff... You should use your feelings and states of mind smile.gif Everything that you feel, can be translated into music - verbally as well smile.gif So, as a conclusion, I like writing about real things that actually happened to me, because those are pure, honest and heartfelt. I will leave the sorcerer stories to other folks, as I think I am more efficient when I am writing about the stuff I told you above. How did this process go for you until now?

+Quote Post
Capasso2300
Apr 25 2014, 04:44 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 25 2014, 05:00 PM) *
Can you please set the video so that it may be available to watch? smile.gif It's on Private mode right now and we can't watch. About lyrics - I wrote the lyrics to my band's first EP being inspired by various things that happened to me - understanding my nature in respect to a certain thing, learning to live after a breakup or such stuff... You should use your feelings and states of mind smile.gif Everything that you feel, can be translated into music - verbally as well smile.gif So, as a conclusion, I like writing about real things that actually happened to me, because those are pure, honest and heartfelt. I will leave the sorcerer stories to other folks, as I think I am more efficient when I am writing about the stuff I told you above. How did this process go for you until now?

Thanks cosmic, didn't notice lol. Should be good to go now.

QUOTE (Capasso2300 @ Apr 25 2014, 05:39 PM) *
Thanks cosmic, didn't notice lol. Should be good to go now.

And as far as lyric writing goes. I tend to also write about my own experiences. I tend to make up words to go along with my melody at first, and when something clicks, or sounds good, I Run with it. With this song in perticular it was a little bit different of a process. The Vibe of the song, made me feel like it needed to be about something sexy lol. Either something tropical or, about meeting a mind-blowing woman, something of the sort. The music made me feel obligated to write a song about those types of topics. Then one day, the lyric "Once i feel your body, there is nothing that can stop be from a night with you" Came to me over the verse part. And then the song took off. It took form about being in a bar/club/party, and that moment comes when you meet eyes with someone across the room, that you just have to speak to. And for just one night, let all of your other worries, or troubles disappear, and "Embrace the Night", and have a good time. = )

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2014, 06:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 25 2014, 05:24 AM) *

Check out my Intensive Technique Course: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

You will find many good exercises for AP technique.

QUOTE (Capasso2300 @ Apr 25 2014, 10:10 AM) *

Hi mate! Thanks for sharing your song. I really enjoyed it. I can imagine it being played with full band and sounding very epic. It sounds very musically and tasty. You have something great there! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:27 AM