4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Neo Soul Collab
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2017, 12:03 AM
Instructor
Hello friends! Welcome to our new collaboration!!

Our collaborations keep on getting better and better, and we still continue exploring new styles and sounds. This time I've decided to create a Neo Soul Style backing track in order to create a guitar oriented track that sounds warm, groovy and modern. The cool thing about this one is that both beginner and advanced guitarists will find this one funny to jam.

Backing track: Attached File  GMC_Neo_Soul_Collab_86_bpm.mp3 ( 2.16MB ) Number of downloads: 367

Chords: (Em7 Em9) x4 - (Am7) - (Em7 Em9) - (Am7) - Em7 D Cmaj7 Bm7

The tune is in E minor so the first scale choice that I recommend is E Pentatonic minor.

You can add blue note and some other passing notes to this one, and more advanced players can try other minor modes like Aeolian and Dorian and see what they get.

IF YOU NEED HELP LET ME KNOW! I'M HERE TO GUIDE YOU.

IMPORTANT INFO About files required:

In order to make the things easier for compiling takes and mixing I need that each participant shares 3 files:

- Audio file with the mix of the backing and your guitar.
- Audio file only with your guitar (If possible this audio should have the same length than the mix version)
- Video of you playing the solo, and if it's not possible a picture. (Mp4 format if it's possible)

The best way to share this is compressing in a zip file to be downloaded from here or using sharing service as dropbox, wetransfer, and copying the link here.

If you decide to share your files using soundcloud please remember to "allow downloads".

Thanks!

DEADLINE: February 6th

PS: Are you a new member? A GMC collaboration is based on a backing track over which you can add your playing (solos, arrangements, vocals, other instruments) and share it here. Then I'll mix everything to build a full song.

-----------
END RESULT
-----------

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 19 2017, 08:17 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
that is a seriously cool ass backing track smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2017, 01:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 19 2017, 04:17 AM) *
that is a seriously cool ass backing track smile.gif

I've been jamming over it since I've recorded it yesterday. It's addictive. smile.gif

You're welcome friend!

Who else would like to join? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 19 2017, 09:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm in! It's only audio collab, or is it video too?

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 20 2017, 12:17 AM
GMC:er
Video Collab, but as always, I'm sure gab would take a still photo if you don't want to shoot a vid smile.gif
BTW count me in too!

Todd

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 19 2017, 04:01 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 20 2017, 12:17 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2017, 12:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 19 2017, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 19 2017, 08:17 PM) *
Video Collab, but as always, I'm sure gab would take a still photo if you don't want to shoot a vid smile.gif
BTW count me in too!

Todd

Cool friends! Welcome! smile.gif

Yeah, it's a video collab! But I can accept a photo if you can't provide a vid.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 20 2017, 09:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Just putting some preliminary ideas out there. Plenty of errors but just winging it. Love the backing but ideas are sparse unsure.gif It does go right to the very end though.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/neo-soul-first-ideas

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 20 2017, 10:49 PM
GMC Founder
That's a groovy take Phil!

Nice backing, I will give it a shot as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2017, 11:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 20 2017, 05:08 PM) *
Just putting some preliminary ideas out there. Plenty of errors but just winging it. Love the backing but ideas are sparse unsure.gif It does go right to the very end though.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/neo-soul-first-ideas

That's cool Phil! It's nice to hear you grooving like that over this one! You can polish your take but I think that this is the right direction.

Well done!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2017, 07:10 PM
Instructor
Who else is working on this one? Let's create a killer song! smile.gif

Remember that every guitar level is welcome here!

E minor pentatonic is the best choice. Here is a tutorial if you are new to scales:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Learn-...ntatonic-Scale/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 22 2017, 09:36 PM
Another take, I'm going to stick with the harmonics for the intro if that's ok, I think they go quite well.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/neo-soul-second-ideas

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 22 2017, 10:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 22 2017, 08:36 PM) *
I'm going to stick with the harmonics for the intro I think they go quite well.

I do too biggrin.gif
Both of your takes so far have some very cool licks. Good work duder.

This post has been edited by bleez: Jan 22 2017, 10:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 22 2017, 10:40 PM
Thanks Scott, appreciated smile.gif

The hard bit is stringing the cool licks together laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2017, 05:40 AM
Instructor
Nice playing Phil! This new take incorporates some new great stuff! The harmonics at the beginning work great, and the phrasing is very tasty and groovy! I also like the funky rhythm added just after the harmonics, I think that this idea can also work, but it has some timing issues. This could be a good opportunity to tight your funky rhythm playing, so my suggestion is to practice and polish it.

Thanks for your input mate! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 23 2017, 07:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
felt like a wah kinda thing cool.gif

https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/neo-soul-take

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 23 2017, 08:46 PM
That's brilliant Scott, puts mine to shame laugh.gif I tried some wah but couldn't get it right, auto wah and T wah just don't seem to cut it, maybe it's the way I had them set up.

This is my favourite of mine so far. The funky rhythm still needs polishing, if I don't get it right maybe someone else could do some there instead. I quite like the lead work though and there is a bit of vibrato in there that just hits me for some reason @ 00:30, it's very subtle but there's something about it I like and I don't know what it is unsure.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/neo-soul-more-jammin

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 23 2017, 08:48 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 23 2017, 10:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 23 2017, 07:46 PM) *
That's brilliant Scott, puts mine to shame laugh.gif

Not at all sir smile.gif I like how your takes have been developing, you'll have a cracking solo when you're finished.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 24 2017, 03:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 23 2017, 03:58 PM) *

Feels like you've rocked this one! I love it man. The groove, the note choices, the tone, the wah, everything is perfect! Thanks for taking the time to record a solo for this one. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 23 2017, 04:46 PM) *
That's brilliant Scott, puts mine to shame laugh.gif I tried some wah but couldn't get it right, auto wah and T wah just don't seem to cut it, maybe it's the way I had them set up.

This is my favourite of mine so far. The funky rhythm still needs polishing, if I don't get it right maybe someone else could do some there instead. I quite like the lead work though and there is a bit of vibrato in there that just hits me for some reason @ 00:30, it's very subtle but there's something about it I like and I don't know what it is unsure.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/neo-soul-more-jammin

Great job Phil! This one is much tighter! I think that your solo is great and that you should be proud of it! By the way, these collabs are a excuse to train your playing and creativity so it's great to see that your takes get better and better.

This last one is ok, but if you want to continue polishing it, it's also ok! Thanks for joining friend.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 24 2017, 09:10 AM
Thanks Gab, I will keep on polishing every day as my warm up smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 24 2017, 07:34 PM
GMC:er
I'm in!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:17 AM