Guitar Rig 5 Upgrade
Gary
Oct 15 2011, 10:40 PM
GMC:er
Wondering if any users of Guitar Rig have upgraded to GR 5?

I use GR 4 with the Kontrol unit and am thinking about ugrading. Cost is not a big deal as it's only $79 if you are using a previous full version of Guitar Rig. I am ust wondering if the added amps / functionalies are worth it.

Thanks,
Gary

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 16 2011, 10:38 AM
Instructor
Well, it would be better if you could try the demo, and see if it's worth the upgrade? Is there a demo maybe?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 16 2011, 05:36 PM
Instructor
i think for the $80 you can't go wrong, a couple of new cool amps and some effects, yay smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 17 2011, 09:20 PM
Instructor
Yeah, if you have 80$, definitely recommended to get one smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JamesT
Oct 18 2011, 06:19 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I have it. It's pretty good. Tonewise it doesn't seem a lot different than GR4. But I had the LE version of GR4 which had only a few amps and effects. The full blown pro version has tons. For the first time I hooked it up as standalone just to jam through instead of using as a VST. I was amazed at how low the latency is. It's almost as quick latencywise as playing through my POD. Good tones too. I haven't spent too much time with it yet but so far it's great.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 18 2011, 05:36 PM
Instructor
If you can afford it, go for the upgrade! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 20 2011, 08:56 PM
Instructor
Latency is lower in GR5 than GR4 ?!? Which sound card do you have? Are you sure it's the software? It's worth having then smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 20 2011, 09:08 PM
It's always a good idea to try the Demo, just in general. But yeah it sounds like you just can't go wrong at that price. I"m planning on getting the full suite to upgrade from the last KOMPLETE. It comes on it's own hard drive which is nice. smile.gif

+Quote Post
JamesT
Oct 21 2011, 03:29 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Oct 20 2011, 12:56 PM) *
Latency is lower in GR5 than GR4 ?!? Which sound card do you have? Are you sure it's the software? It's worth having then smile.gif

As for my experience, well, I've been through so many upgrades since I last tested stand-alone (live monitoring) that I'm almost sure my improvements are all from hardware. My old box (a P4, XP, with Yamaha i88x interface and it's funky drivers) was just way to slow (latency wise) to get any enjoyment out of stand-alone mode. With my new box (2yrs old now, an i7, Win7 with TC Electronic StudioKonekt 48) makes monitoring through GTR5 a dream. So I'd have to say for me the improvement was from hardware.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 21 2011, 05:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Oct 20 2011, 10:29 PM) *
As for my experience, well, I've been through so many upgrades since I last tested stand-alone (live monitoring) that I'm almost sure my improvements are all from hardware. My old box (a P4, XP, with Yamaha i88x interface and it's funky drivers) was just way to slow (latency wise) to get any enjoyment out of stand-alone mode. With my new box (2yrs old now, an i7, Win7 with TC Electronic StudioKonekt 48) makes monitoring through GTR5 a dream. So I'd have to say for me the improvement was from hardware.

Agree here, i don't think the new version is any lighter than before, but it's because you are running a i7, and that's a BEAST.
how low can you set the latency? with my iMac i'm running at like 5ms overall latency, that's low smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 21 2011, 09:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Oct 21 2011, 04:29 AM) *

I almost to invest in this! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klausb
Jul 6 2012, 01:14 PM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Oct 21 2011, 08:07 PM) *
I almost to invest in this! laugh.gif

Guys, I have invested and its awsome...specifically compared to the light version. I can now load the BNKs and KSDs etc ;-)

But having said....anyone has the sounds of those great instructors such as Muris ?? was not there a plan somehwere to share the Presets for other GMCers? where is it gone?

Thanks, Klaus!

+Quote Post
gregc1
Jul 6 2012, 05:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (klausb @ Jul 6 2012, 12:14 PM) *
Guys, I have invested and its awsome...specifically compared to the light version. I can now load the BNKs and KSDs etc ;-)

But having said....anyone has the sounds of those great instructors such as Muris ?? was not there a plan somehwere to share the Presets for other GMCers? where is it gone?

Thanks, Klaus!

Some kind of preset section would be cool.

Also, I could be wrong but I believe Muris used GR3. I'm not sure if those old patches will work on newer versions. They probably will but I know obviously new patches wont work on older versions. I'm actually stuck on Guitar Rig 3 because my iMac is maxed out as far as operating systems go. I have the last version before they went to Intel processors which is required for GR4-5. Mine still works great so I can't really justify a new computer but when I do get one I will be upgrading quickly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jul 6 2012, 06:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 20 2011, 01:08 PM) *
It's always a good idea to try the Demo, just in general. But yeah it sounds like you just can't go wrong at that price. I"m planning on getting the full suite to upgrade from the last KOMPLETE. It comes on it's own hard drive which is nice. smile.gif

Buy it now. Only 1 day left (I think?) of their 10 year anniversary 50% off sale

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:25 AM