Coffee Lovers At Gmc, Lets hear from you !!
zen
Dec 28 2009, 01:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Every morning I realize the importance of getting that first cup of java in me to get things started.. .. I wouldn't a pleasant man if I didnt have that laugh.gif ... Yes, im hooked on to it, especially that first cup in the morning .. I don't have a machine at home, so I just go for instant ones.. My fav one being Moccona Indulgence.. Now I have max 2 cups a day..

How bad is your addiction? and which brand/ flavour is the elixir of choice? smile.gif

p.s - Hope Luciana is not listening in on this .. unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by zen: Dec 28 2009, 05:10 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Emir Hot
Dec 28 2009, 03:08 AM
Instructor
I have it every single day. No wake up without it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 28 2009, 03:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
smile.gif Hmmm... the sweet sensation of caffeine hitting the nervous system smile.gif

There have been endless contradicting studies done on it and now I've really given up on evaluating it's consequences .. Anything in moderation is OK for you. wink.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
kahall
Dec 28 2009, 03:38 AM
Learning Roadie
If I am awake I have coffee by my side. I am a sipper and have to reheat it many times to get a rather large mug down. There is a starbucks around the corner and I go once a day and get a thermos full and I do their instant (VIA) when in a pinch. My coffee budget is out of line even though I get many freebies.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Dec 28 2009, 03:40 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I drink about 3 or 4 cups a day. My flavor of choice, currently, is Van Houtte Amazonia - Fair Trade and Organic. I have a Keurig Coffee Machine that brews a brilliant one cup at a time.

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Dec 28 2009, 03:42 AM

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 28 2009, 03:41 AM
Learning Tone Master
i start my daY WITH about 50 ounces by noon , it does need to be half-caf , maxwell house

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 28 2009, 04:02 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Dec 28 2009, 01:40 PM) *
I drink about 3 or 4 cups a day. My flavor of choice, currently, is Van Houtte Amazonia - Fair Trade and Organic. I have a Keurig Coffee Machine that brews a brilliant one cup at a time.

I've always wanted ot buy a machine and fresh beans for home but I couldn't be bothered cleaning it + the good ones are mega expensive .. mad.gif

QUOTE (kahall @ Dec 28 2009, 01:38 PM) *
If I am awake I have coffee by my side. I am a sipper and have to reheat it many times to get a rather large mug down. There is a starbucks around the corner and I go once a day and get a thermos full and I do their instant (VIA) when in a pinch. My coffee budget is out of line even though I get many freebies.

haha .. wow .. thats some serious caffine intake ... wait till Staffy joins us laugh.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 28 2009, 01:41 PM) *
i start my daY WITH about 50 ounces by noon , it does need to be half-caf , maxwell house

Dude, 50 ounces = 1.4 kg = 3.125 lbs .. Which coffee heaven are you located in ? smile.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 28 2009, 07:45 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I need my coffee! I need it fast and I need it often! laugh.gif
Gotta have it, just gotta have it.

I do love some real coffee bought from dedicated coffee-stores,
but I do not remember the names I'm afraid..

I usually drink most of my coffee at work, but I do enjoy a good cup of coffee and a cigarette
in my couch when my playing isn't going where I want it to laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 28 2009, 09:54 AM
Learning Tone Master
Oohhh, Im really BAAAD! I have about 1-2 litres/day I think or about 10-14 cups... I have a coffee-machine that takes the raw beans and makes coffee out of it in one process. So my favourite is really colombian beans, but they are hard to get and expensive, so mostly I have to go with ordinary beans from the store. (even that they are called colombian they dont taste the same) Since I quitted drinking, women ( tongue.gif ) and other drugs years ago, coffee has been a substitute and is really one reason that I'm here, since quitting the other bad stuff got me interested in music again, and I have never been so creative as nowaday's. So thank's heaven for our coffee!!!! (I'm not religious, but I have to thank someone.....)

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 28 2009, 10:27 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Staffy @ Dec 28 2009, 07:54 PM) *
Oohhh, Im really BAAAD! I have about 1-2 litres/day I think or about 10-14 cups... I have a coffee-machine that takes the raw beans and makes coffee out of it in one process. So my favourite is really colombian beans, but they are hard to get and expensive, so mostly I have to go with ordinary beans from the store. (even that they are called colombian they dont taste the same) Since I quitted drinking, women ( tongue.gif ) and other drugs years ago, coffee has been a substitute and is really one reason that I'm here, since quitting the other bad stuff got me interested in music again, and I have never been so creative as nowaday's. So thank's heaven for our coffee!!!! (I'm not religious, but I have to thank someone.....)

//Staffay

hahah .. thats A LOT of java mate tongue.gif
Hmmm,.. the smell of fresh crushed colombian beans smile.gif smile.gif
I might get a machine after all ..

Has ANYONE tried dave mustaine's brand ? I'm sure it would be really bad smile.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 28 2009, 11:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (zen @ Dec 28 2009, 10:27 AM) *
Has ANYONE tried dave mustaine's brand ? I'm sure it would be really bad smile.gif

Hahaaa, he's own brand.... yeah, to drink that I might be able to cut down the coffee to about 5-6 cups/day.... laugh.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 28 2009, 01:20 PM
Instructor
Hello, my name is Ivan, and I'm a coffee addict. I'm so addicted I don't care about the taste - just give me caffeine. As long it is not mud, it's cool with me. cool.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Dec 28 2009, 01:41 PM
GMC:er
Total addict here tongue.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 28 2009, 01:45 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 28 2009, 12:20 PM) *
Hello, my name is Ivan, and I'm a coffee addict. I'm so addicted I don't care about the taste - just give me caffeine. As long it is not mud, it's cool with me. cool.gif

Hi, I'm Sensible and I'd like to join this Meeting!!

My Coffee Mug takes 1 pt at a time and I have at least 5 of them a day!!

My favourite 'fresh' coffee is called 'Hot Lava Java' and gives most 'normal' people the shakes after 1 cup!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 28 2009, 01:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
help me, i left my coffee mug somewhere , can't find it ,don't now if i can go onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 28 2009, 02:09 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 28 2009, 01:20 PM) *

What? I guess its the same for me, I even drink a couple of days od coffee microwaved if there's nothing else... tongue.gif Are we supposed to start a "Coffee Anonymous" here??? I case of that I'm NOT gonna join, since I will simply shoot myself without coffe.... laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 28 2009, 02:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Trust me .... It works .... and is a must ... for every guitarist !! laugh.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 28 2009, 03:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Staffy @ Dec 28 2009, 02:09 PM) *
What? I guess its the same for me, I even drink a couple of days od coffee microwaved if there's nothing else... tongue.gif Are we supposed to start a "Coffee Anonymous" here??? I case of that I'm NOT gonna join, since I will simply shoot myself without coffe.... laugh.gif

the next question i have to ask is , what else is siting around for 3 days, or do i not want to know

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 28 2009, 01:45 PM) *
Hi, I'm Sensible and I'd like to join this Meeting!!

My Coffee Mug takes 1 pt at a time and I have at least 5 of them a day!!

My favourite 'fresh' coffee is called 'Hot Lava Java' and gives most 'normal' people the shakes after 1 cup!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Rookie laugh.gif my back up mug holds 16 ounces, my primary holds 24 , and i left it somewhere. i guess i'm the rookie for leaving my most prized possesion in unsafe territory, or where could it be , my soul longs for thee huh.gif

next question is which could you go longer without , Guitar or Coffee?

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Dec 28 2009, 04:03 PM
I'd like to join this meeting as well! I brew my first cups each day in a coconut shell, it makes a nice drip filter. I always have a hot cup when I practice each day as I get up @ 3:30 to make it happen huh.gif So I get the big 2lb bags and I like to brew it thick! If I drink too much in the day I will wake up in the middle of the night so at a certain point 2 (maybe 3) cups I have to switch to decaf wink.gif Coffee has made me the ROCK STAR I am today!!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

OK one more confession! I also keep my Joe Hot on a camping lantern!!! Works like a charm biggrin.gif as I practice my coffee stays very hot, I like it hot and strong... Just like I like my women laugh.gif huh.gif dry.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 28 2009, 04:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey guys,

I guess mi nickname says it all. I wish I could send you a sample of my coffee to you all. I'll let you know as soon as its available on europe.

There are a lot of things that you must have to drink a good cup of coffee, but I'll just give you a couple of tips.

• Try to buy the coffee directly from the roaster, at his webpage or at the local store, when you buy the coffee at the supermarket you don't know how long it´s been since roasted
  • Buy it in beans and grind it at home, only grind the amount you need.
  • Keep the coffee in a dry place, don't keep it in the fridge unless the only thing you have in there is coffee, and keep in a well closed container.

This tips will help you drink a fresh cup of coffee, if you need more tips just let me know.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:11 PM