Ngd? Ibby Prestige?
Todd Simpson
Jan 29 2016, 08:00 AM
GMC:er
These prestige model 7 strings are new for 2016. Good night I want one!! It is NOT for every one for sure, but boy howdy is it freakin A for me!!! They are going for $599 on sale which is pretty nice for a prestige with a floyd and 7 strings.

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/ibanez-rg...bf-rg-prestige/Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 29 2016, 08:09 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I know you're the Ibz guru mate but are you sure that's a prestige? I thought the prestige didn't have the tick on the headstock, I know mine doesn't. I looked on Sweetwater's site and it says it is a prestige. Mine is a team J Craft one, is that different to normal prestige?

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 29 2016, 10:15 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 29 2016, 03:09 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Yeah, that's a typo on the sweetwater page. It's nice, but it's not a Prestige model. There sure are a lot of nice 2016 Ibanezes, including some beautiful 7 string RG prestiges. I've become accustomed to my Edge zero bridge, which allows me to use a full floating whammy bar while also easily switching from standard to drop tuning. I thought it was the greatest invention ever. But because of a lawsuit over the ZPS feature, Ibanez doesn't make those any longer. So, I'd have to give that up to get a new Ibanez. The new PWM10 sure looks intriguing at a reasonable price!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 29 2016, 03:27 PM
I think thats what Ben uses but with an extra nice top and trem. system. Saw him using it in a bunch of videos so it should be good.

This I guess is the prestige version of it but price doubles; http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RG752CBM

Just noticed they don't offer S 7 strings with trem.s anymore atleast in USA, my friend has one for a few years now and yesterday went to upgrade it with EVO pu's. Don't know why on 7 string I've always liked the thin body although didn't care much for the 6 strings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 29 2016, 03:40 PM
Experienced Rock Star
The usa catalog shows just one 7 string S model, but it's a Prestige, so it sells for $1700:
http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg_detail...&color=CL01

One thing that is bizarre about the 2016 line is the Iron Label S series. The Iron Label brand was originally supposed to mean: a stripped down look and features that are all business. The 2016 S Iron Labels look way too gaudy with gold hardware and fancy abalone binding all around.

http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg_detail...&color=CL01

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 30 2016, 10:33 AM
GMC Founder
Yes that price would have been fantastic. Yet this seems like a really nice guitar anyway!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2016, 09:33 PM
Turns out that the vendor just mis quoted (mislead) the title of the item. It turns out that the actual guitar is a 6 and not a 7 so I nixed the deal sad.gif Onward!

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 30 2016, 04:33 AM) *
Yes that price would have been fantastic. Yet this seems like a really nice guitar anyway!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:35 AM