Free Video Editing On The Web, Edit Your Videos "In The Cloud"
Todd Simpson
Jan 10 2012, 05:16 AM
GMC:er
There is a new web site I just found that lets you upload and edit your video footage from handy cam, web cam, digi cam, whatever and add effects, text, audio, etc. All in "real time" no rendering. It works on any computer just using a web browser. No purchase required, and it's FREE smile.gif My fav price!

I"m editing a video with it right now as a test and it feels very similar to Avid/Final Cut Pro/Premiere but much faster as there is no waiting for FX/transitions to render/export. All that is done "in the cloud" or in other words, in a big room full of computers. It's a cool idea whose time has come smile.gif Here is the link to check it out.

http://www.wevideo.com/tour

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 10 2012, 05:22 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2012, 11:06 AM
Instructor
This looks interesting! I shall give it a shot for certain smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 12 2012, 12:29 PM
Instructor
Wow, it's free? That's awesome Todd, thanks for the link, this can be veery handy smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 12 2012, 10:21 PM
Instructor
Nice App ,thanks buddy smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 12 2012, 11:20 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 12 2012, 06:29 AM) *
Wow, it's free? That's awesome Todd, thanks for the link, this can be veery handy smile.gif

My favorite price! smile.gif And it all runs "in the cloud" so all you need is a computer and web browser. The heavy lifting/rendering is done on the server side. It's the future of software to be honest. As bandwidth increases, it's our connection to remote resources that will unleash the power software. Imagine if you could leverage 200 CPU's using just your laptop. Nearly unlimited audio and video processing would be possible.

Even this app uses the server farm to render all the effects you throw on the timeline so that your local machine doesn't have to. SPIFF! smile.gif

As a bonus, all your footage lives in the cloud so you can access it from anywhere and it serves as a backup. Just soooo handy! It's got it's limitations to be sure and is far from perfect. But for editing short videos intended for the web, it's great!

So far, only insctructors responding in this thread, I hope students take a look at this as well. They are the ones who could benefit the most. I"ve already got video editing software, but if I was just starting out I"d jump on this right away and save the money buying video software and spend it on plugins for my DAW smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 12 2012, 11:21 PM

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Jan 13 2012, 12:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
https://www.wevideo.com/sign-up

1 GB storage
360p resolution
15 export minutes per month
Export to Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo and Twitter
5 invites per project
390 licensed music titles

------------------------------------------

Very cool idea. They start charging for higher resolution and minutes per month. Have to pay for those servers some how.

Trying it out... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2012, 07:51 AM
They are using the "FREEMIUM" model which is quite common these days. You give away the starter level of service for free and then a small percentage of customers with convert to be paying customers. Usually such a site lives on about 10 percent of all users. 90 percent or so remain free and the 10 percenters bascially pay for the whole party.

For folks just getting in to Digital Video, this is just a great site. It lets you mess around with video editing with almost zero barrier to entry/cost.

QUOTE (Michael AC @ Jan 12 2012, 06:18 PM) *
https://www.wevideo.com/sign-up

1 GB storage
360p resolution
15 export minutes per month
Export to Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo and Twitter
5 invites per project
390 licensed music titles

------------------------------------------

Very cool idea. They start charging for higher resolution and minutes per month. Have to pay for those servers some how.

Trying it out... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 13 2012, 09:27 AM
Instructor
Looks very cool. Good find, Todd ! cool.gif

You're right.. it's the future right there. Movies can be made with the crew being in different countries !

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jan 13 2012, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:18 PM