2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Next Amp!
Dennizzz119
Apr 13 2010, 08:38 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Apr 13 2010, 06:28 PM) *
The only engl i can fidn at a decent price is a combo and man e really really really want and halfstack smile.gif ..but thanks for the suggest..

Do you think that w/ a tube screamer I can get a better distortion out of the marshall ?? that maybe can do metal ??

'
Ooh hell Yeah you can
My jackhammer makes it cry like a baby

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Skill level 5/10

Equipment:

- Fender Highway one Upgrade Telecaster
- Ibanez JEM555 Vai Signature
- Noname acoustic :P

- Marshall JCM2000
- Stagg crappy 10w

Savings for a Gibson SG '61 Reissue:
120€ / 1400

If You don't believe in it, You'll never achieve it,

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 13 2010, 09:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Awsoome =)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 13 2010, 09:49 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Apr 13 2010, 10:21 AM) *
so e can play from clean to dirty just moving my guitar volume .. ??

Yes!

And I was talking about the Laney before smile.gif

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 13 2010, 10:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok thanks MickeM

+Quote Post
Quibanez
Apr 13 2010, 10:26 PM
I've got an Randall RG75G3, and I have to say it's metal... If you want to sound like Pantera, buy it!
But I'm very happy with it 'cause I can get a nice blues tone as well (and ofcourse the Maiden sound)

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 13 2010, 10:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the suggestion mate .. I´ll check it out..

btw: can annybody else confirm that a tube screamer in front of the marshall dsl 2000 be enouth for metal ??

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 13 2010, 10:33 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 14 2010, 12:00 AM
That is a classic amp and this is a classic problem. That amp sounds amazing at very high volume levels. It's what they are built for. However, at practice volume, the tubes may not get all the drive/gain you are looking for. You can always try to put more gain on the signal before it gets to the amp. For example, some folks use active pickups like EMGs, some folks use an external pre-amp, or even a distortion pedeal with the drive turned down. Eddie Vanhalen used to use a VARi-AC to force the amp to drive itself harder by depriving it of juice.

In short, you can get around this issue. It's just a question of which solution works best for you.

Todd

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 14 2010, 05:56 AM
Have you decide something?

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 15 2010, 12:47 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah I´m going for the Marshall smile.gif and I´m gonna also order a pedal to give it that extra kick for metal .. do you guys think a tube screamer can do it ??

Now all I´m messing is a cab ... i have found 3 options :

1 - Framus 2 x 12 (used) - 240 euros
2 - Marshall 1960 A (used ) FOR ~ 400 EURO
3 A REALLY REALLY USED Marshall 1960 A 4x 12 - 250 EURO btw- here is the link in case you want to see it ..
4 - COLUNA FRAMUS COBRA 4 X 12‏ for 500 euros .. this is a bit expensive and its used but have been tld they are great cabs
5 - MARSHALL 2x12 (1936) jcm 900 - 250 euro
which one do you guys think is better .. ??

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 15 2010, 12:22 PM

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 15 2010, 07:02 AM
I saw Kiko Loureiro live playing on a guitar workshop with a Marshall Mg series and a Tube Screamer and it was wild!!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 15 2010, 12:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Santiago smile.gif.. any body got somthing to say about the cabs ??

btw: kiko is comingo to Portugal .. tongue.gif i think its tommorow

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 15 2010, 12:16 PM

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 15 2010, 08:17 PM
Learning Roadie
btw: the laney´s new valves are GrooveTubes in the power and JJ and te pre .. are thesse good ??

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 15 2010, 09:16 PM
Learning Roadie
lil help over here xD ???

DOes anybody know what is the diffrence bettewn LOW INPUT and HI input ??

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 15 2010, 09:47 PM

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 16 2010, 01:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Apr 15 2010, 09:16 PM) *

Yeah mate, the old plexi's and stuff had different inputs for the pre-amp, basically pre-set levels that gave a different chracter to the sound, if your amp has four inputs you cn jump lead the channels as well for som interesting sounds.
Having skimmed your thread I think the marshall isnt a bad choice but you will still need to push the front end for those high gain sounds, have a look at a Mesa express 5:50 mate, they can do some fairly nice metal tones and most everything down from that.

QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Apr 15 2010, 09:16 PM) *

Yeah mate, the old plexi's and stuff had different inputs for the pre-amp, basically pre-set levels that gave a different chracter to the sound, if your amp has four inputs you cn jump lead the channels as well for som interesting sounds.
Having skimmed your thread I think the marshall isnt a bad choice but you will still need to push the front end for those high gain sounds, have a look at a Mesa express 5:50 mate, they can do some fairly nice metal tones and most everything down from that.

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 16 2010, 02:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow double awser thanks mate smile.gif that Mesa boogie sounds awsome .. but i´s way too expensive.. (for me )

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 30 2010, 11:34 AM

+Quote Post
Quibanez
Apr 19 2010, 09:17 PM
I didn't really suggest my amp, I suggested the randall you were thinking off biggrin.gif that should be a better one

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 20 2010, 02:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Quibanez @ Apr 13 2010, 11:26 PM) *
I've got an Randall RG75G3, and I have to say it's metal... If you want to sound like Pantera, buy it!
But I'm very happy with it 'cause I can get a nice blues tone as well (and ofcourse the Maiden sound)

I think this amp sounds very good, it roars on high volumes, but on low volumes it sounds synthetic. Clean channel is very good, cold, but good. The amp is voiced towards metal, so the lack of mids is evident in the mix - it sounds a bit thin.

QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Apr 13 2010, 11:29 PM) *
Thanks for the suggestion mate .. I´ll check it out..

btw: can annybody else confirm that a tube screamer in front of the marshall dsl 2000 be enouth for metal ??

You will have enough of gain if that is what you mean, but the problem is keeping the low end tight. You really need to be careful if you want to achieve this. Hardly you will keep the bass tight if you introduce overdrive to already overdriven DSL, but you can tweak the sounds and see what works best. Also, be prepared to have noise issues, so noise gate is welcome there.

QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Apr 15 2010, 01:47 AM) *
Yeah I´m going for the Marshall smile.gif and I´m gonna also order a pedal to give it that extra kick for metal .. do you guys think a tube screamer can do it ??

Now all I´m messing is a cab ... i have found 3 options :

1 - Framus 2 x 12 (used) - 240 euros
2 - Marshall 1960 A (used ) FOR ~ 400 EURO
3 A REALLY REALLY USED Marshall 1960 A 4x 12 - 250 EURO btw- here is the link in case you want to see it ..
4 - COLUNA FRAMUS COBRA 4 X 12‏ for 500 euros .. this is a bit expensive and its used but have been tld they are great cabs
5 - MARSHALL 2x12 (1936) jcm 900 - 250 euro
which one do you guys think is better .. ??

It depends on the speakers inside. Also you should definitely consider portability of the boxes. If you plan to carry them somewhere bare in mind that 412 takes two man to carry, while 212 can pass with one man. Also, 212 fits easier in the car. In general, Marshall cabs are voiced towards Marshall heads, so that's a safe bet IMO. I wouldn't buy Framus cab unless I tried it and like it.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Apr 20 2010, 02:50 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 21 2010, 04:48 AM
I have my Marshall MKII into a Marshall 1960 (300w) and it's a monster of power. The 8 strings axe sounds so agressive!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 21 2010, 12:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Apr 21 2010, 05:48 AM) *
I have my Marshall MKII into a Marshall 1960 (300w) and it's a monster of power. The 8 strings axe sounds so agressive!

That thing is truly a monster of tone and power! If something has the power to push that axe, that's the thing! smile.gif)

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:35 PM