Is Praise And Worship Music Driving Guitar Sales?
Mertay
Apr 26 2021, 11:31 PM
GMC:er
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/fe...-qgE_9goGjEC28U

Was an interesting article for me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 27 2021, 12:20 AM
it's something I had not thought about but yeah! Worship/Praise music is one of the few examples of live music that has kept going all the way through the pandemic. I never thought the church would keep live music going but it certainly seems that way at current. I hope more live stuff starts happening as soon as it can of course smile.gif I should have seen it coming though, as historically the church has been the wellspring of art/music performance/creation going back quite a long time.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 26 2021, 06:31 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 5 2021, 07:47 PM
Learning Roadie
There so much gear talk in the P&W circles, a lot of boutique gear being bought because the popular band's guitarist uses something, they all jump on it.

It's a money making industry.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 5 2021, 08:00 PM
It's one of the few steady paying gigs left! It seems to be growing while all the other gigs are going away.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ May 5 2021, 02:47 PM) *
There so much gear talk in the P&W circles, a lot of boutique gear being bought because the popular band's guitarist uses something, they all jump on it.

It's a money making industry.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 5 2021, 08:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Paying?

Only in some of the big US churches that have the pressure to have the best musicians or else their members will go elsewhere.

Most churches it's all volunteers

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: May 5 2021, 08:05 PM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 5 2021, 08:46 PM
Out here, almost all the churches pay. Some - really well.
Before the pandemic, many many pro players had a "church gig". I always did ... and I'm Jewish wink.gif
I can attest that they are indeed freaks for high-end gear as well as whatever is the current ampless/DI flavor of the month.
I always just used a tiny tube amp with plexiglass in front of it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:41 AM