Pedal Designer Plays Guitar!
Mertay
Aug 5 2016, 08:08 PM
GMC:er
Best I've heard so far, its a gear demo video really but I'm very impressed with the guys playing. Combining engineering and musicality to create a dreamed tone, amazing achievement.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2016, 04:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hah! The guy to the right makes such an "oh, man, what a tone!"-face at 0:35 smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 6 2016, 07:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 6 2016, 04:12 PM) *
Hah! The guy to the right makes such an "oh, man, what a tone!"-face at 0:35 smile.gif

And just before that he makes some microscopic adjustments to the pedals, I struggle to hear less than a 5 degree turn of the knobs at the moment, in fact some of the knobs on my compressor aren't noticeable to my messed up ears at less than 15 degrees laugh.gif

I love these two guys' videos but rarely have the time to watch them all the way through rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 6 2016, 07:24 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 7 2016, 01:20 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 6 2016, 06:23 PM) *
And just before that he makes some microscopic adjustments to the pedals, I struggle to hear less than a 5 degree turn of the knobs at the moment, in fact some of the knobs on my compressor aren't noticeable to my messed up ears at less than 15 degrees laugh.gif

I love these two guys' videos but rarely have the time to watch them all the way through rolleyes.gif

I thing I also do that when I'm trying to nail a sound, but its just a reflex of thinking smile.gif that 5 degree move seems to only matter with my boss mt2 as the eq's can get too detailed which is definitly not always a good thing.

Since its weekly I think I watched most of the shows, but the search function on youtube is pretty good once you're in their channel when needed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 1 2016, 09:30 AM
It's a great idea to use a switcher like they are doing if you are going for pedals. The biggest problem with pedals without the switcher is playing tap dance to get the right pedals on and others off. With a pedal switcher, you can set up "scenes" in one button that is "lead" with drive/delay/reverb, then a clean button that has chorus/compression etc. Essentially trying to turn the pedals collection in to the functionality of a processor with a control pedal.

That said, I still enjoy pedals and have two pedal boards and one midi controller board with a soul press wah so three in total. smile.gif

Todd
Attached Image

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 5 2016, 03:08 PM) *
Best I've heard so far, its a gear demo video really but I'm very impressed with the guys playing. Combining engineering and musicality to create a dreamed tone, amazing achievement.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 1 2016, 11:39 AM
Reason why I went with processors when I was a beginner, always thought of live performance back then and indeed it was helpful on stage and let me focus on the guitar.

Boss released some really nice fx switchers this year but they aren't really affordable smile.gif Hybrid in theory is what makes most sense to me in a non-specific situation, most modulation fx are digital anyway so having a processor together with analog pedals can work good (most guys like satch., vai does this anyway and was the popular approach of pro-players before they went all axe-fx).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2016, 05:02 PM
Those framed pedals on the wall are just killer smile.gif That's a great idea for decorating a studio IMHO smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 5 2016, 03:08 PM) *

Very true smile.gif I use both pedals and processor myself these days wink.gif Though I don't use a pedal switcher, just put a given pedal board in front of my 11 rack and have my one outboard piece (the tube preamp) in the fx loop of the 11 rack smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 1 2016, 06:39 AM) *
Reason why I went with processors when I was a beginner, always thought of live performance back then and indeed it was helpful on stage and let me focus on the guitar.

Boss released some really nice fx switchers this year but they aren't really affordable smile.gif Hybrid in theory is what makes most sense to me in a non-specific situation, most modulation fx are digital anyway so having a processor together with analog pedals can work good (most guys like satch., vai does this anyway and was the popular approach of pro-players before they went all axe-fx).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:38 PM