6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Discussion And Uploads, ALL Mentor's Advanced Virtual Band
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 08:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok, let´s do a drum track! smile.gif
I just tried to make one with RiffWorks, but I am too stupid for it. biggrin.gif Who takes over?

Enforcer, correct! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 12 2009, 08:57 PM
GMC:er
It's just straight up C Aeolian isn't it?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 09:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 12 2009, 08:57 PM) *
It's just straight up C Aeolian isn't it?

Yeah. You can use this scale or its pentatonic. (or sometimes the harmonic minor scale)

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 12 2009, 09:11 PM
I can do a drum track but I am with my mobile solution so my vsti options is kinda limited because of the cpu needs. I will make a midi file of it if it works and you can make it more realistic on ez drums or something.

One other suggestion, lets make that chord progression "Cmin9 Fmin9 Bdim7 Cmin9" in place of "Cmin9 Fmin9 Bdim7" This diminished chord feels like it requires a Cmin9 before the end of the loop...

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 09:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 12 2009, 09:11 PM) *
I can do a drum track but I am with my mobile solution so my vsti options is kinda limited because of the cpu needs. I will make a midi file of it if it works and you can make it more realistic on ez drums or something.

One other suggestion, lets make that chord progression "Cmin9 Fmin9 Bdim7 Cmin9" in place of "Cmin9 Fmin9 Bdim7" This diminished chord feels like it requires a Cmin9 before the end of the loop...

Ok! However, it´s not Bdim7. smile.gif It´s Dmin7b5 (D F Ab Db). It sounds the same, but the notes aren´t the same.

I´m glad you can do a DT.

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 12 2009, 09:33 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 12 2009, 10:13 PM) *
Ok! However, it´s not Bdim7. smile.gif It´s Dmin7b5 (D F Ab Db). It sounds the same, but the notes aren´t the same.

I´m glad you can do a DT.

yeah man I meant that tongue.gif biggrin.gif

We should pick a tempo shouldnt we?

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 12 2009, 09:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
What about a bass track? Any thoughts on this? If we had a midi file and someone has a VST it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 12 2009, 09:35 PM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 09:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 12 2009, 09:34 PM) *
What about a bass track? Any thoughts on this? If we had a midi file and someone has a VST it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I can give it a try tomorrow. However, I never used VSts! laugh.gif Big time to start!

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 12 2009, 09:37 PM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 12 2009, 10:34 PM) *

Maybe someone has a bass guitar?

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 10:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 12 2009, 09:37 PM) *
Maybe someone has a bass guitar?

I don´t, but I am currently making a midi file.

I just realized that I wrote something wrong in my previous posts:
It´s Dmin7b5 (D F Ab Db). It sounds the same, but the notes aren´t the same.

Dmin7b5 is D F Ab C, but I play D F Ab B, so it´s just simply: D dim7.

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 12 2009, 10:19 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 12 2009, 11:05 PM) *
I don´t, but I am currently making a midi file.

I just realized that I wrote something wrong in my previous posts:

Dmin7b5 is D F Ab C, but I play D F Ab B, so it´s just simply: D dim7.

Dminmaj6/5- tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

even maybe Abmin/5- laugh.gif

This post has been edited by enforcer: Jan 12 2009, 10:25 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 12 2009, 11:33 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I was playing around a bit with Tolek's progression and came up with something like this .. i added a G7 at the end:

Attached File  progression_01.mp3 ( 861.96K ) Number of downloads: 223

Attached File  progression_01_drums.mp3 ( 861.96K ) Number of downloads: 186

Only an idea of course. I'm not sure if you guys want to go in this direction, but maybe we can collect first some ideas from everybody and do a selection afterwards.

Edit:
I added the drum loop as well, if you want to try some else or an idea how to continue this progression.

This post has been edited by wrk: Jan 12 2009, 11:41 PM

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 12 2009, 11:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 12 2009, 11:33 PM) *
I was playing around a bit with Tolek's progression and came up with something like this .. i added a G7 at the end:

Attached File  progression_01.mp3 ( 861.96K ) Number of downloads: 223

Attached File  progression_01_drums.mp3 ( 861.96K ) Number of downloads: 186

Only an idea of course. I'm not sure if you guys want to go in this direction, but maybe we can collect first some ideas from everybody and do a selection afterwards.

Edit:
I added the drum loop as well, if you want to try some else or an idea how to continue this progression.

I like it wrk smile.gif.

The progression is great, however for me it's a bit repetitive. What about having this progression for about 1/2 the time currently, and have a transition to another progression (which a similar length) - (am currently on the road, so can't really give input to the other progression before some time tomorrow). Once we have that, everybody could record a take on either progression 1 or 2 and we can mix it together nicely?

Just an idea smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 13 2009, 12:36 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 12 2009, 11:59 PM) *
I like it wrk smile.gif.

The progression is great, however for me it's a bit repetitive. What about having this progression for about 1/2 the time currently, and have a transition to another progression (which a similar length) - (am currently on the road, so can't really give input to the other progression before some time tomorrow). Once we have that, everybody could record a take on either progression 1 or 2 and we can mix it together nicely?

Just an idea smile.gif

of course.. i played this progression one time and looped it. Just as an example. After 2 times should come something else for sure.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 13 2009, 12:57 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I liked it to wrk smile.gif Has room in the progression for a cool bass grove and some spicey guitar licks tongue.gif

We do need a change though. I can't jam right now because it's a school night and I'm playing the Daddy role. sad.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 13 2009, 06:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 12 2009, 10:19 PM) *
Dminmaj6/5- tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

even maybe Abmin/5- laugh.gif

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! biggrin.gif That´s the tiredness. Sorry! biggrin.gif I wrote the wrong notes again. The real notes are: D F Ab Cb. The Cb doens´t sound odd because it´s the B, the Major 7th from the C minor scale. And the chord is: D dim. Or am I wrong again? laugh.gif

Awesome backing, wrk. Thanks!

I spontaneously played a progression that is a 2nd minor higher and it goes like this (starting from the last chord of the first Cmin progression):
G7 - G# - C#min - C#min - G# - A - F#min - G# - C#min...
Attached File  onetwo.mp3 ( 616.59K ) Number of downloads: 180

Is this good?

This post has been edited by Tolek: Jan 13 2009, 06:01 PM

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 13 2009, 06:08 PM
I got an idea, lets name our band!!

few ideas I know they are kinda silly:

MeanTaurus
Dream Tutors
Alien Fingers Big Band
the G10
GMC Security Council
Cold Laboration
GuitarPlayster United

what do you think? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 13 2009, 07:00 PM) *
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! biggrin.gif That´s the tiredness. Sorry! biggrin.gif I wrote the wrong notes again. The real notes are: D F Ab Cb. The Cb doens´t sound odd because it´s the B, the Major 7th from the C minor scale. And the chord is: D dim. Or am I wrong again? laugh.gif

Awesome backing, wrk. Thanks!

I spontaneously played a progression that is a 2nd minor higher and it goes like this (starting from the last chord of the first Cmin progression):
G7 - G# - C#min - C#min - G# - A - F#min - G# - C#min...
Attached File  onetwo.mp3 ( 616.59K ) Number of downloads: 180

Is this good?

Yeah man, there are somedays all of us lack some attention biggrin.gif Np, it sounds good nomatter whats the name biggrin.gif

The backing works for me, and I got a question, is there a piezo bridge on your axe or this is a acoustic guitar?

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 13 2009, 06:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 13 2009, 06:08 PM) *
I got an idea, lets name our band!!

few ideas I know they are kinda silly:

MeanTaurus
Dream Tutors
Alien Fingers Big Band
the G10
GMC Security Council
Cold Laboration
GuitarPlayster United

what do you think? laugh.gif

Yeah man, there are somedays all of us lack some attention biggrin.gif Np, it sounds good nomatter whats the name biggrin.gif

The backing works for me, and I got a question, is there a piezo bridge on your axe or this is a acoustic guitar?

biggrin.gif I use my lovely JEM, switched to the bridge pick up (in the second part). The tone is created by POD Farm where the amp is a Line6 Piezacoustic.

That names are pretty cool. biggrin.gif I´d go for "Dream Tutors", "the G10" or "GMC Security Council". And here´s my proposition:
Kris and the fantastic 10
laugh.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 13 2009, 06:15 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 13 2009, 06:12 PM) *
That names are pretty cool. biggrin.gif I´d go for "Dream Tutors", "the G10" or "GMC Security Council". And here´s my proposition:
Kris and the fantastic 10
laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif ... the fantastic 10 will be soon reduced to the fantastic 5

Dream Tutors sounds cute i think smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 13 2009, 06:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 13 2009, 06:15 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif ... the fantastic 10 will be soon reduced to the fantastic 5

Dream Tutors sounds cute i think smile.gif

biggrin.gif I don´t want to loose half my body if you know what I mean... sad.gif laugh.gif

Oh, and I decided who gets my vote for band leader: wrk. smile.gif But I think, this won´t change much. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:30 AM