Can Someone Identify This ?
Staffy
Oct 30 2009, 10:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
In my quest for the holy grail, sorry, the quest to prove that no Fender is worth more than 1500$ and is actually some piece'o'junk, I have the past three days played some 15 Strats at different dealers and compared them to my Mexican one with Texas Specials. All I tested was in the prize-range 1500 - 7000. The conclusion of this was as expected: All of them except for two sounded the similar or worser then my Mexican. (one Relic Masterbuilt passed, and one Standard American Mark Knopler Signature, but not with THAT greater sound...)

So today at the local dealer I saw a Fender on the wall that actually was no Fender, and I asked the owner what he will charge since it's not a "real" Fender. I got it for 200$, but neither him or I can't tell what this crap is, even though it plays pretty good but sounds terrible due to wrong soldering of the microphones (probably).....

So I need help to find out what this piece'o'junk is..... Can some of the parts be identified? (see pictures)
I think myself that it is a kit someone built, since the screws for the trem are sticking up under the pick-guard, but for 200 bucks.... The body is nice in the laquer though... seems to be professional. What I actually gonna do with this is to put on some other hardware I have lying here around, and see if it can be used as a slide guitar or something. The neck is cool, a 60's C-shape with about the same radius as my Mexican strat.....
The pickups is some strange ones, the covers cant be removed, but there is a graphite nut on the neck.

Someone has any ideas of what it can be???

//Staffay

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:15 PM