Nature Show About Spiders
Robin
Sep 21 2007, 08:54 AM
GMC:er
Some years ago I saw a nature show about spiders and their hunting techniques. I saw it again yesterday on the TV. Its with David Attenborough, a british nature show. I dont know the name of it, I just REALLY want to get a DVD of it, if it excists, becuase this is some of the most amazing things I've ever seen, I just love it.

Anyone knows the name of this nature show/documentary/wootevah ?

Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Robin: Sep 21 2007, 09:00 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 21 2007, 05:58 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'd like to know too, I love nature documentaries about spiders, ants, termites etc. Try mailing BBC in the UK. Or even browsing their site.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 21 2007, 06:14 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 21 2007, 02:54 AM) *
Some years ago I saw a nature show about spiders and their hunting techniques. I saw it again yesterday on the TV. Its with David Attenborough, a british nature show. I dont know the name of it, I just REALLY want to get a DVD of it, if it excists, becuase this is some of the most amazing things I've ever seen, I just love it.

Anyone knows the name of this nature show/documentary/wootevah ?

Thanks.

spiders that pick my house have made a good choice, I do my best to let them live, or relocate them when necessary.

they really are not bad creatures, just live in a web, wait for dinner, otherwise leave everybody alone.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 21 2007, 06:22 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 21 2007, 01:14 PM) *
spiders that pick my house have made a good choice, I do my best to let them live, or relocate them when necessary.

they really are not bad creatures, just live in a web, wait for dinner, otherwise leave everybody alone.

Heh, I do the same, but my wife sometimes make me murder them sad.gif

Anyway, David Attenborough has made a huge number of different series over the years so it would be hard to pick out which specific one it was, as Micke said, try mailing the BBC.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 21 2007, 07:02 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 21 2007, 12:22 PM) *
Heh, I do the same, but my wife sometimes make me murder them sad.gif

Anyway, David Attenborough has made a huge number of different series over the years so it would be hard to pick out which specific one it was, as Micke said, try mailing the BBC.

in my experience, I have generally had a hard time convincing females to let insects live. good topic for the ladies section. however, I will let you go there and challenge the female sex on the lack of insectoid morality.

regarding the show, there is some stuff on youtube

such as this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hLvTKb6wLaw

you might find the complete series there. veoh sometimes does have long videos, they don't seem to have the size limit that youtube has.

edit: in fairness, I once sort of got into a standoff with one of my neighbors who was trying to stop a bug on my lot. and he was male. he kills opossum also. hard for me to understand that one, opossum don't hurt anybody. they come up on my porch and steal cat food. we have a bunch of skunks in the neighbor hood also. again, harmless, except if my dog finds a place to roll where a skunk sprayed. dog knows to stay away from them. he once chased on when he was a puppy, he learned.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Sep 21 2007, 07:06 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 21 2007, 07:27 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 21 2007, 02:02 PM) *
I will let you go there and challenge the female sex on the lack of insectoid morality.

No Way!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Sep 21 2007, 07:27 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 21 2007, 07:35 PM
Get to da Chopper!
As of last night i hate spiders. I got in late last night after a few drinks and collapsed into my bed- then after a few minutes i could have sworn i felt a spider run across my shoulder down my arm. I jumped up, blamed the drink, looked down at my sheet to find (what i consider) a whopper of a spider glaring at me (nothing harmful though i'm a UKer).
After doing a discuss style throw on the spider it ended up several meters out of my window.
Was the creepiest feeling having it run all over you though.

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 21 2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks guys, maybe I'll try to mail them. I did try to google a little, but I'll try to dig more smile.gif

QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 21 2007, 05:14 PM) *

Of course. Even though I'm highly arachnaphobic, I still like spiders.

QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 21 2007, 06:02 PM) *
regarding the show, there is some stuff on youtube

such as this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hLvTKb6wLaw

you might find the complete series there. veoh sometimes does have long videos, they don't seem to have the size limit that youtube has.

Excellent, thank you!! That link there is from the nature documentary I'm talkin about. I'll see if I can find the whole thing.

Btw, talkin about David Attenborough, Planet Earth is also an amazing nature documentary. Its seriously super duper awesome. Got it on DVD.

This post has been edited by Robin: Sep 21 2007, 08:46 PM

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 21 2007, 08:55 PM
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EBD9W6?tag=to...EHKD5BXWYE&

EXCELLENT!

+Quote Post
Hungus
Sep 21 2007, 09:14 PM
Hey Robin have you seen microcosmos before, its not about spiders specifically its just about the lives on different little critters but its still really cool!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 21 2007, 09:21 PM
QUOTE (Hungus @ Sep 21 2007, 08:14 PM) *
Hey Robin have you seen microcosmos before, its not about spiders specifically its just about the lives on different little critters but its still really cool!

Nope I havent, just heard about it tongue.gif Sounds interesting.

Edit: I think Life in the Undergrowth is about the same thing btw. Several episodes about different spiders and insects.

This post has been edited by Robin: Sep 21 2007, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Sep 21 2007, 09:25 PM
Instructor
Very interesting stuff!
I'd love to see the full thing.
I'd be interested if you found out the name of it. I like the music too by the way!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 21 2007, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Sep 21 2007, 08:25 PM) *
Very interesting stuff!
I'd love to see the full thing.
I'd be interested if you found out the name of it. I like the music too by the way!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EBD9W6?tag=to...EHKD5BXWYE&

There it is smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hungus
Sep 21 2007, 09:51 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 22 2007, 08:21 AM) *
Nope I havent, just heard about it tongue.gif Sounds interesting.

Edit: I think Life in the Undergrowth is about the same thing btw. Several episodes about different spiders and insects.

Yhea I watched those youtube clips that were posted and it does seem quite similar... maybe even by the same person but I dunno, it was quite a few years ago that I saw it. I saw it at a movie theater the 1st time too so that was really sweet!

I think if you liked Life In The Undergrowth you will most probably like Microcosmos too so you should deffinitly check it out eh

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 21 2007, 09:52 PM
QUOTE (Hungus @ Sep 21 2007, 08:51 PM) *
Yhea I watched those youtube clips that were posted and it does seem quite similar... maybe even by the same person but I dunno, it was quite a few years ago that I saw it. I saw it at a movie theater the 1st time too so that was really sweet!

I think if you liked Life In The Undergrowth you will most probably like Microcosmos too so you should deffinitly check it out eh

Sure, cool.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 22 2007, 12:27 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 21 2007, 11:14 AM) *

+1 fkalich. We do the same - all in all they are the best deterrent for midges, mosquitos and flys that we have in our house. Our kittens are pretty good with bigger bugs - especially seem to like cicadas for some reason - though I'd prefer them to leave the bigger bugs alone rolleyes.gif and have started to show an unhealthy interest in paper wasps. Guess they only have to catch one paper wasp to learn not to blink.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 22 2007, 05:26 AM
It's a long time since I've seen any documentaries about nature, but that spider thing looks really interesting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Sep 24 2007, 10:20 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 21 2007, 09:41 PM) *
Thanks guys, maybe I'll try to mail them. I did try to google a little, but I'll try to dig more smile.gif
Of course. Even though I'm highly arachnaphobic, I still like spiders.
Excellent, thank you!! That link there is from the nature documentary I'm talkin about. I'll see if I can find the whole thing.
Btw, talkin about David Attenborough, Planet Earth is also an amazing nature documentary. Its seriously super duper awesome. Got it on DVD.

What!? IS Plaet Earth available onDVD? I have tried to find it.
Yes I found it now it was released in April. Thanks Robin.
You can find great stuff here: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/ Planet Earth amongst others.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 24 2007, 10:29 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Sep 24 2007, 09:20 PM) *
You can find great stuff here: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/ Planet Earth amongst others.

Oh yeah, I didnt think about that site. Thanks.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Sep 25 2007, 03:32 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Sep 24 2007, 11:20 PM) *

If you have an Xbox with xbmc (you need one of the latest builds) there is a TVLinks script so you can browse that site from the xbox.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:24 PM