2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Blues Player Of Your Country
berko
Nov 29 2008, 04:52 PM
GMC:er

Hi there GMC:ers!

One of my favourite genres in music is BLUES - and basicially every style of music that has traces of blues in it. Now, we all here about SRV, B.B King, Hendrix etc etc. all the time due to their huge influence, however, I would be really interested in these wonderful blues musicians of different countries that are not in the spotlight all the time.

So everybody from all around the world, it would be really nice if you could give names (and some links on YT or myspace etc.) of great blues players in YOUR country. Either the name or the band(s) he/she plays in. Those from the U.S, instead of listing the King's or SRV, I would be more interested in other, not-that-famous musicians. It could be even one from your local pub who blows you away every weekend!! wink.gif It can be either acoustic or electric type of blues.

Starting with me, I would like to present you one of Hungary's greatest blues player: TIBOR TÁTRAI, or simply: Tibi.

Instead of listing the huge amount of projects he had done in the recent decade, I'll show 2 vids from YT that demonstrates his tasty playing and unbelievable phrasing. He also plays latin style acoustic stuff too! cool.gif

The solo of the song called "Little Wing" by the blues-rock band Magyar Atom (where Tátrai plays lead). Singing in it is Jamie Winchester (Irish origin) who is basically another awesome composer of this genre in Hungary and great guitarist.

And this one is the first part of his jamming with B.B King himself biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 29 2008, 05:24 PM
I dont know a bleus player but We do have one that' s really virtuoso, harry saxioni and jan akkerman:D And ofcourse EVH

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Nov 30 2008, 10:18 AM
Jan Akkerman... echt ik moet al kotsen van z'n naam tongue.gif Wat een Nederlandse boer

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 30 2008, 11:06 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jesse @ Nov 29 2008, 05:24 PM) *
I dont know a bleus player but We do have one that' s really virtuoso, harry saxioni and jan akkerman:D And ofcourse EVH

Yep, EVH is Dutch!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 30 2008, 05:38 PM
Instructor
SRV BB King and Hendrix are great blues musicians, but Hendrix is more in psychedelic rock, only he has strong roots in blues.

Other than these 3 very famous musicians, there is literally tons of great bluesman, starting from 1920s. For some real root blues, check out Skip James, Robert Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Bukka White, then some Chicago blues, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Buddy Guy (strong influence on Hendrix). And of course great 2 Texas kings - ALbert Kind and Freddy King. All these musicians played an important role in the music history, and they produced a ton of interesting material. SRV and Hendrix build apon their legacy.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Matt23
Nov 30 2008, 06:07 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Got no famous blues musicians I don't think but we have got Mark Knopfler.

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Nov 30 2008, 07:03 PM
dry.gif We don`t have anything in here...

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 30 2008, 07:23 PM
Instructor
We had some true blues/rock legends in ex. Yugoslavia.

1. Radomir Mihajlovic Tocak
2. Miodrag Bata Kostic

There are more but I think these two are the top two for this style. I think these guys can beat any Hendrix, Clapton or similar. They are both 70's style players and unfortunately not very active these days. They never made it in the rest of the world but their songs will never die in ex. Yugoslav countries.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
berko
Nov 30 2008, 07:30 PM
Thanx for these players, guys!

I realised that I wasn't that clear, because I'm more curious about contemporary blues guitar players in the different countries all over the world.

Surely, Ivan gave us good examples, and I do listen to them, although they're considered classical today biggrin.gif

Emir, thanks for these names!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Nov 30 2008, 07:41 PM
Wow, sounds impressive, can you give any link of their music, Emir?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2008, 07:56 PM
Instructor
There are many blues bands and guitar players here in Argentina but the most popular blues guitar player was Pappo.

Check him jamming with BB King: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2mFxhJ9HFs

He played blues and rock and roll since the 70's here and he left us because of a motorcycle accident in 2005.

Attached Image

"With the advent of popular blues bands in the 1980s, such as Memphis La Blusera, Pappo was recognized as the godfather of Argentine blues. As such, he enjoyed the appreciation of B. B. King who admitted cherishing many of Pappo's records, and with whom he played at the Madison Square Garden in 1993 and 1994. BB King said in one occasíon that he had travelled by 67 countries and Pappo was the only great blues player he found, and also that he was one of the best guitar players, not onluy in Argentina but in the whole world." from wikipedia.

You can also check "Botafogo" & "Memphis La blusera".

Gabriel.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 30 2008, 08:10 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
One-man-band Bjørn Berge smile.gif

Not his most bluesy vid, but check it out.
He's an amazing guitarplayer smile.gif

He plays alot of blues!

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Nov 30 2008, 08:12 PM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 30 2008, 08:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Nov 30 2008, 06:41 PM) *
Wow, sounds impressive, can you give any link of their music, Emir?

sure mate

This is the most famous rock instrumental in ex. Yugoslavia

This blues is awesome. Very long cool solo

Watch the technique here, only thumb and the 1st finger, no pick

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
berko
Nov 30 2008, 08:21 PM
Can't get enough of this stuff, thanks guys biggrin.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 2 2008, 03:13 PM
Learning Roadie
I think most of the american ones are fairly well known so I'll go for one that maybe isn't: Jimmy reed. At least, not so well known to most people today, but a great one smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 2 2008, 03:24 PM
Oh I know! Jimmie Vaughan- oh wait he sucks!
Um, from USA I would say Walter Trout, Sonny Landreth, Warren Haynes, Derrek Trucks.

Walter Trout:

Sonny Landreth:

+Quote Post
berko
Dec 2 2008, 03:29 PM
Walter Trout is an awesome player, i've discovered him recently along with Johnny Hiland (with Johnny's new album Loud and Proud... and his custom PRS tongue.gif )

Thanks for the vids.

Btw: I don't think Jimmie Vaughan sucks, he was simply living in SRV's shadow through his entire life. dry.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 2 2008, 03:34 PM
btw, in holland we got a kid called " Jesse Smit" He' s not really famous but he' s a pretty good blues player.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 2 2008, 04:06 PM
Nah, I think Jimmie was the guitarist first, he was in the Fabulous thunderbirds or something like that. Stevie was in his brothers shadow really but blew him out of the water eventually!

Oh I forgot Kenny Wayne Shepherd:

He rips!

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Dec 2 2008, 04:08 PM

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Dec 2 2008, 05:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Nov 30 2008, 10:18 AM) *
Jan Akkerman... echt ik moet al kotsen van z'n naam tongue.gif Wat een Nederlandse boer

I wish I could play like this Dutch farmer though tongue.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:18 PM