> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Jessi's Guitar Noob Corner
jessi
Jul 27 2012, 09:22 PM
GMC:er
I'm just on it right now! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2012, 07:35 AM
Instructor
Shall I check the thread later on for a recording? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jessi
Jul 28 2012, 08:16 AM
Good Morning mister cosmin smile.gif
That would be nice. I have to go to work at 12 gmt. If I don't post it until then, I'll do it tonight.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2012, 08:38 AM
Instructor
Alrightie smile.gif

+Quote Post
jessi
Jul 28 2012, 10:07 PM
Hey Cosmin.
I'm angry. It doesn't work. This upsets me! sad.gif But I show it to you anyway.
I continue practicing tomorrow dry.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2012, 02:12 PM
Instructor
Hey Jessi smile.gif I got only 2 words - patience and practice smile.gif Slow, yes? Try to match the right hand with the left hand and in doing so, shift the chords in one move, not 2 tongue.gif

We will start counting a little later, ok? Counting helps A LOT!

Let me know how it goes today, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
jessi
Jul 29 2012, 02:42 PM
I thought I should try to follow the rhythm with my right hand, too?! unsure.gif
The problem with the chord shifting is that my fingers aren't able to move where they have to go at the same time, at this moment. sad.gif
Now, should I practise only the shifting between these four chords and nothing else? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2012, 03:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jessi @ Jul 29 2012, 01:42 PM) *
I thought I should try to follow the rhythm with my right hand, too?! unsure.gif
The problem with the chord shifting is that my fingers aren't able to move where they have to go at the same time, at this moment. sad.gif
Now, should I practise only the shifting between these four chords and nothing else? mellow.gif

You jumped to the full speed backing track smile.gif Try to make a recording using the slowest backing available and make a movie like that. Focus on shifting the chords with all fingers at once and synchronizing the right hand, at the slowest tempo smile.gif

Look at the exercises in that thread above - the one for the right hand biggrin.gif with the counting wink.gif It will help biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jessi
Jul 29 2012, 08:40 PM
I'm going nuts! wacko.gif because my fingers always don't follow what my brain tells them. When fretting the G or shifting from C to G I loose control over my fingers. dry.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2012, 09:17 PM
Instructor
Jessi smile.gif Be patient, ok? I will only cite the great Miyamoto Musashi and let you draw the conclusions:

” It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.” smile.gif

Back to practice now wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
jessi
Jul 31 2012, 09:03 PM
Now I lost my patience completely sad.gif . And I can't stand these chords anymore. rolleyes.gif
What do you think if I'm trying something different from this lesson?
Just for the fun factor? What about an "easy" song like "Something In The Way" by Nirvana. Just a simple Rhythm and two chords: Em and C... ?

Jessi

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 1 2012, 11:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jessi @ Jul 31 2012, 08:03 PM) *
Now I lost my patience completely sad.gif . And I can't stand these chords anymore. rolleyes.gif
What do you think if I'm trying something different from this lesson?
Just for the fun factor? What about an "easy" song like "Something In The Way" by Nirvana. Just a simple Rhythm and two chords: Em and C... ?

Jessi

Hey Jessi smile.gif It's indeed good to alternate things - why not go for the next Bear Rose lesson and in the mean time, start taking a look over Nirvana's tune if you'd like and let's talk over it smile.gif

But keep in mind that you will have to come back on the first lesson till it's under your control and I'll make sure it is biggrin.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
jessi
Aug 4 2012, 09:01 PM
Hey Cosmin, cool.gif

Today I practiced fretting the Em and C chord with a simple strumming pattern at first.
I did this because I have problems with the smooth fretting of these two chords. It just sounded choppy. dry.gif At lunch time it was better than this morning.
And this is the recording from lunch time.

What do you think? It's awesome, isn't it?? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 5 2012, 02:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Jessi smile.gif I think it's very good and I also like the tone of your guitar - it is very well captured by the cam in this take wink.gif

Have you managed to look over 'Something in the way'?

Oh, let's not forget - can you make a video with the D and G in the same manner as this one? biggrin.gif Same conditions of shooting and same state of mind? wink.gif It was good so, I want to see it applied over the G as well!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
jessi
Aug 5 2012, 04:41 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 5 2012, 01:16 PM) *
Hi Jessi smile.gif I think it's very good and I also like the tone of your guitar - it is very well captured by the cam in this take wink.gif

Have you managed to look over 'Something in the way'?

Oh, let's not forget - can you make a video with the D and G in the same manner as this one? biggrin.gif Same conditions of shooting and same state of mind? wink.gif It was good so, I want to see it applied over the G as well!

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin smile.gif
I thought I can play it with these two chords. And it should be the beginning of playing the song anytime. next I will practice the strumming pattern. I would play another song but I think this could be an easy song. Have you got a better one? It makes more fun as just playing the chords. It's so blunt biggrin.gif And so i've got a goal. smile.gif

greetings, Jessi

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 6 2012, 10:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jessi @ Aug 5 2012, 03:41 PM) *
Hey Cosmin smile.gif
I thought I can play it with these two chords. And it should be the beginning of playing the song anytime. next I will practice the strumming pattern. I would play another song but I think this could be an easy song. Have you got a better one? It makes more fun as just playing the chords. It's so blunt biggrin.gif And so i've got a goal. smile.gif

greetings, Jessi

I totally agree on having a goal, so Nirvana songs are usually very nice and doable wink.gif

I would go with 'Jesus doesn't want me for a sunbeam' - it has three chords E D A smile.gif

You already know D major and A major can be played like this: x02220 while E major can be played like this: 022100 Can you read these chord diagrams? Or are you more acquainted with these?

A major E major
---0-- ---0---
---2-- ---0---
---2-- ---2---
---2-- ---2---
---0-- ---1---
---x-- ---0---

Cosmin

+Quote Post
jessi
Aug 8 2012, 08:11 PM
I understand nothing huh.gif

I look at charts in a book for the corresponding chords (you know - women think in pictures wink.gif )

Just started with it - now the D is the new enemy. The G-relationship is getting better.
What strumming pattern do you want me to practice with these chords?

Cheers

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 9 2012, 09:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jessi @ Aug 8 2012, 07:11 PM) *
I understand nothing huh.gif

I look at charts in a book for the corresponding chords (you know - women think in pictures wink.gif )

Just started with it - now the D is the new enemy. The G-relationship is getting better.
What strumming pattern do you want me to practice with these chords?

Cheers

Hey Jessi smile.gif Well, first things first, let me explain the diagrams I have sent in the previous post:

1) There are 6 rows arranged from top to bottom - right?
2) The one at the bottom is the thickest string on your guitar and the one at the top is the thinnest.
3) The number correspond to the spaces on each string
4) 0 means an open string while X means a muted string - you don't want to play it when you see it in the diagram wink.gif

5) Example: A major

e ---0-- <- thinnest string
B ---2-- <- second space
G ---2-- <- second space
D ---2-- <- second space
A ---0-- <- open string
E ---x-- <- thickest string

For the strumming pattern - listen to the song - the pattern for each chord would be down up/ down up/ down/up - this is a simplified description. Anyway, I will explain this pattern this evening in the videochat and the way to practice it wink.gif

Let me know if anything is still unclear, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
jessi
Aug 11 2012, 08:33 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 9 2012, 08:05 AM) *
Hey Jessi smile.gif Well, first things first, let me explain the diagrams I have sent in the previous post:

1) There are 6 rows arranged from top to bottom - right?
2) The one at the bottom is the thickest string on your guitar and the one at the top is the thinnest.
3) The number correspond to the spaces on each string
4) 0 means an open string while X means a muted string - you don't want to play it when you see it in the diagram wink.gif

5) Example: A major

e ---0-- <- thinnest string
B ---2-- <- second space
G ---2-- <- second space
D ---2-- <- second space
A ---0-- <- open string
E ---x-- <- thickest string

For the strumming pattern - listen to the song - the pattern for each chord would be down up/ down up/ down/up - this is a simplified description. Anyway, I will explain this pattern this evening in the videochat and the way to practice it wink.gif

Let me know if anything is still unclear, ok?

Cosmin

Ok. smile.gif I understand it. that's just easy.I'm going to practice this.
Thanks biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 11 2012, 12:50 PM
Instructor
Alright! I' m on the road with my band as I am writing this and I will get back tomorrow to check on you, if you have a new video to send : )

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:51 PM