2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Favorite Lesson? Your Review On Main Page!, Pick an old lesson, comment it, get it published on the main page
Pavel
Jul 18 2007, 11:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Jul 18 2007, 11:56 PM) *
I'm sure it'll be back soon enough.That beginner structure thing cant stay forever right? biggrin.gif

The beginner structure will be there always as we have new guitarists coming every day. Lot's of them are beginners so it will be there for sure! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 27 2007, 12:16 PM
GMC Founder
We might occasionally not show the "archive" section depending on what new content we have. Also, we might move things around a little on the main page - hopefully not to much though!

Thanks a lot for your reviews - and please keep them coming! They add great quality to the main page! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 28 2007, 09:40 PM
GMC:er
My favorite Lesson: Rock, Rythym, and Solo 6

Lesson Link: http://guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/r...solo6/index.htm

My review: "This was the first lesson I learned. It has a cool feel to it and it helped me expand out of the first pentatonic box which gave me ideas. It helped me out a lot beause i mostly use the Pentatonic Scales. I still practice it today!"

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Jul 28 2007, 09:54 PM
PAVELS Luca Turilli Lesson ... ITs the best!

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 31 2007, 10:25 PM
My favorite lesson: In the Style of Kirk Hammett

Link: http://guitarmasterclass.net/membersonly/Kirk_hammett1.htm

My review: I think this is a very overlooked and under rated lesson at GMC. This was the first lesson I ever looked at and in less than an hour I had sat down and learned lots of Kirk Hammett's solo tricks. Because this lesson uses Pentatonic scales (which is the scale most of us first learn), it's a great way to kick off your great career here at GMC. It goes to prove the point that you don't have to spend hours practicing scale fragments, tapping, sweeping, and other techniques before you can seriously ROCK! You can rock your way up all the levels of difficulty and skill while learning awesome stuff like this at the very beginning.

It builds the confidence that many of us new guitar players need in our early times playing and motivates us to learn something harder next time while being able to fall back on our new bag of tricks. It gives you an authentic, "Wow, I really can do this!" feeling.

This post has been edited by AIB234: Jul 31 2007, 10:26 PM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 31 2007, 10:48 PM
Lets go fishing!
Nice reveiw man. I looked at that lesson the other day and decided it would be a great addition to my pentatonic skills!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 31 2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks mang.

PS. Check your improv in G thread and read my comments. I am dying to know those patterns.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 31 2007, 11:23 PM
Lets go fishing!
Thanks i have replied to your post. I really like kris's approach to guitar playing because its easy to follow and deadly effective with a little practice!!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Otto
Aug 1 2007, 02:36 PM
http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-gui...etude/index.htm

Why? well... hard to explain, its the reason why I joined GMC! Old school stuff pure and clean and a good instructor! LOVE IT! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Aug 9 2007, 01:43 PM
Get to da Chopper!
My favorite Lesson: Phrygian to Ionian Modulation

Lesson Link: http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-gui...ation/index.htm

My review: "I love how melodic this lesson is, its just so soothing. It's helped my melodic phrasing out tenfold. I also think it's great that he's helped those of us with next-to-no ear training by showing us that modal modulation. Thanks Wallimann!

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 9 2007, 02:45 PM
Doesnt look like there doing the review on main page still.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 26 2007, 04:26 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Lesson: Clean/ Acoustic Lesson

Link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...sson1/index.htm

Review: Pavel just does a fantastic job on creating a simple, yet challenging, and beautiful song with some of the best melodies to be found on GMC. One of the first lessons i learned, Its still one of my favorites.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Aug 26 2007, 04:27 AM

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Aug 26 2007, 05:17 AM
Kris looks soooo funny on the main page. Its his action hero pose

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 26 2007, 09:08 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
first time i came here and saw that 'ARE YOU READY?' video solo, i was like....Uh, Nope, dont think im ready.....

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 5 2007, 09:17 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 26 2007, 12:08 PM) *
first time i came here and saw that 'ARE YOU READY?' video solo, i was like....Uh, Nope, dont think im ready.....

lol you and everyone else, except Pavel he was more like " Piece of cake " tongue.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 5 2007, 04:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Sep 5 2007, 10:17 AM) *
lol you and everyone else, except Pavel he was more like " Piece of cake " tongue.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 16 2007, 09:38 PM
GMC Founder
Ok we will unpin this topic for a while - as we now have the random lessons displaying.

If we should find a suitable spot for "archive lessons" we can always reinstall it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:24 PM