2 Pages V  < 1 2  
The Fake Name At The Bar Thread, Share your best ones
DeepRoots
Mar 5 2008, 11:41 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Mar 5 2008, 10:29 AM) *
I usually tell people my name is bob, and that its short for "kate" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

(for those of you who dont watch Blackadder, see here ) wink.gif

Just finished season 4 wink.gif

Is it just me or is season 1 aweful? I really couldn't stand watching that blackadder character!

2-4 were awesome though rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 5 2008, 11:47 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Mar 5 2008, 10:41 AM) *

Is it just me or is season 1 aweful? I really couldn't stand watching that blackadder character!

I agree, i saw some of season 1 at christmas and i couldnt belive how crappy it was unsure.gif

Every episode of seasons 2 through 4 is super awsome though biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Mar 5 2008, 11:47 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 5 2008, 11:47 AM
GMC:er
I love all Blackadder. Series 1-4 and the Specials.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 5 2008, 12:00 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Mar 5 2008, 10:41 AM) *

I know what you mean, but the character certainly develops in the later series.

Cant use any different names, my wife would see straight though it laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 5 2008, 12:10 PM
GMC:er
One of my rugby buddies has stolen a bunch of another one of our buddies business cards and will go chat up less than desirable folks and pass them out telling them to call him. It's pretty hilarious.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 5 2008, 12:11 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Goliath @ Mar 5 2008, 11:10 AM) *
One of my rugby buddies has stolen a bunch of another one of our buddies business cards and will go chat up less than desirable folks and pass them out telling them to call him. It's pretty hilarious.

LMAO

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 5 2008, 12:28 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Smells @ Mar 5 2008, 11:00 AM) *
Cant use any different names, my wife would see straight though it laugh.gif

Is your wife Billie Piper by any chance Chris? unsure.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 5 2008, 01:00 PM
Instructor
Bono laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 5 2008, 01:04 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 5 2008, 12:00 PM) *
Bono laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 5 2008, 01:09 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Goliath @ Mar 4 2008, 06:30 PM) *
Haha

After a rugby game one night, after the social (was a noon kick off the social was done at 6 or so) we were at dinner at a little sidewalk cafe called Ribs and Blues and we were pretending we were french. My buddy is Argentian but often gets mistaken for being European as he does fit what many Americans think a European looks like. So we pretended we were French. Neither of us speak hardly any french, but we understood it enough to make it at least sound like we did, plus the place we were at, I doubt anyone could have called our bluff. So we staged a gibberish argument going in and out of French until we both stood up and would blurt something half in english, half in fake french then would slap the other across the face as if we'd just been insulted. And we would take turns going back and forth doing the same thing, causing quite a scene. We'd been flirting with our waitress earlier so she knew we were just screwing around and let us do it. So after about 15 minutes of this and we both had sore cheeks/palms we shook hands, exchanged fake french pardons and paid our tab and left. Absolutely no reason to do what we did other than it was amusing to us and we were getting ready to go to the bar afterwards. When asked by a group of girls what we were so passionately arguing about (bear in mind, we're both still pretty much wearing our kit, short shorts and T shirts and our ugly gold/black bumblee striped socks) he threw out that I said poetry was the most noble and expressive form of art while he contested that painting was indeed the paragon of human creativity. I couldn't take it any more and started laughing as we made a hasty retreat.

Silly stuff like that is why you use fake names, and that was where Dart DuMonde was born.

Bahahaha thats hilarious. Especially the part about telling them the argument was over poetry and painting. Too funny.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 5 2008, 01:47 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (JVM @ Mar 5 2008, 01:09 PM) *
Bahahaha thats hilarious. Especially the part about telling them the argument was over poetry and painting. Too funny.

laugh.gif all that b-slapping over an art argument... by guys in rugby/football uniforms laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:04 AM