2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Our Forum Friend - Monica Competition Entry, Probably too shy to post it on her own :)))
Darius Wave
Aug 26 2013, 12:50 PM
Instructor
Monica just posted her take for the competition. She chose a very good way of keeping phrasing / melody as a absolute priority smile.gif She's getting better and better smile.gif We're working together on her playing skills - mostly on adding colors and dynamics smile.gif She's doing great and making really nice progress smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 26 2013, 03:17 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Aug 26 2013, 01:50 PM) *
Monica just posted her take for the competition. She chose a very good way of keeping phrasing / melody as a absolute priority smile.gif She's getting better and better smile.gif We're working together on her playing skills - mostly on adding colors and dynamics smile.gif She's doing great and making really nice progress smile.gif

Great music Monica..very relaxing and confident playing. smile.gif

Why is the competition called 60 seconds? Your take is 53 secs I noticed. huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 26 2013, 03:25 PM
Instructor
Probably 60 seconds was the limit but if somebody had an idea for a kick-ass 10 seconds solo then it still goes ok with the competition terms ha ha smile.gif))

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Aug 26 2013, 03:30 PM
Instructor
What a beautiful phrasing and tone! Congratulations to Monica and you Darius! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 26 2013, 04:09 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Aug 26 2013, 11:50 AM) *

Right now I saw your post and for a minute I forgot all the words in English biggrin.gif Was something unexpectedly and yes Darek, You have right I was too shy to post it by myself laugh.gif To be completely honest, in my soul I know very well how long it’s the way until I will be proud to my solos.

I really thank you for your big support, for your kind words and for all your time spend to working of my playing issues. The fact that we have a similar sense of melodic is a huge advantage for me. You understand exactly what I want to tell in my improvisations.

I will try to do my best with my undying determination smile.gif

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Aug 26 2013, 02:17 PM) *
Great music Monica..very relaxing and confident playing. smile.gif

Why is the competition called 60 seconds? Your take is 53 secs I noticed. huh.gif

Thank you very much and I'm really glad you like it.

I don't know why competition is called 60 seconds huh.gif The initial track had 60 seconds but there was 5 seconds pause until start and 5 seconds pause at the end. So I cut pauses wink.gif

QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Aug 26 2013, 02:30 PM) *
What a beautiful phrasing and tone! Congratulations to Monica and you Darius! smile.gif

Thank you and I really appreciate your comment because I admire your playing style.

Darek is a great mentor for me and all our lately work has good results smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 26 2013, 04:42 PM
Instructor
Hey Monica! Finally your take is uploaded! I think that you could improve the previous version that you sent me, good job!!
Congratulations on your take and all the best friend. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 26 2013, 05:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 26 2013, 03:42 PM) *
Hey Monica! Finally your take is uploaded! I think that you could improve the previous version that you sent me, good job!!
Congratulations on your take and all the best friend. smile.gif

When you asked me about news and told me that you'd like to hear my take for Wallimann contest was a pretty bad version. I'm glad you think that there are improvements in the final version smile.gif I know your opinion and I really appreciate your honesty.
Darek try to make improvements in my style of playing, but unfortunately can't make miracles in a very short time biggrin.gif
Thank you Gab for your thoughts smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Aug 26 2013, 05:47 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 27 2013, 02:27 AM
Instructor
Ha ha! biggrin.gif Miracle You say...Miracles happen but usually it's all just about some hard work smile.gif And You're on the good path with it smile.gif Keep it the way You do and it's gonna be fine smile.gif

If You even think that people are always fully satisfied with their solos than You absolutely wrong biggrin.gif It happens sometimes but usually we feel we could do something better smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 27 2013, 02:55 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Good job on the take Monica! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Aug 27 2013, 03:52 AM
GMC:er
What a great solo, I think it is perfect, your tone is very creamy and the phrasing is ethereal. Two thumbs up. smile.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 27 2013, 06:55 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Aug 27 2013, 01:27 AM) *
Ha ha! biggrin.gif Miracle You say...Miracles happen but usually it's all just about some hard work smile.gif And You're on the good path with it smile.gif Keep it the way You do and it's gonna be fine smile.gif

If You even think that people are always fully satisfied with their solos than You absolutely wrong biggrin.gif It happens sometimes but usually we feel we could do something better smile.gif

The part with hard work, actually in my opinion is the easy part for me because this thing depend only on me.
The miracle that I would like to happen for me, would be like in 24 hours to be able to play many technical things laugh.gif

I always thought that a lot of guys are very satisfied about they solo smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Aug 27 2013, 01:55 AM) *
Good job on the take Monica! cool.gif

Thank you very much. By the way, you made a great job with the last lesson of Darek "Metalcore Chops #2". You moved very fast and in couple of days you done it. I was impressed wink.gif

QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Aug 27 2013, 02:52 AM) *
What a great solo, I think it is perfect, your tone is very creamy and the phrasing is ethereal. Two thumbs up. smile.gif

Wow....you used big words and I'm not usual with that. I really thank you from my heart for your kind words smile.gif It's a joy for me to know that people like my composition style and this thing motivate me to work much harder and prove that I can do better wink.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Aug 27 2013, 06:52 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 27 2013, 08:19 AM
Instructor
Congrats Monica! You know my opinion tongue.gif I think you have a great melody there , good control and a nice selection of notes. Don't ever beat yourself down, because you have no reason to!

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Aug 27 2013, 08:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds great Monica, very melodic.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 27 2013, 12:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 27 2013, 07:19 AM) *
Congrats Monica! You know my opinion tongue.gif I think you have a great melody there , good control and a nice selection of notes. Don't ever beat yourself down, because you have no reason to!

Thank you a lot Cosmin for your appreciation. Yes, I know your opinion tongue.gif Always I will keep in mind all of your advices.
But the good part.......if I will make a wrong step or I will beat myself down, you will be there to wake me up to reality laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hajduk @ Aug 27 2013, 07:24 AM) *
Sounds great Monica, very melodic.

I really thank you and I'm happy you like it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 27 2013, 12:33 PM
Instructor
Sounds brilliant.. beautiful tone and great note choice ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Aug 27 2013, 12:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Really digging the emotion behind that solo! smile.gif Really nice use of dynamics! Great job

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 27 2013, 01:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
very nice sounding solo, really liked the melody smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 27 2013, 01:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 27 2013, 11:33 AM) *
Sounds brilliant.. beautiful tone and great note choice ! smile.gif

Thank you so much, Ben for your kind words. You are very kind smile.gif

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Aug 27 2013, 11:40 AM) *
Really digging the emotion behind that solo! smile.gif Really nice use of dynamics! Great job

Thank you, Taka. I just tried to feel the music not to be careful where I put the fingers, as I usually do smile.gif For that nice dynamics, Darek has all the merit wink.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 27 2013, 12:02 PM) *
very nice sounding solo, really liked the melody smile.gif

Thank you, Bleez. I’m really glad that you liked the melody smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 27 2013, 01:58 PM
Instructor
It's always twice as nice to work with a person who has a similar musical taste wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 27 2013, 05:45 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I simply love this solo, Monica! Great melody and feeling, awesome!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:31 AM