Tflava - Alternate Picking Workshop
Darius Wave
Dec 17 2013, 03:28 PM
Instructor
Ok then. Let's start our Alternate picking workout with the lesson You worked on. Please post very short vid so we can focus on details. It will take some time but it's the only way to work things out. Record very first 8 bars of the lesson and post the vid here. Try to stand exactly in front of the camera and rotate a bit so the guitar will be perfectly paralell to the cam view line. This will help to see both hand clear. You can sit while playing if You feel more comfortable.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 17 2013, 04:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 17 2013, 03:28 PM) *
Ok then. Let's start our Alternate picking workout with the lesson You worked on. Please post very short vid so we can focus on details. It will take some time but it's the only way to work things out. Record very first 8 bars of the lesson and post the vid here. Try to stand exactly in front of the camera and rotate a bit so the guitar will be perfectly paralell to the cam view line. This will help to see both hand clear. You can sit while playing if You feel more comfortable.

Ok thank you i think friaday i will post the first because i got a busy week.

Thank you al;ready

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 17 2013, 08:05 PM
Instructor
Waiting for it then smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 24 2013, 11:50 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
[attachment=35034:alternat...g_part_1.wmv]

Here is the first part.

thanks in advance

grtzz tim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqTwJruK0aE...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 24 2013, 03:45 PM
Instructor
Great! Now get ready for some details end don't expect we're gonna do this within a week or two. We'll need some time. Let's catch the differences. When I play most of the time my first finger is flat (it mutes all the strings below the one I play). Your first finger (left hand of course) is rounded like playing on the classical guitar. Unfortunately there is a lot of muting to be done on electric guitar and some things like hands positions changes due to playing on distortion. Take a look at my left hand first finger movement (flat position, only up and down) and compare to Yours. Try to catch the difference. It a rule that works for alll my playing. 1st finger is always a noise supressor. Sometimes when it's not possible to use it (for example when You play on E6 - E E G# E B E G# E You have to keep your right hand side on the all other strings.

Try to focus on this and post another vid of that part. If something is not clear...just ask smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 24 2013, 07:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 24 2013, 03:45 PM) *
Great! Now get ready for some details end don't expect we're gonna do this within a week or two. We'll need some time. Let's catch the differences. When I play most of the time my first finger is flat (it mutes all the strings below the one I play). Your first finger (left hand of course) is rounded like playing on the classical guitar. Unfortunately there is a lot of muting to be done on electric guitar and some things like hands positions changes due to playing on distortion. Take a look at my left hand first finger movement (flat position, only up and down) and compare to Yours. Try to catch the difference. It a rule that works for alll my playing. 1st finger is always a noise supressor. Sometimes when it's not possible to use it (for example when You play on E6 - E E G# E B E G# E You have to keep your right hand side on the all other strings.

Try to focus on this and post another vid of that part. If something is not clear...just ask smile.gif

Ok thank you the next week i will focus on this part

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 25 2013, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Great then smile.gif Remember to stay 100% focused while watching the details smile.gif Waiting for Your take smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 30 2014, 01:17 PM
Instructor
How is Your progress Tim ?smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 30 2014, 01:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Darius,

I'm sorry but i don't practice it that much.

I try to practice the technique to mute the strings also by other exercises.

But i have a personal plan from Cosmin and i' said i also did this but he said i first have to focus on the other lessons.

But i tru to use the technique of mujting all strings down to the index for the unwanted sounds.

I'm sorry.

I will work on it soon i think.

grtzzz

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 30 2014, 04:35 PM
Instructor
Ok. To much at the same time is not good at all so I understand. I'll keep the thread open and we'll go back to it

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:27 PM