Video Rec With Pod Hd 500
carminemarotta
Mar 26 2012, 11:42 AM
GMC:er
Good morning to all,
I need to video record for the REC program. I am using POD HD500 (can't use just amp and mic). I can add an mp3player, cd and so on in the AUX plug and the video software capture SHOULD be able to record both guitar and backing track sounds, once I did. However the sound of the backing track goes through the amplifier therefore it sounds with the effects used, (and if you use delay is really a bad sound for a backing track). I saw Ivan lesson on recording, but it is too complicated for me to match the audio with the video and do not have enough time to learn how to do (should choose between playing or mix the video, you know what I will choose).
Does anyone has a solution?

Thanks
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 26 2012, 06:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
I'm by no means a "recording genius" (actually pretty new at it), but I feel like if I were in the room I could figure it out. I don't think I yet have a solution, but let's get started in that direction. First, let's use this so everyone can see what you're working with...

If you could describe a bit more, in detail, what plugs you're using in/out. Someone will figure this out for you soon.

QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Mar 26 2012, 03:42 AM) *
Good morning to all,
I need to video record for the REC program. I am using POD HD500 (can't use just amp and mic). I can add an mp3player, cd and so on in the AUX plug and the video software capture SHOULD be able to record both guitar and backing track sounds, once I did. However the sound of the backing track goes through the amplifier therefore it sounds with the effects used, (and if you use delay is really a bad sound for a backing track). I saw Ivan lesson on recording, but it is too complicated for me to match the audio with the video and do not have enough time to learn how to do (should choose between playing or mix the video, you know what I will choose).
Does anyone has a solution?

Thanks
Carmine

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Mar 26 2012, 07:24 PM
I don't have any experience with the HD500, but I've gone through a number of searches and skimmed the manuals only to say that you're better off learning what Ivan was talking about - it won't take long to learn:

*Open up your DAW (Reaper, for example), and open a new track. Drag and drop the backing track onto this track.

*Open another track in Reaper, this will be your recorded guitar.

*Hit record in Reaper (start recording on your camera and strike the open strings to create a 'sync point'). and the countdown will begin, followed by the backing track playing: play your notes. Once you're happy with your take, stop filming on the camera and render the audio in Reaper.

*Using a video editing program such as Sony Vegas, open the video from the camera and delete the audio track. Open the guitar track you just made next to this video track. Now you have to line-up the frame where you hit the open strings at the beginning along with the open string noise on the audio track (the 'sync point'), your audio and video is now aligned. Export the file in a format that is compatible with YouTube.

I've omitted small details, but that's the general process.

If somebody can answer your actual question, great. If not, you'll have to do the above if you want a decent quality recording.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 26 2012, 07:52 PM
Instructor
I record my lessons exactly in the way that Dark Dude described. Do you think that you could try it in this way?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Mar 26 2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks,
will try

Carmine

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:28 PM