> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 1 2012, 01:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Sep 30 2012, 07:46 PM) *
so got a vid coming up soon, im going to play major arpeggios, major 7th arpeggios, and minor arpeggios?

If you feel like combining them in that way, go ahead smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Oct 1 2012, 10:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
You wrote: " but I only see and hear major arpeggio shapes, no m7 or M7"

M7 is the major 7th but what is "small m" 7?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 2 2012, 08:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Oct 1 2012, 09:35 PM) *
You wrote: " but I only see and hear major arpeggio shapes, no m7 or M7"

M7 is the major 7th but what is "small m" 7?

Hey man - m7 is minor seven smile.gif Formula: 1 b3 5 b7

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Oct 9 2012, 12:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Im going to get an arpeggio vid up soon, but just a question
How do you pratice scales or modes?

There are several ways, either u can think of them as you usually do with pentatonics, in position, start on the root note on 6th string and u got this position etc.

Or you can learn in boxes and ignore the root.
And several other ways..

how do you do it?

We can say that, I dont really think, "Here I must play a C lydian scale". I think more, here I will play a scale with a F# in it, and have the root as C. An then do some cool lydian licks I konw tongue.gif

Well I dont know really if this is the best approach, what do you say?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 10 2012, 04:40 PM
Instructor
Neither way smile.gif I just have the sound of the modes in my mind and use certain notes against certain chords or certain notes in a particular context. This is the natural way to use modes smile.gif

We can develop this idea a lot, since I love it biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Oct 10 2012, 10:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sure Cosmin, but that I think is something that will have to come over time wink.gif but we can of course work on it too.
Also, im at a very hard alternate picking sequence in Theres hope.. can you help me map it? I managed to find a video of marco playing it, but the camera zooms in on his guitar face while he plays it lol biggrin.gif

By "map it" I mean finding the best way to play it.

I will find all the notes in there and show you with vid and tab.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 11 2012, 07:26 AM
Instructor
Erik, it comes over time for certain, but you need to pay attention to it and all that it comes down to in the end regarding modes would be these things in this order:

1) Learning the theory
2) Training your ears
3) Applying the knowledge

About the AP part, send the materials and we'll discuss over them wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Oct 24 2012, 05:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
I almost got everyting in there now, will do a vid and some arpeggios too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2012, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Alright! Let me know when it's ready biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 2 2012, 12:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
Okay tommoroww i will finish it, too many excuses, to lazy I have been sad.gif
But I got to finish the song before this comes!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Dxmc_tCEM...eature=youtu.be

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 2 2012, 12:07 PM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif Dude! ReMarcoble is coming out!! How cool is that?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 2 2012, 01:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 2 2012, 12:07 PM) *
Wow biggrin.gif Dude! ReMarcoble is coming out!! How cool is that?

Early christmas xD
But tommorrow I am getting a grip of myself, well this is maybe the fifth time we do this, but can we structure my pratice schedule once more?
Cause I end up doing nothing again sad.gif

Well I play guitar a lot, but I do nothing but improvising to backing tracks and playing different modes, which is good but I need to do more stuff than that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 2 2012, 01:26 PM
Instructor
Mate smile.gif You keep straying that's your problem. Do I have your word that you will keep constant focus and we can have discussions on your tasks each week, with recorded vids and everything? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 2 2012, 03:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes Cosmin, now I got the time, and my shoulder injury is gone.
I have uploaded the lick, I think I got some notes wrong in the end, but it sounds good to my ears, so I think I can go with that. Well this needs to be mapped better if its to be played fast, well I can map it better of course, but Im not so used to harmonic minor soloing, so I leave it to you wink.gif Well as u can see I have chosen a stupid horizontal apporoach to it

TAB:

---------------------10-------------------------------10--12--14--12h14p12-s10---------12----10-------------------------------
---11---12--14---------14--12---11---12---14--------------------------------------14----------------14--12---15--14--12-11
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--12--11---8---7----8--7--5---8--5---7---5---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------7--11--7--9--7----6--9--6--7--6----7-6-4-3-----------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------9-8-5-4--5-4-2-1-------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------7-6-3-2

Attached File(s)
Attached File  thereshopelick1.mp3 ( 457.14K ) Number of downloads: 76

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 3 2012, 08:23 AM
Instructor
Hey Erik! At a first glance, there's nothing wrong with your approach. The harmonic minor mode involves some stretches here and there - for me, it's somewhat desirable to stretch my fingers rather than have to cross strings smile.gif But hey, I got BIG hands tongue.gif It doesn't have to work for everybody in the same way.

Do you feel relaxed with stretching out on the fretboard?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 3 2012, 01:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I do, I originally played clasical guitar and the teatcher made me strech out under the threat of a swiss army knife wink.gif
Got long fingers, so yes I belive im good at it.

Well I thought for example this:

-9-8-5-4

instead you play

9-8-5

That seams easier

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 4 2012, 01:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 3 2012, 12:09 PM) *
Yes I do, I originally played clasical guitar and the teatcher made me strech out under the threat of a swiss army knife wink.gif
Got long fingers, so yes I belive im good at it.

Well I thought for example this:

-9-8-5-4

instead you play

9-8-5

That seams easier

Well, it depends from one person to another honestly. There's no right or wrong way - try both approaches and see what feels best for your hands and coordination skills! That's the way I do it wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 6 2012, 03:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Praticed 4 hours today and now going away to jam with a band wink.gif
So I have regained my foucs smile.gif

So tommorrow we can talk about praticing I hope smile.gif
cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 7 2012, 08:23 AM
Instructor
Hey Erik, well, it's up to you mate. Have your goals and aspirations remained the same?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 12 2012, 12:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yes smile.gif
The thing is I want to learn much new stuff.. and end up doing nothing
Well in the end its up to me, I always ending up doing my own stuff, but learning new things and essential things Is so important for you

In the end its up to me, but can you help me?

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:22 AM