Bass And Drums For Recording, all in one?
RobK87
Apr 21 2010, 11:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys I was just wondering if there was any "all in one" software out there that I could use to program drums and bass into my DAW for creating songs.

I have heard of a few but wanted your opinions. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 22 2010, 12:11 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If you have a DAW, then you just need bass and drums VSTs. For drums you can use Ezdrummer and for bass Trilogy plugins. Then you just program those parts in midi in order to have them play what you want.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 22 2010, 12:28 AM
GMC:er
If what you want are parts already arrenged with drums and bass, you should get some midi files to play along with guitar. There are millions on the net. And then, of course, use your plugins to assign each track

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Apr 22 2010, 11:12 PM
Instructor
all in one could be Reason...

but it's a good suggestion to use ez drummer and trilogy

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 23 2010, 03:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If you need pre made bass grooves then I would recommend Virtual Bassist from Steinberg. Its cool and useful but not that versatile and flexible.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 23 2010, 11:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Apr 23 2010, 04:59 PM) *
If you need pre made bass grooves then I would recommend Virtual Bassist from Steinberg. Its cool and useful but not that versatile and flexible.

I think Virtual Bassist is far more versatile then other products, but lacks tone quality and full note range. The VSTi has premade grooves in many styles, it has one note mode too for manual typing, and bunch of emulated bass effects, and amp simulator. For an all-in-one package it's excellent.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 24 2010, 05:09 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 24 2010, 12:25 AM) *
I think Virtual Bassist is far more versatile then other products, but lacks tone quality and full note range. The VSTi has premade grooves in many styles, it has one note mode too for manual typing, and bunch of emulated bass effects, and amp simulator. For an all-in-one package it's excellent.

I need to get it! Didn't know about it

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:01 PM