2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Rehearsal Room
Marcus Siepen
Aug 31 2008, 01:07 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Basically we rehearse in a way as if we would be playing live. So yes, all the instruments have to be miced of course, they are sent into our monitor mixing console (the very same one that we use on stage), there we can mix individual sounds for every musician and then send them wireless to our in ear packs. The big advantage of rehearsing like this is that every musician can have his own mix, there are no interferences from the amplifiers (we could even put all the amps into a different room, we don't hear ANYTHING coming directly from the amps, we only hear our in ear headphones) and no interferences with mixes from other bandmembers. On stage this is even more precious, because I can walk wherever I want on stage, the sound that I am hearing doesn't change AT ALL, no matter if I am standing right in front of my own amp, in front of the drums or wherever. When you want to try this in your rehearsals you can of course also use normal headphones, you have to pay attention to the cable length then though. The only disadvantage that I see, and I don't really consider it to ba a disadvantage, is that oyu have to talk into a microphone if you want to talk to each other, but I can perfectly live with this wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:07 PM