David Cook ( American Idol ) Covering Billie Jean, Better than Chris Cornell? Or Not
skennington
Mar 27 2008, 02:17 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I'm not an "Idol" fan but this guy,IMO rocked this song! I know it's Cornell's arrangement but just sounded great to me.

What do you think?

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/david...lie-jean-watch/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 27 2008, 02:37 AM
Instructor
Really nice!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 27 2008, 02:51 AM
GMC:er
David Cook is incredible. To me, he is not even in the competition, he is completely a professional musician right now. I also REALLY love Carley for some reason, she is really pretty too. And Michael Johns is my 3rd favorite, his cover of "We are the Champions" was incredible. He also did really well with "Bohemian Rhapsody" in Hollywood week. I think he does really good with Queen songs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 27 2008, 03:20 AM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Mar 26 2008, 09:51 PM) *
David Cook is incredible. To me, he is not even in the competition, he is completely a professional musician right now. I also REALLY love Carley for some reason, she is really pretty too. And Michael Johns is my 3rd favorite, his cover of "We are the Champions" was incredible. He also did really well with "Bohemian Rhapsody" in Hollywood week. I think he does really good with Queen songs.

Yea, I think he'll be signed regardless of AI outcome.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 27 2008, 03:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Mar 26 2008, 09:17 PM) *
I'm not an "Idol" fan but this guy,IMO rocked this song! I know it's Cornell's arrangement but just sounded great to me.

What do you think?

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/david...lie-jean-watch/

+1 I really don't care for the song to much, at least Michael's version, but the way he did it was just great. He is a true musician in my opinion.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 27 2008, 04:06 AM
Instructor
Great voice!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 27 2008, 08:01 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Great vocals and great song smile.gif

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Mar 27 2008, 12:24 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Mar 26 2008, 09:20 PM) *
Yea, I think he'll be signed regardless of AI outcome.

+1 on that! He definitely stands out form the rest of the gang.

I also like Michael Johns. He is so cool on stage. He looks comfortable when he's on stage. Almost like he belongs there.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 27 2008, 08:38 PM
Instructor
Excellent cover smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 27 2008, 09:08 PM
Instructor
Woa, thats what Idol should be all about.. people that can SING

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 27 2008, 11:07 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 27 2008, 04:08 PM) *
Woa, thats what Idol should be all about.. people that can SING

+1 Trond. Thats one of the reasons I don't watch it that often. Chris Daughtry should have won as well.

+Quote Post
Maximus
Mar 27 2008, 11:09 PM
I like the fact that the contestants are allowed to play insturments this year. It's a great addition.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 28 2008, 12:43 PM
No way better than Chris Cornell. That has offended me greatly. It is a good version but the Cornell one makes my spine tingle.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:08 PM