The Troy Grady / Cracking The Code Thread, An interview with Troy plus videos and discussion!
InstruMental Cas...
Jan 23 2007, 11:00 AM
GMC:er
I interviewed Troy Grady. It's a great read if you're at all interested in his upcoming shred-documentary, Cracking the Code.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by InstruMental Case: Apr 24 2007, 05:54 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ikaros
Jan 23 2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the interview! He has a great analysis of Yngwie Malmsteen's first solo from Now Your Ships Are Burned from his classic Rising Force album of 1984, the bible of neoclassical style. That's how I found Troy's site.

My favorite Yngwie related quote from Troy in your interview: "I’d say Rising Force sits unassailably at the top of that list. Both the playing and the songwriting on that disc are so mature and cohesive, it’s as though Yngwie burst forth from the womb a fully formed guitar adult."

[EDIT] I posted a message topic about your Interview over on the Official Yngwie Malmsteen Forums where I help moderate. Here is the link if you want to check for responses there as well: http://www.yngwie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1210

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ikaros: Jan 23 2007, 12:33 PM

--------------------
Webpage:
- http://www.myspace.com/yngwie100
Equipment:
- Fender Standard Stratocaster
- Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks
- Roland Cube-20X modeling amp
- Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch
- DOD YJM308 Overdrive (optional)
- Boss DS-1 Distortion (optional)
- Marshall MG15CD amp (spare)

+Quote Post
Codyrg
Jan 23 2007, 01:23 PM
This looks VERY interesting! Great interview! I'm getting back into shred big time and am looking forward to this doc.!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Apr 24 2007, 01:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Ldg7URHwY

A shawn lane lesson on legato thats done by troy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQWnDDE1ehI

Nitro solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFDbURWKFcc

some country stuff ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhmaqJYJ2ng...ted&search=

" Now your ships are burned" -Yngwie Malmsteen Cover

Tell me if you guys like him biggrin.gif

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Apr 24 2007, 05:52 AM
Hey, I hope you don’t mind, I merged your post with the one I made awhile back.

Those videos are really great. You should also check out the Cracking the Code website, because there are some new videos on the players page. For example, Michael Angelo Batio has just been announced as being in it, so there’s a little video of him on there now.

Troy also just did part one of an interesting amp shopping article, complete with a lengthy video detailing practically everything. Check it out if you haven’t!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Apr 24 2007, 08:54 PM
Yeah no sweat Instrumental. I saw those videos he had, all of which are pretty cool smile.gif . And the cracking the code documentary is very inspiring, its get to some one who cares that much about music and wants to express his or her experiences to further the careers of others .

Sorry about basically reposting another thread on this ? If I had known someone did it before I wouldnt have made that mistake . rolleyes.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Apr 30 2007, 06:17 PM
Don’t sweat it, man. The more Code discussion the better!

By the way, Troy just got a Myspace:

www.myspace.com/troygrady

This post has been edited by InstruMental Case: Apr 30 2007, 06:17 PM

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Apr 30 2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah I checked his space out, hes a really good player. If only he was here to teach us at GMC ! rolleyes.gif

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:51 AM