10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
The Dual Collab: Student Team (cael)
Todd Simpson
Nov 23 2021, 04:08 AM
GMC:er
I like where you are going with this smile.gif I did notice that your vibrato seems to be the weak spot here. It's a bit shallow and tepid. Maybe use larger and slower up/down motions and give it a bit more impact. Just a suggestion smile.gif

QUOTE (tflava @ Nov 20 2021, 03:12 PM) *
Hello Ben,

i tried to come up with a melodic solo today.
This is what i got so far.
I need to make it flow more but wanted to hear to you what i have in my mind.
What do you think?

grtzz tim

Very cool! I love the tone and and the note choice.

QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 22 2021, 01:33 PM) *
Hi

Here 2 takes.
I have some difficulty to keep sustain on some notes.
I continue my work. It's very interesting.
What do you think about it ?

Diggin it so far phil!! Working well with the backing.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 22 2021, 04:58 PM) *
For now, I've just gone for a background kind of piece, more a mood/scene setting thing than a solo. I'm still thinking about the chorus motif.

Very rough, it's just a sketch completely improvised just to get into it a bit. As said, it's more of a mood/scene setter than anything else.

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 23 2021, 05:27 AM
GMC:er
@misterm ...
Nice quote of the "Good, the Bad and the Ugly" theme!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 23 2021, 06:50 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Yes. It's good rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 23 2021, 06:54 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 23 2021, 02:59 AM) *
Thanks, Tim, MisterM and Phil. I'll get back to you all as soon as possible! Still struggling with this cold/sore throat/coughing. My voice is almost completely gone at the moment, but I think it's moving in the right direction and that I'll be fully back in a day or two. But for now I just wanted to say that I'm really happy to see the participation cool.gif

I want to give some comments, video replies and such when I'm feeling a bit better and not looking like something the cat dragged in. laugh.gif

I hope you feel better soon buddy smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 23 2021, 03:08 AM) *
Diggin it so far phil!! Working well with the backing.

Thanks buddy smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 23 2021, 10:29 AM
GMC Founder
Fantastic advice coming from Cael and you already have some cool takes. This is very promising! 😎

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 23 2021, 11:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 23 2021, 11:29 AM) *
Fantastic advice coming from Cael and you already have some cool takes. This is very promising! 😎

I hope to be back to being a fully functional human being without snot and coughs soon laugh.gif Then I'll bring some more thoughts about the takes so far. I'm generally feeling better and better though, so fingers crossed I can work on it a bit tonight smile.gif

I'm keeping an eye on your thread as well. Good work too there! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Nov 24 2021, 03:25 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
I made a variation of the motif for some fun. Trying to get in an Old West mood before I work on a solo part. The original motif already fits perfect so don't feel any pressure to use it. smile.gif

Attached File  Lonesome_Cowboy_motif.mp3 ( 841.55K ) Number of downloads: 108

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 24 2021, 06:18 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Degroot

Wonderfull variation... It's sound full western

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 24 2021, 06:18 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 24 2021, 09:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
Feedback coming up for you all shortly - it's mostly recorded. I'm still a bit sick, so you will have to live with my voice being bad smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 24 2021, 09:21 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This is my main idea now revorded in my Daw. I only want to get it some more details and better.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 24 2021, 10:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here are some comments on what you have all uploaded so far. If I've missed someone or something let me know! I hope you find some of the comments useful smile.gif

------------------------

For Phil:

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 18 2021, 10:43 PM) *
Just for the record, the GP7 file won't download in Brave, in Firefox a left click is all that's needed then you get the option to open or save, Chrome it's a right click and Edge is a right click. I know most users will know their browser but some new comers might not.

Thanks for this Ben cool.gif

Here's what I was thinking. I'm not applying any musical theory, (I don't know a lot), I've just approached it how I would on my guitar, I just wanted to put it out there in GP for the time being until I get chance to record it.

I think when I record it I will add a slightly distorted sound, not sure yet. As said, I don't even know if it's musically correct.

[attachment=53045:Lonesome...tif_Phil.gp]

Let me know if you have any questions of course.

--------------------------------------------------

For Tim:

QUOTE (tflava @ Nov 20 2021, 09:12 PM) *
Hello Ben,

i tried to come up with a melodic solo today.
This is what i got so far.
I need to make it flow more but wanted to hear to you what i have in my mind.
What do you think?

grtzz tim

For MisterM:

QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 22 2021, 07:33 PM) *
Hi

Here 2 takes.
I have some difficulty to keep sustain on some notes.
I continue my work. It's very interesting.
What do you think about it ?

For Phil (about setting the scene):

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 22 2021, 10:58 PM) *
For now, I've just gone for a background kind of piece, more a mood/scene setting thing than a solo. I'm still thinking about the chorus motif.

Very rough, it's just a sketch completely improvised just to get into it a bit. As said, it's more of a mood/scene setter than anything else.

Cheers

For Degroot:

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Nov 24 2021, 04:25 AM) *
I made a variation of the motif for some fun. Trying to get in an Old West mood before I work on a solo part. The original motif already fits perfect so don't feel any pressure to use it. smile.gif

Attached File  Lonesome_Cowboy_motif.mp3 ( 841.55K ) Number of downloads: 108

For Tim (DAW solo):

QUOTE (tflava @ Nov 24 2021, 10:21 AM) *
This is my main idea now revorded in my Daw. I only want to get it some more details and better.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Nov 24 2021, 10:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 24 2021, 11:21 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot for your advice mate.
I will focus on the slide at the beginning and the bend half ways.
Also the last part i will practice. And overall on my dynamics

Youre doing a great job leading this collab😎

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 24 2021, 11:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (tflava @ Nov 24 2021, 12:21 PM) *
Thanks a lot for your advice mate.
I will focus on the slide at the beginning and the bend half ways.
Also the last part i will practice. And overall on my dynamics

Youre doing a great job leading this collab😎

I'm glad you find the advice useful! Just a bit more practice and I think you will nail it! There's not a deadline as of now, so take your time with it cool.gif

And thanks, Tim! I'm enjoying it too and learning some things along the way too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 24 2021, 12:53 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Cael

Thank you for advices
I'm agree with you, I try to resolve note with chord
It's anew objective for my job.
It's very very interesting to hear your feedback

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 24 2021, 01:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 24 2021, 01:53 PM) *
Hi Cael

Thank you for advices
I'm agree with you, I try to resolve note with chord
It's anew objective for my job.
It's very very interesting to hear your feedback

I like what you have so far, so it's just a little change. cool.gif

I'm glad you find the feedback interesting smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Nov 24 2021, 07:20 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Thanks for the video response! I’m glad you like it. I’ll make a video and isolated guitar track for that part down the road. If you need anything more in regards to that section, just let me know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 24 2021, 10:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks for the advice Ben,

I can hear the issue with my "harmony" now, it didn't sound too bad in GP though. I never "compose" in GP, always on the guitar, I think I should stick to that.

Anyway, here is another VERY ROUGH ideas thrown together in an improv take.

I forgot to put some "blue" notes in, sorry.

At 00:22 I should have thrown the (borrowed) lick from 00:38 in there but hey ho, that's what this messing around is for eh? wink.gif

I'll have another go tomorrow, I'm absolutely shattered, I think my booster jab may be having an effect rolleyes.gif

https://youtu.be/X-YF1Z7jqCE

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 25 2021, 12:51 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Nov 24 2021, 08:20 PM) *
Thanks for the video response! I’m glad you like it. I’ll make a video and isolated guitar track for that part down the road. If you need anything more in regards to that section, just let me know.

If you feel like polishing the guitar more, then that's up to you of course, but I think it sounds great so far smile.gif

I have this counter-melody that I want you to record with a clean or near clean sound, if you're up for it. Let me know smile.gif

Here's an Mp3-export from GP7 of the line. I can record it too if you'd prefer that of course, but I'd like you to play it smile.gif
Attached File  Counter_Line_Degroot_Mp3__GP7_Export_.mp3 ( 793.65K ) Number of downloads: 78

Notice how the counter line towards the very end is a quarter note late, and then goes back into complete unison (on the octave) with the motif smile.gif

Here's the complete tab of the counter line including the motif for reference:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached File  Counter_Line_Degroot.gp5 ( 6.62K ) Number of downloads: 72

Attached File  Counter_Line_Degroot.gp ( 19.72K ) Number of downloads: 77

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 24 2021, 11:08 PM) *
Thanks for the advice Ben,

I can hear the issue with my "harmony" now, it didn't sound too bad in GP though. I never "compose" in GP, always on the guitar, I think I should stick to that.

Anyway, here is another VERY ROUGH ideas thrown together in an improv take.

I forgot to put some "blue" notes in, sorry.

At 00:22 I should have thrown the (borrowed) lick from 00:38 in there but hey ho, that's what this messing around is for eh? wink.gif

I'll have another go tomorrow, I'm absolutely shattered, I think my booster jab may be having an effect rolleyes.gif

https://youtu.be/X-YF1Z7jqCE

I think this is much better, Phil, and it flows better too! For a "messing around" I think this is great, and has a more natural feel to it, but still composed - like how the wilds can have their natural rhythm but also have unplanned and maybe dangerous events that leave you in need of some improvisation smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Nov 25 2021, 01:43 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 24 2021, 11:51 PM) *
If you feel like polishing the guitar more, then that's up to you of course, but I think it sounds great so far smile.gif

I have this counter-melody that I want you to record with a clean or near clean sound, if you're up for it. Let me know smile.gif

That sounds really great! I'm definitely up for recording the counter-melody.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Nov 25 2021, 08:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey I’m working on Cjirus section and notice a quick chord switcharoo at the end. What are the last Two chords? A7 with F# in bass as final chord.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:06 PM