6.1 Sound For Picture Mixing Station
Todd Simpson
Jun 24 2020, 06:59 AM
GMC:er
I have built up a "Be" mixing station that is mainly for working on games and movies. It's setup with a 6.1 surround system which allows for DTS-ES, Dolby Digital EX, and THX Surround EX. I'm working on a solo for a game soundtrack with a fellow GMCer right now as a matter of fact. I'm not sure how secret the project is so I won't name him in this post. If he reads this and wants to share then that's fine too smile.gif

I have a Macbook Pro Quad i7/16gb ram/1tb ssd with a macbook air as a backup machine. The main diisplay is a plasma for the computer and a 50 inch hitachi 4k HDR ULTRA. So I can work with footage up to 4k. It's a great mix position as it's the most comfy seat in the room. I bought a "Bed Desk" which is a desk that is wider than my queen size bed so I can work while sitting in bed. As somebody with a back that's been broken twice, this is a good thing. I can switch between my other workstation with easy as they both use the same macbook pro as the main computer. The other position is just connected via a HDMI splitter for the monitor and is connected USB for using either of my audio interfaces. Anyhoo, here she is! Whaddya think?

Attached Image

MIx Position A is for tracking and Mixing Stereo content. E.G. Music!

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 24 2020, 07:07 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:36 AM