> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 7 2013, 09:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 6 2013, 02:16 PM) *
Good answer Cosmin smile.gif
Btw speaking of time signatures. I got a backing track from Damjan pejcnoiski the Macedonian who often uses odd signatures like 7/8 common in macedonia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiEEG4-PVb8...mp;feature=plcp
Ive done some training in this but this one I cant really find. Feels like 4/4 to me but it cant be right? biggrin.gif

Hey Erik! I counted and it seems like 4/4 to me as well, with some interesting phrasing on the drums of course smile.gif Damjan is a monster player - he is good friends with a friend of mine here in Romania and I met him about 3 years ago when he came here at a contest.

Hey again Erik - I think the piece only needs to be brushed a bit - there are indeed a few notes that don't sound that good especially the ones that occur when finishing phrases - the one at the end of the first lick comes to mind.

Otherwise, if you ask me, I wouldn't change anything in the harmonies smile.gif Try and replace those questionable notes with some that are more pleasing for the context and that add direction and post again, deal?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 7 2013, 01:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey of course Cosmin I have barely started working on the pharsing just trying to get the backing rythm good now smile.gif
However ending the bar with the same chord melody as the playing could be nice I will try that and show you smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 7 2013, 04:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 7 2013, 12:53 PM) *
Hey of course Cosmin I have barely started working on the pharsing just trying to get the backing rythm good now smile.gif
However ending the bar with the same chord melody as the playing could be nice I will try that and show you smile.gif

wink.gif Looking forward to that smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 8 2013, 12:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here you go Cosmin.
You see the rythm plays the same as the melody only once, that part DADA-DA-DADA
then it goes back to rythm in last idea no changes.

Sounds a little 80 maybe to me dont know it feels good to player over haha tongue.gif
Only one idea the first one rest is just jamming i havent wrote more

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Mar 8 2013, 12:39 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  idea04.mp3 ( 935.51K ) Number of downloads: 50

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2013, 08:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 7 2013, 11:37 PM) *
Here you go Cosmin.
You see the rythm plays the same as the melody only once, that part DADA-DA-DADA
then it goes back to rythm in last idea no changes.

Sounds a little 80 maybe to me dont know it feels good to player over haha tongue.gif
Only one idea the first one rest is just jamming i havent wrote more

Hey mate, it sounds indeed a little 80's'ish biggrin.gif If I may say so, but I have to say that the solo has good direction and flow - you should only re-recod it like you mean it - I can feel that at some point you were hesitant smile.gif

I mean, when you usually mean what you play, the difference in interpretation is huge! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 11 2013, 02:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey cosmin i have been very sick the last days but atleast I have figured out a few harmonic minor solo ideas before the Cmin/Fmaj chorus

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Mar 11 2013, 02:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 12 2013, 09:57 AM
Instructor
Take your time man smile.gif No one is rushing you - post when you feel better, ok?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 13 2013, 01:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
Latest version of my song. Riffs are better now but still need some more work of course to get tighter.
https://soundcloud.com/erik93/upsanddownsv1-07

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Mar 13 2013, 01:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2013, 09:01 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik, yeah indeed tightness needs to be increased man smile.gif You know how I imagine this? Just like a sawing machine cutting perfect slices out of a piece of material - you guessed it, the material is the riff and the note separation is your hand that separates the notes smile.gif Don't rush into recording something that you can't play machine like at the desired speed. Trust me it's better to play simpler stuff and make it sound intense and super tight, instead of trying t play more complex things and not being able to make them shine.

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 26 2013, 04:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin im back and i am in a final in a guitar competetion.
I wonder what to play. 5 minutes, everything allowed, improvisation, songs, covers.

I already played my fusion song to enter the competetion so maybe I should do somethings different.
I dont know if im to improvise som fusion style or to play my new metal song

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 27 2013, 09:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 26 2013, 03:14 PM) *
Hi Cosmin im back and i am in a final in a guitar competetion.
I wonder what to play. 5 minutes, everything allowed, improvisation, songs, covers.

I already played my fusion song to enter the competetion so maybe I should do somethings different.
I dont know if im to improvise som fusion style or to play my new metal song

Hey Erik!

I think that composition is the best way to go in these contexts smile.gif

I would work on the metal song to get it flowing and make it catchy, if you haven't done that already biggrin.gif 'Catchy' will never fail and if you add some flamboyance here and there, it might be the answer wink.gif

What do you say?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 27 2013, 09:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I agree, since I already played a more rock fusion song maybe I should show my darker side smile.gif
Well I will work on it and show you, also I will make an arpeggio part for it

What do you think of my harmonic minor melodies so far and also the more "happy" f major playing?
Also the riffs?

Now I dont mean thigtness or timing but only musical ideas what you think so far smile.gif
of course needs work but "the raw ideas"

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Mar 27 2013, 09:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 28 2013, 09:26 AM
Instructor
Hey again Erik, I think the ideas are good but I'd like to comment and discuss with you on a finished structure! Work hard and get it done in time so that we may discover and improve whatever would be necessary, ok?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 4 2013, 09:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin, I was supposed to play the same thing and also pick a track to improvise too, so I have been praticing on that.
But Its still hard work for the new song of course but I have been busy lately tongue.gif

Well next up Im going to use my synth to harmonize and create some cool synth melodies on the riffs and especially on the chorus

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 5 2013, 07:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 4 2013, 08:54 AM) *
Hey Cosmin, I was supposed to play the same thing and also pick a track to improvise too, so I have been praticing on that.
But Its still hard work for the new song of course but I have been busy lately tongue.gif

Well next up Im going to use my synth to harmonize and create some cool synth melodies on the riffs and especially on the chorus

And how did the contest go?? Did you win? biggrin.gif

Looking forward to hearing the synth add ons when they are ready wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 5 2013, 09:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Competetion is on tuesday tongue.gif
Also im finally going to complete my work on Marco song "still hurts" i belive I have enough techinical level for the most challenging parts now tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 6 2013, 12:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 5 2013, 08:18 PM) *
Competetion is on tuesday tongue.gif
Also im finally going to complete my work on Marco song "still hurts" i belive I have enough techinical level for the most challenging parts now tongue.gif

Keeping the fingers crossed for Tuesday and of course, as usual, hit me with a recording of 'Still Hurts' wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 9 2013, 03:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Didnt win sad.gif sound was terrible couldnt hear my own tapping. But im positive anyway got a price for first place too tongue.gif Next up, going to have a go at final Dance in muris competition quite a Challenge tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 10 2013, 08:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 9 2013, 02:44 PM) *
Didnt win sad.gif sound was terrible couldnt hear my own tapping. But im positive anyway got a price for first place too tongue.gif Next up, going to have a go at final Dance in muris competition quite a Challenge tongue.gif

Sorry about that mate, but as they say - it's about participating, right? smile.gif

What do you actually mean by 'got a price for first place too'? And, hell yeah, that Muris track is something - I wish you the best of luck!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 10 2013, 05:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ah I mean "for fourth place too" which is where i was placed tongue.gif
Me and a spanish guy played own songs two english guys played covers, they did really well but not me and the spanish guy.
Maybe my song could have been a winner but the performance was so weak compared to the others, it was a good experience since you need to know how it feels not to be able to use your own gear/tone.

Im not sure if im going for Final Dance or the Junk Medley, I like Junk Medley more but it is challenging 100 % of time while Final Dance seems a little easier.

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:50 PM