Tush By Zztop, I recorded guitars over it.
Gilmore
Jan 2 2008, 03:09 PM
GMC:er
Hi

I found this backing track some time ago on the internet. It´s the original song I think but the guitars has been removed, so I recorded my own over it. smile.gif The solo is partially original but for the most parts I played major pantatonic scale to fill in because I don´t know the solo that well.

[attachment=3385:attachment]

Here is the backing track if someone want´s to give it a try.

[attachment=3386:attachment]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Toni Suominen
Jan 2 2008, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Nice work Gilmore, you played the riffs very nicely, and the solo was very nice also, it fit great with the song smile.gif

Good job! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 2 2008, 03:19 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Yeah, very well played! The beginning of the solo had that slide feeling to it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 2 2008, 06:12 PM
Instructor
Nice sound man, just try to stay more in time with the song.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 4 2008, 09:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Good job man you did an excellent job on the solo, and rhythm guitar was almost there with a little effort it will be spot on. wink.gif

Great recording !

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Jan 5 2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks.

I know about the riffs are a little off with the backing, but I was too lazy to record it again. It seems like when I record there is always something that goes wrong. I think I´m too stressed too get it right, everytime I turn on the recorder I get nervous and think too much about that i´m recording. You know what I mean?

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
Philippe
Jan 5 2008, 11:51 PM
Nice choice of song, and the solo sounded good too. I was trying to learn "la grange" solo, but I'm not so used to that kind of triplet feel and i had a hard time getting the rhythm right.

QUOTE (Gilmore @ Jan 5 2008, 09:26 PM) *
I know about the riffs are a little off with the backing, but I was too lazy to record it again. It seems like when I record there is always something that goes wrong. I think I´m too stressed too get it right, everytime I turn on the recorder I get nervous and think too much about that i´m recording. You know what I mean?

I have the same problem. But i find it quite easy to do several recordings and merge them in order to get rid of the parts with mistakes!

How did you get your sound?

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 5 2008, 11:55 PM
Does anybody know how they removed the guitars?

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:48 AM