2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Frequencies That Kill Your Ears
thefireball
Jul 10 2011, 03:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Is there a certain something in the world that produces a noise you just can't stand? Perhaps it is claws on a chalkboard? biggrin.gif
It doesn't have to be loud of course. Because even a rocket launch would "kill" all of our ears.

I know my Dad can't stand it when I do the dimebag squeals! laugh.gif

But I can't stand it when somebody leaves the TV on. Hear me out. We have an old TV that produces a high pitched sound. It's one of those glass screen TVs that can cause static electricity, with a huge back end. Yeah, so the TV is just sitting there black with VIDEO1 in the upper right hand corner. I can hear that very high pitched noise when I walk in the room and there is no movie playing. It's similar to the sound you might hear when the electricity goes off and everything is quiet, except in your own head.

How about you?

Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 10 2011, 04:57 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I hate the absence of sound most of the time, I have terrible tennitis so I always have a ringing in my ear that annoys me. I always have to have music playing or something on the tv just to counteract it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 10 2011, 04:58 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hehe great idea for a thread. I can't stand the grinding sound of the fork and the teeth when eating. I also can't stand to the high pitch 'air' sound of the dentist's drill... It's always best to play bass - that never bothers anyone heheheh smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 10 2011, 06:28 PM
Instructor
I hate any unexpected noise that makes me jump ! laugh.gif

I dislike the constant low level humming of computers.. makes me feel really unhealthy huh.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 10 2011, 06:34 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 10 2011, 10:57 AM) *
I hate the absence of sound most of the time, I have terrible tennitis so I always have a ringing in my ear that annoys me. I always have to have music playing or something on the tv just to counteract it.

Oooh. Sorry about that man. sad.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 10 2011, 10:58 AM) *
Hehe great idea for a thread. I can't stand the grinding sound of the fork and the teeth when eating. I also can't stand to the high pitch 'air' sound of the dentist's drill... It's always best to play bass - that never bothers anyone heheheh smile.gif

Oh I hate the fork thing too. eesh! I don't know...we have some friends whose neighbors play in a band and that's all our friends hear is the bass. They says it annoys them. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 10 2011, 12:28 PM) *
I hate any unexpected noise that makes me jump ! laugh.gif

I dislike the constant low level humming of computers.. makes me feel really unhealthy huh.gif

I'm a very jumpy person.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 10 2011, 06:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 10 2011, 06:34 PM) *
I'm a very jumpy person.

BOO !!!! ph34r.gif

Did that work ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 10 2011, 06:39 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 10 2011, 07:34 PM) *
Oh I hate the fork thing too. eesh! I don't know...we have some friends whose neighbors play in a band and that's all our friends hear is the bass. They says it annoys them. laugh.gif

Hahahah that is a cool thing with bass! On the gig/inside the room it's barely heard but when you step outside it penetrates walls and you can't stop it!!! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 10 2011, 06:41 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 10 2011, 12:36 PM) *
BOO !!!! ph34r.gif
Did that work ? biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Yes! I fell backwards out of my chair! But thankfully my guitars caught me. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 10 2011, 12:39 PM) *
Hahahah that is a cool thing with bass! On the gig/inside the room it's barely heard but when you step outside it penetrates walls and you can't stop it!!! smile.gif

Yeah, it must be some scientific thing. The sound waves travel further.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 10 2011, 06:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 10 2011, 04:58 PM) *
It's always best to play bass - that never bothers anyone heheheh smile.gif

That's right.. bass never hurt anyone ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 10 2011, 06:47 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
My daughter actually has a medical condition called hyperacusia - whilst she's actually sensitive to all noise she finds some particulaly bad and those can make her physically sick and very distressed. Some of the ones that she particularly has trouble dealing with is metal or similar being scraped against something hard. As it's a diagnosed illness she has medical permission to wear ear plugs in school to reduce/mitigate the issue. Outside of school she's learning to manage the hyperacusia by constantly listening to music at a low background level.

Whilst I certainly don't have hyperacusia I'm particularly sensitive to some high pitched frequencies- around the 4.5kHz and 9kHz mark

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 10 2011, 06:50 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 10 2011, 01:47 PM) *
Whilst I certainly don't have hyperacusia I'm particularly sensitive to some high pitched frequencies- around the 4.5kHz and 9kHz mark

Spoken like a true M.E. - knows the exact frequencies laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2011, 07:11 PM
Instructor
Not exactly on topic but I had a live show yesterday's night with my band and today I feel a soft buzz in my ears. I always use protection in the rehearsals but I don't like to use it live... it seems that we played lour yesterday. ohmy.gif

Cymbals have frequencies that kill my ears.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2011, 07:52 PM
Instructor
i hate it when I am walking on the street, I receive a phone call and due to the heavy traffic, I can't hear anything...

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 10 2011, 08:15 PM
Instructor
Once upon a time when I was a kid, in a grandmother's village, where I spent a school holidays, women were washing their pots with sand !! That sound can't forget while I live, creepy, creepy, creepy....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 10 2011, 10:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jul 10 2011, 08:15 PM) *
Once upon a time when I was a kid, in a grandmother's village, where I spent a school holidays, women were washing their pots with sand !! That sound can't forget while I live, creepy, creepy, creepy....

I've got visions of villages like in Resident Evil 4 or Van Helsing !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 10 2011, 10:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 10 2011, 11:06 PM) *
I've got visions of villages like in Resident Evil 4 or Van Helsing !! laugh.gif

I fell off the chair, you damned laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Really sounded like a fairy tale !!! Van Helsing was the first neighbor!!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: Jul 10 2011, 10:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jul 10 2011, 10:41 PM
GMC:er
Listening to Ben Higgins play tongue.gif Ba-dum-tish.

Well, I don't like it when other people takes their knife or fork and slices it into a plate, creates such an horrible sound.

This post has been edited by Qenzoz: Jul 10 2011, 10:42 PM

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 10 2011, 11:09 PM
Instructor
I'm not very fond of the chalkboard thing, or any loud noise.. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jasonius
Jul 11 2011, 02:59 AM
GMC:er
Hearing my own playing. Very scary!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 12 2011, 11:37 PM
Instructor
I hate really loud sirens, I cover my ears whenever they are around tongue.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:28 PM