SUPERIOR DRUMMER [ 6 ] ** [25.00%]
SLATE DRUMS [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
OTHER [ 1 ] ** [4.17%]
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
Todd Simpson
Mar 3 2013, 01:49 AM
GMC:er
I wanted to ask what drum VST folks mostly use? It's bee my experience that most folks have EZ drummer and maybe one or two other packages but mostly EZ, so here's a poll! smile.gif

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Mar 3 2013, 08:00 AM
EZ Drummer would be it, but if I want to record some really high quality beats (that sound almost as real and good as a drummer), Acoustica Beatcraft is my way to go. Its not a VST, its a standalone application, but its pretty neat! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 3 2013, 01:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I had tried a couple of the freebie drum vst's but eventually went for EZDrummer. Its cool, I like it smile.gif
Im using the reaper / ezdrummer combo as well so I know that if / when I break something there's a good chance someone here will know how to fix it!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 3 2013, 06:34 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I have EZdrummer. It sounds much better than my retired Alesis drum machine. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2013, 06:48 PM
Instructor
I mostly use EZ drummer. I was a bit tired of its sound but I found a new dimension experimenting with some new Waves plugins processors. You can note some of this improvement in my newer lessons but even more improvements would be noted in the lessons that are coming!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Mar 3 2013, 09:54 PM
I have both EZD and Superior 2.0. I use Superior for rock and metal, and I use EZD for pop/folk kind of stuff. Both are fantastic pieces of software.

--------------------

+Quote Post
eMGie
Mar 3 2013, 10:38 PM
I use and highly recommend EZDrummer smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 6 2013, 10:42 PM
Well folks that pretty much settles it. I"m going to keep this link handy as this question comes up quite a bit, especially with folks new to Home Recording. The short answer is, "GET EZ DRUMMER!!!!!!!" smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 6 2013, 11:04 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I also find Ezdrummer very handy and useful!

What I have noticed in last few years is that all this popularity of that specific drums VST has made it a bit boring sounding to my ears... Its just that its a bit overused and I can recognize its character too easily. I kinda always preferred the Addictive Drums (I think they are in the same price range) for the sound - but Ez has the coolest grooves and its easiest to use.

I'm currently experimenting with more hi end drum VSTs like Battery, Superior (which I use often) and others out there.

On a side note - its amazing how this technology has evolved. Hi end drum VST + quality midi programming (especially if live drummer plays it on the electronic set!) can really replace the often expensive and complicated live drums recording.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Spock
Mar 7 2013, 03:18 AM
Indeed on the EZDrummer!

Best invention since distortion.

And check out Groove Monkey for thousands more midi beats for EZDrummer to play over. That and an Akai drum pad.

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Mar 7 2013, 11:59 AM
I use EZdrummer for 'real' sounding drums. But I also love Stylus RMX for electronic beats, it's got some amazing grooves on it for backing tracks and the likes!

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Mar 8 2013, 10:46 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Mar 7 2013, 10:59 AM) *
But I also love Stylus RMX for electronic beats, it's got some amazing grooves on it for backing tracks and the likes!

Thanks, glad you like it! (I wrote Stylus RMX).

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 9 2013, 01:37 PM
I have EZDrummer at the moment (with several of the expansion packs) and am thinking of upgrading to Superior Drummer.
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:56 AM