Hellooo Gmc...
encrypttie
Mar 9 2007, 07:57 PM
GMC:er
Hi there,
this is Mehdi from Nottingham....
I'm a student at Uni of Notts stuyings MSc Interactive Systems Design...
Kinda new to the world of guitar; I've got a black "stratocaster" style Crafter (It's a cheap one! 80 quids for the whole starter pack) A Korg AX10G effects processor, a small amp and a pair of headphones (As I'm living in a university hall I use the headphones all the times) and I'M READY TO ROCK...

Cheers,
-Mehdi

P.S. No ROCKS for now, I'm off to library lol..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Impossible says Im possible
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Mar 10 2007, 11:21 AM
Hey welcome,
Someone else from MY town, how cool is that?

Your gear is fine. You may feel the need to upgrade if you get to take to playing guitar, but its not really necessary. You have all you need to learn to play.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
encrypttie
Mar 10 2007, 09:46 PM
Hi fretdancer,

Sure it's good to see other people from Nottingham here... I believe you're right I've got the stuff needed to start playing... guess I'll get a better guitar after a couple of month when I'm more into playing... the only problem I have right now is that I cannot get the sounds from my FX processor... I've read the user manual but still cant get what want... Any idea what FX processor would be good to start with?

Cheers,
Mehdi

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 11 2007, 12:05 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (encrypttie @ Mar 10 2007, 03:46 PM) *
Hi fretdancer,

Sure it's good to see other people from Nottingham here... I believe you're right I've got the stuff needed to start playing... guess I'll get a better guitar after a couple of month when I'm more into playing... the only problem I have right now is that I cannot get the sounds from my FX processor... I've read the user manual but still cant get what want... Any idea what FX processor would be good to start with?

Cheers,
Mehdi

At the risk of putting words in Fretdancers mouth, I am sure he would advise you to look at Line 6 Pods smile.gif The Pod XT Live for instance is a great setup, with lots of effects and amp models. Also lets you record on your PC and sounds amazing.

However, with a question like that on a forum like this, I'm betting you'll get a t least 10 different mutually exclusive answers wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
encrypttie
Mar 11 2007, 01:46 AM
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the advice... I just looked for Line6 Pods but I cant afford to buy one biggrin.gif u see the thing is that I already have got this Korg ToneWorks AX10G FX processor and dont want to spend lots of money for another multi-effects processor... I was thinking of buying a Boss DS-1 Distortion... I can get one for 30 quids or so...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 11 2007, 04:01 AM
QUOTE (encrypttie @ Mar 10 2007, 07:46 PM) *
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the advice... I just looked for Line6 Pods but I cant afford to buy one biggrin.gif u see the thing is that I already have got this Korg ToneWorks AX10G FX processor and dont want to spend lots of money for another multi-effects processor... I was thinking of buying a Boss DS-1 Distortion... I can get one for 30 quids or so...

Yeah, 30 quid won't get you a pod, sorry :-(

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Mar 11 2007, 03:07 PM
QUOTE (encrypttie @ Mar 10 2007, 08:46 PM) *
....... the only problem I have right now is that I cannot get the sounds from my FX processor... I've read the user manual but still cant get what want... Any idea what FX processor would be good to start with?

Cheers,
Mehdi

Why dont you expand on that a little?...we may be able to help - what exactly are you trying to achieve and what is it that is not happening for you?.
Whilst I am not familiar with your equipment I am sure there are plenty of us who can suggest tweaks that may help.

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
encrypttie
Mar 13 2007, 04:15 PM
QUOTE (fretdancer @ Mar 11 2007, 02:07 PM) *
Why dont you expand on that a little?...we may be able to help - what exactly are you trying to achieve and what is it that is not happening for you?.
Whilst I am not familiar with your equipment I am sure there are plenty of us who can suggest tweaks that may help.

Hi fretdancer,

Sorry for the delay.... What I'm looking for is kinda metallic distortion which I couldnt get with my FX, But its okay now, I've got Boss DS-1 and that does the job for me... Now I can get the sounds I was looking for biggrin.gif
Anyways, thanks for the help... (both you and Andrew) wink.gif

Cheers,
-Mehdi

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 13 2007, 05:00 PM
QUOTE (encrypttie @ Mar 13 2007, 11:15 AM) *
Hi fretdancer,

Sorry for the delay.... What I'm looking for is kinda metallic distortion which I couldnt get with my FX, But its okay now, I've got Boss DS-1 and that does the job for me... Now I can get the sounds I was looking for biggrin.gif
Anyways, thanks for the help... (both you and Andrew) wink.gif

Cheers,
-Mehdi

Great! Glad you figured it out - getting the tone you want is sooooo important. I had been unhappy for 10 years without knowing it, now I have a setup I dig I play 100 times better (in my head at least!)

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:51 PM