> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

40 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 1 2016, 06:17 PM
Learning Chord Basher
When do you want me to share new videos?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2016, 03:16 PM
Instructor
I think that we are at a good moment to start with more organised assignments and deadlines. What do you think?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 3 2016, 10:38 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Yes I definitely agree, that with also help me more with daily practice because I know I have to get something done til that date.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2016, 03:30 PM
Instructor
Ok! So please share your last videos in 3 days and we will start with the new assignments.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 3 2016, 08:18 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!

I decided to post my takes tonight as I will be going to Stockholm for a business trip ( Don't worry I will only be gone until Tuesday biggrin.gif ) And hopefully this is my last trip for this year.
And I think my practice has been going very good lately so.
https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/garyclarkjr75bpm
I played one part wrong in the beginning but I was happy with my timing overall so I decided to post this either way.

https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/pink-floyd-g-minor

As usual with a long recording as this one, some went bad and some went good. I tried to pay attention to dynamics a lot to make it sound better with the backing and as usual bending and vibrato. Possibly my vibrato could have been better on this one.

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Sep 3 2016, 09:33 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2016, 09:29 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Nice stuff!

The improvisation has some really cool moments, mostly when you start to play softer around 04:20, with more silence between phrases. Gary Clark lesson keeps on getting closer but timing isn't still tight enough. Your phrases tend to go a bit after the beat on this one. But don't worry, let's move forward.

I'll create the first assignment for you as soon as you get back, but before it please share a list of 5/10 songs that you'd like to learn to play.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 7 2016, 07:43 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gab!

Awesome, I will definitely keep it in mind.

Joe Satriani - Shockwave Supernova
Joe Satriani - On Peregrine Wings
Joe Satriani - If There Is No Heaven
Joe Satriani - Summer Song
Dream Theater - Pull me Under
Dream Theater - Metropolis
Any Other Dream Theater song.

Hopefully I didn't choose songs that were way too hard for me if that is the case, I can pick some more songs smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2016, 07:47 PM
Instructor
That list is great! If you can extend the list with some less virtuoso songs that you like in the case you have one, you are welcome! smile.gif
If not, we will work with that list.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 8 2016, 12:39 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Okay I forgot a couple of songs,
Ain't talking bout love - Van Halen
Jump - Van Halen
Fade to black - Metallica

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 8 2016, 02:09 PM
Instructor
ASSIGNMENT #1:

Goals:

- Rhythm practice
- Blues improvisation

TASK 1:

- Learn the rhythm section (first 00:39 seconds) of this lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/SlowBluesinAMinor/

TASK 2:

- Improvise over the backing track of the lesson using A minor pentatonic and A blues scale.

Exam and deadline:

By September 19th you'll have to share 2 videos:

- A video playing the part learnt from the lesson (5 coins)
- A video improvising over the lesson (5 coins)

Each of these videos will be evaluated (check the coins value below). You need to get at least 7 coins to pass. If you pass, we can continue, if you don't you will have a second "call".

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 8 2016, 07:55 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Seems great, I am excited to try this new method and see how it works out.
Should I play it in normal speed?

And can you tell how do you evaluate the videos?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2016, 01:40 PM
Instructor
Normal speed is recommended but not required. It's much more important to be able to play the parts clean and tight at a comfortable tempo. I evaluate the videos here, with an approach similar to REC.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 10 2016, 07:43 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Sounds good Gab! I got a question about the lesson, when I opened it in GuitarPro it said it was 100 bpm but the backing tracks are only up to 80 bpm ??

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2016, 11:32 PM
Instructor
mm I'm not at my studio now but I think that this thread will help you: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 12 2016, 08:06 PM
Learning Chord Basher
I will check that thread out but the thing that confuses me is that the guitarPro file was 100 bpm but the backing tracks are only up to 80 bpm

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 13 2016, 07:39 PM
Instructor
I think that there is something wrong with the backing track. That's why Phil had to change tempo of f for practising. Let me know if you can solve it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 14 2016, 08:58 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Okay, I will try with backing once I get home

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2016, 05:33 PM
Instructor
Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 18 2016, 08:05 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Gab!

Here is the files for the deadline. As I didn't manage to fix the problem with the backing track, I added a metronome to it and also uploaded one with Guitar only incase you wanna download it and try to fit it with backing.

https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/slow-blues-metronome
https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/slow-blues-guitar-only

I thought it was a great lesson to learn, maybe not the most fun lesson but it was a good practice since guitarists barely practice rhythm guitar. And the backing with great to jam over smile.gif

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Sep 18 2016, 08:06 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 20 2016, 01:18 AM
Instructor
Ok mate, I think that this lesson has been a good workout for you. The rhythm sounds good without the metronome but it's not correct with the metronome. It would be interesting if you check the guitar pro and listen to it with the metronome turn on and hear the difference.

However, the fact that the backing is not correct on this one makes me prefer to move forward and start a new assignment.

ASSIGNMENT #2:

Goals:

- Vibrato, Sliding and Bending
- Minor Improvisation over Rock backing

TASK 1:

- Learn this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Satria...Made-Easy-Rock/

TASK 2:

- Improvise over the backing track of the lesson using E pentatonic minor, and E minor scales.

Exam and deadline:

By September 30th you'll have to share 2 videos:

- A video playing the part learnt from the lesson (5 coins)
- A video improvising over the lesson (5 coins)

Each of these videos will be evaluated (check the coins value below). You need to get at least 7 coins to pass. If you pass, we can continue, if you don't you will have a second "call".

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

40 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:21 AM