> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Mad's Mad Rhythm Corner
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 15 2012, 08:40 PM
Instructor
Hey buddy biggrin.gif Welcome to your thread wink.gif

Let's see what we can do to improve things smile.gif improvisation is a long journey - the same as learning how to speak fluently and natural in a foreign language, being expressive and truthful!

Tell me, have you ever done any ear training exercises? And please let me know what lessons from GMC are you working on at the moment smile.gif

all the best

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 16 2012, 09:09 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
AWESOME, THANKS!

Ok, beside my warrior tasks in ben's guitar bushido temple, I'm working on ben's vibrato odyssey - lessons.
When I grab my acoustic I'm doing sinisa's acoustic arpeggios.
I didn't have any professional ear training excercises, I just did some silly pitch recognition games I found on the internet..

Well, yes.. it's a long journey - let's start biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2012, 09:25 AM
Instructor
Good morning there mate!

In order for things to evolve in a healthy order, you should be able to know your neck and be able to talk about notes on the neck not numbers wink.gif tabs are good in order to make things simple when communicating over the internet, but in a real situation when you're talking to someone with an instrument in hand, speaking in terms of notes will help A LOT!

My recommendation would be to start with this series:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Improvising-Workshop-1/

and in parallel do ear training exercises smile.gif and we should start with this one:

- find a note on the neck (C for instance, on the 3rd fret, A string)
- play the C note and immediately after it, a D note
- play the C note and then SING the D note smile.gif and play it again on the guitar, to check if it's accurate

Try this with the other intervals around C (D was it's 2nd) see how accurate you get when singing. Once you can sing a note, it means you internalized it and you can sing it again -> that's the first step to being able to recognize what you are singing biggrin.gif and being able to lay down on the guitar, the stuff you are hearing in your head. Pretty lengthy process but it's worth EVERY minute spent!

What do you think about this?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 16 2012, 09:52 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
What I think about this?
That's great and I'm starting right now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2012, 09:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 16 2012, 08:52 AM) *
What I think about this?
That's great and I'm starting right now!

Let's rock n roll! I'm here for guidance and I was also curious if you would like to set a goal of let's say 4 lessons/ month for which we would work together so you can get a 10/ piece wink.gif

Is that doable? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 16 2012, 10:03 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Man, that would be really awesome.. but we should start with easy ones - even for those I need some time. So nailing down 4 lessons a month + guitar bushido temple + time for my new goal to become a more musical ear (I reserve 15mins a day especially for this) will be tough. Just give me a lesson to start with - I'll post my progress on that particular lesson here, until you say it's ok for a REC..

GoGoGo biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2012, 10:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 16 2012, 09:03 AM) *
Man, that would be really awesome.. but we should start with easy ones - even for those I need some time. So nailing down 4 lessons a month + guitar bushido temple + time for my new goal to become a more musical ear (I reserve 15mins a day especially for this) will be tough. Just give me a lesson to start with - I'll post my progress on that particular lesson here, until you say it's ok for a REC..

GoGoGo biggrin.gif

That sounds perfect! What do you prefer? Lead or rhythm?

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 16 2012, 10:41 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
We sould start with rhythm.. I'd like to go more into lead when my ear is more trained - hope that makes sense..

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2012, 10:59 AM
Instructor
Ok wink.gif it does make sense, as I think a good rhythm player can become a good lead player much easier biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/

this one - it may seem easy, but that's why I want you to chug your way with it as smooth and tight as possible wink.gif let's take it from here and see where we are biggrin.gif please take a look over it, practice it, till you feel ready, record it and let's discuss on it

Of course, it's important that you also like it biggrin.gif so the fun level will be greater wink.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 16 2012, 11:24 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Like it, very basic stuff, let's rock!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2012, 11:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 16 2012, 10:24 AM) *
Like it, very basic stuff, let's rock!

Perfect! Looking forward to helping you making it sound perfect biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 20 2012, 10:55 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ok so far for the REC-take.. currently I'm just struggling a bit with the fast power-chord to open-chord changes in the galloping section.. But I'm isolating and fixing the problem wink.gif going to upload a take for you to check next night!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2012, 08:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 20 2012, 09:55 PM) *
Ok so far for the REC-take.. currently I'm just struggling a bit with the fast power-chord to open-chord changes in the galloping section.. But I'm isolating and fixing the problem wink.gif going to upload a take for you to check next night!

Awesome mate! biggrin.gif Let's see whatcha got!

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 22 2012, 12:15 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
hey cos, i did a few takes with some parts that are too sloppy - I will record another take this night for you to have a look at it!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2012, 05:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 22 2012, 11:15 AM) *
hey cos, i did a few takes with some parts that are too sloppy - I will record another take this night for you to have a look at it!

Perfect, I'll be in front of the PC in about 5 hours! wink.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 22 2012, 10:00 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK - that's the best of the last 10^5 worst recordings.
I'm still struggling with several chord changes, muting etc.

Need more practice...

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 23 2012, 08:56 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Update on ear-training: I'm able to sing along the c-major scale. I did this: played the major-scale on the 5th string starting on the 3rd fret and tried to sing the note I'm hearing. stopped the note ringing and checked with a mic-tuner, if I'm really singing the correct note wink.gif
then I started to increase the intervalls starting from C while singing the notes. Then I did the same but I sang the note before I played it.. it turned out quite easy after a few minutes. Then, I started to play all the chords in the C major scale and was able to sing along it - that was quite an amazing experience, never did that before (don't know why - everyone playing an instrument should do that biggrin.gif )...

So, I'm making some progress wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2012, 10:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 22 2012, 09:00 PM) *
OK - that's the best of the last 10^5 worst recordings.
I'm still struggling with several chord changes, muting etc.

Need more practice...

Not bad man! Actually it's very good! There are slight tightness slips here and there but with a little more practice, I think you can get a straight 10 in the REC section! I think this one can go there as well smile.gif would you like to expose it there?

QUOTE (mad @ Feb 23 2012, 07:56 AM) *
Update on ear-training: I'm able to sing along the c-major scale. I did this: played the major-scale on the 5th string starting on the 3rd fret and tried to sing the note I'm hearing. stopped the note ringing and checked with a mic-tuner, if I'm really singing the correct note wink.gif
then I started to increase the intervalls starting from C while singing the notes. Then I did the same but I sang the note before I played it.. it turned out quite easy after a few minutes. Then, I started to play all the chords in the C major scale and was able to sing along it - that was quite an amazing experience, never did that before (don't know why - everyone playing an instrument should do that biggrin.gif )...

So, I'm making some progress wink.gif

hehehe! Very good! It;s wonderful if you can do that! Now a next step wink.gif would be to focus on a certain type of interval, perfect fifth let's say and do the following:

1) Play C and its 5th -> G
2) Play G and it's 5th -> D
3) Play D and its 5th -> A

see, you're practically ascending from 5th to 5th biggrin.gif and so on until your ear gets accustomed to jumping from one tonality to another.

Repeat the same process with every interval type tongue.gif it does WONDERS!

Let me know what else can I help you with - I think we can jump on to another lesson as well, if you'd like!

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 23 2012, 11:07 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
In my Metal Metrics 4-REC Ivan said, for rhythm I should make my right hand more floating. I thought, I give it another shot and keep an eye on that, this is what I got..

And yes, I'll continue with the intervals, let's see where I'm going from here smile.gif
Next lesson please tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 24 2012, 09:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 23 2012, 10:07 AM) *
In my Metal Metrics 4-REC Ivan said, for rhythm I should make my right hand more floating. I thought, I give it another shot and keep an eye on that, this is what I got..

And yes, I'll continue with the intervals, let's see where I'm going from here smile.gif
Next lesson please tongue.gif

Mate, this take is very very good, aside from some slight timing issue at 0.29, I think it's great!

Let's see now biggrin.gif since your gallop needs a bit more care, I thought this could be a good one to tackle, as it also has some single string lines with a little vibrato implemented wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/beginners_metal_riffing/

Would you like to give this a shot?

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:12 PM