Mystical Sands Collab Final Mix !
Ben Higgins
Oct 2 2012, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Hey Guys, I'd like to share our latest collab, featuring myself, Greg and Gitarrero !!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=610383

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
derper
Oct 3 2012, 03:02 AM
Learning Tone Master
Ahh....too bad I missed that one. I haven't had much time for collabs the last 2 months (gigs, move, wedding, more gigs, full time work) but once I get my "studio" set back up, I'll be back on board for some.

I love the "flavors" and modes that you get to play with over this type of music. I've been experimenting with some runs that would have went well with this.

Great job all!

I also really dig the way you mixed and overlapped the riffs Ben. Great mix!

biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 3 2012, 08:30 AM
Instructor
Indeed! Great mix and collab, Ben! You gave me some ideas for combining takes in future collabs! Thank you! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 3 2012, 09:32 AM
Instructor
Thanks guys !! It's an alternative approach that's good to use every now and again instead of just playing the takes one after the other smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 3 2012, 06:24 PM
Instructor
That's a cool composition guys!! I really enjoyed what you played on this one. And I have to say that if the tones would be closer in quality this could be a cool instrumental guitar single! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
derper
Oct 3 2012, 06:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
Gab....you may be onto something!!

I wonder if, for just one collab, you could "require" all of the players to use the same tone settings so it would mix together more "seamlessly"?

Why is everyone named Gabriel such a genius?!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 3 2012, 10:24 AM) *
That's a cool composition guys!! I really enjoyed what you played on this one. And I have to say that if the tones would be closer in quality this could be a cool instrumental guitar single! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 3 2012, 08:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Oct 3 2012, 06:38 PM) *
Why is everyone named Gabriel such a genius?!! tongue.gif

Like Thomas Gabriel ? biggrin.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 4 2012, 08:28 AM
Instructor
Ummm, Ben, who's that dude? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 4 2012, 09:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 4 2012, 08:28 AM) *
Ummm, Ben, who's that dude? laugh.gif

The evil bad guy from Die Hard 4 !! cool.gif

He also played Agent 47 in the movie 'Hitman' ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 4 2012, 09:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 4 2012, 08:27 AM) *
The evil bad guy from Die Hard 4 !! cool.gif

He also played Agent 47 in the movie 'Hitman' ! wink.gif

Oh! Haven't seen any of them so far laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 5 2012, 08:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 4 2012, 09:41 PM) *
Oh! Haven't seen any of them so far laugh.gif

I'm a bit concerned about your level of action movie consumption... there's several mandatory classics that you have not experienced and I think we need to all rally together and help you overcome this obstacle in your life !

laugh.gif

Ok, I've made a thread just for you C-Maestro !!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0#entry610969

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Oct 5 2012, 08:43 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 5 2012, 08:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 5 2012, 07:35 AM) *
I'm a bit concerned about your level of action movie consumption... there's several mandatory classics that you have not experienced and I think we need to all rally together and help you overcome this obstacle in your life !

laugh.gif

Oh brother Ben, I thank you for your support but...what's action movie, precious? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 5 2012, 08:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 5 2012, 08:39 AM) *
Oh brother Ben, I thank you for your support but...what's action movie, precious? laugh.gif

An action movie is what we cool a movie that is full of action.. like car chases, fights, explosions.. Stallone, Schwarzenegger films etc.. although an action movie doesn't have to be a brainless 80's thing. The Bourne Identity and its sequels are a great example of more recent, intelligent action movies ! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Oct 5 2012, 08:48 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 5 2012, 08:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 5 2012, 07:48 AM) *
An action movie is what we cool a movie that is full of action.. like car chases, fights, explosions.. Stallone, Schwarzenegger films etc.. although an action movie doesn't have to be a brainless 80's thing. The Bourne Identity and its sequels are a great example of more recent, intelligent action movies ! smile.gif

tongue.gif What a definition! Oh Ben! Yesterday, before the video chat session, I had a Donut to boost my power up. I felt really weird because of my stomach these days and this whole deal left me a bit week. It felt really good to have something sweet after almost 4 days of no sweets biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 5 2012, 08:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 5 2012, 08:49 AM) *
tongue.gif What a definition! Oh Ben! Yesterday, before the video chat session, I had a Donut to boost my power up. I felt really weird because of my stomach these days and this whole deal left me a bit week. It felt really good to have something sweet after almost 4 days of no sweets biggrin.gif

A perfect example of DONUT POWER !! laugh.gif

I should open a church !! biggrin.gif

'Do you believe in the powah ?? I say, do you belieeeeeeve in the powahhh !! ??'

'I believe ! I believe !!'

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 5 2012, 09:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 5 2012, 07:51 AM) *
A perfect example of DONUT POWER !! laugh.gif

I should open a church !! biggrin.gif

'Do you believe in the powah ?? I say, do you belieeeeeeve in the powahhh !! ??'

'I believe ! I believe !!'

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif U need one last final and most important detail for that biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 5 2012, 11:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 5 2012, 09:30 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif U need one last final and most important detail for that biggrin.gif

What's that ??

I have a faith.. and I have believers. That's all I need.

Just need to find a premises ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 5 2012, 11:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 5 2012, 10:00 AM) *
What's that ??

I have a faith.. and I have believers. That's all I need.

Just need to find a premises ! biggrin.gif

Let's say you're too white tongue.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Oct 5 2012, 11:54 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 5 2012, 08:30 AM) *

A beard?

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 5 2012, 12:06 PM
GMC:er
Great Tone and phrasing Greg, really liked your take!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:12 PM