4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Ben's Guitars
Ben Higgins
Jul 21 2011, 07:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mike RR24 @ Jul 21 2011, 06:14 PM) *
Ben those are awesome. I love the bare wood look. That explorer rocks as well.
I like my Jackson RR24 but I can hardly sit with it. The Ibanez is better cause it will rest perfectly on your leg.
It's a little Dean ML looking. I have a question for you. I bought that Ibanez cause I heard all this talk about how good they are and I wanted an entry level one to try. Do they get alot better in the $1500-$3000 range?? I was thinking of getting a little better one. I bought my daughter one for $500.00 but was kind of cheezy for that price. I say that because if you look at a $500.00 Schectre it is alot nicer I thought. Of course the schectre is heaver. I love the thin body of her IBANEZ. Does the Prestige model get a little better ???

I don't have a lot of experience with Ibanez aside from a few RG's.. I know nothing about the Prestige but I've heard brilliant things about Schecter. There was a thread a while ago by a member about buying a new guitar and he went for a Schecter over an Ibanez and LTD (can't remember where the thread is or who it's by)

Schecters look like they have a bit more substance to me.. but Ibanez's are nice and light (although I don't dig the tone)

I would try and visit a music store with both axes in and feel and hear for yourself because it's a very personal thing smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pikman
Jan 6 2012, 08:46 PM
GMC:er
Beautiful axes Ben! wow man those rock!! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by pikman: Jan 6 2012, 08:47 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 6 2012, 09:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (pikman @ Jan 6 2012, 07:46 PM) *
Beautiful axes Ben! wow man those rock!! smile.gif

Thanks Homey, glad you like 'em ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jan 6 2012, 11:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Ben, does you dad do figureheads too? I'd love to had a custom guitar built, with a figurehead on the bottom wing of the cutout- something like this! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 7 2012, 11:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jan 6 2012, 10:16 PM) *
Hey Ben, does you dad do figureheads too? I'd love to had a custom guitar built, with a figurehead on the bottom wing of the cutout- something like this! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Whatever you meant to include in the post didn't show up sad.gif I imagine it's probably a cool ship masthead thing.. some elgegantly shaped woman ! wink.gif

But no, he's never done anything like that before.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2012, 12:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 7 2012, 10:53 AM) *
Whatever you meant to include in the post didn't show up sad.gif I imagine it's probably a cool ship masthead thing.. some elgegantly shaped woman ! wink.gif

But no, he's never done anything like that before.

biggrin.gif I'd be curious to see the photo SirJamsalot wanted to post!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 7 2012, 12:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2012, 12:07 PM) *
biggrin.gif I'd be curious to see the photo SirJamsalot wanted to post!

I think it was this one.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 7 2012, 12:46 PM
I would trade my rg550 in for one of those woodenstyle jacksons man.
how long did it take him to make one of them ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 7 2012, 03:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jan 7 2012, 11:46 AM) *
I would trade my rg550 in for one of those woodenstyle jacksons man.
how long did it take him to make one of them ?

It varies.. sometimes months, sometimes weeks... to be honest, I don't know !! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
metaldan
Jan 26 2012, 08:44 PM
I custom designed my own headstock but I prefer a traditional 'soloist' shape. Whacky shapes aren't my thing, ya dig? hahah.

You're dad and I have something in common... here is the axe I just built... I am working on her twin now smile.gif

She has different pickups and I've added a sustainer/eq unit instead of a tone knob... but she's getting worked on because I didn't drill the holes for the bridge right and had some tuning stability issues. Once she's back together I'll take new pics.

Hope you don't mind if I show ya...

--------------------
My blog and instructional website

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 26 2012, 08:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (metaldan @ Jan 26 2012, 07:44 PM) *
I custom designed my own headstock but I prefer a traditional 'soloist' shape. Whacky shapes aren't my thing, ya dig? hahah.

You're dad and I have something in common... here is the axe I just built... I am working on her twin now smile.gif

She has different pickups and I've added a sustainer/eq unit instead of a tone knob... but she's getting worked on because I didn't drill the holes for the bridge right and had some tuning stability issues. Once she's back together I'll take new pics.

Hope you don't mind if I show ya...

Wow, she's a beaut ! I love the dragon inlay wink.gif

Is that a flame maple fretboard ?

+Quote Post
metaldan
Jan 26 2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks Ben!
The fretboard is bird's eye maple. Looks much better in person, that pic is kinda blurry...

--------------------
My blog and instructional website

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 26 2012, 09:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (metaldan @ Jan 26 2012, 07:57 PM) *
Thanks Ben!
The fretboard is bird's eye maple. Looks much better in person, that pic is kinda blurry...

Bird's eye.. even nicer ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 27 2012, 05:51 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Wow I didn't know you had 2 same guitars.. smile.gif It reminded me of saying my friends I have 7 very same jeans and I change everyday when I had only one and they were asking why I wore the same jeans always. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 27 2012, 06:49 AM
Truly killer guitars there! Does your Dad sell custom guitars or were these one off jobs just for you? What a cool Dad! If he does do custom guitar work, does he have a web site/price list etc?

When is he going to make you the Samurai sword guitar? Soon!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 27 2012, 10:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jan 27 2012, 04:51 AM) *
Wow I didn't know you had 2 same guitars.. smile.gif It reminded me of saying my friends I have 7 very same jeans and I change everyday when I had only one and they were asking why I wore the same jeans always. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Haha, jeans are so good though aren't they ? wink.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 27 2012, 05:49 AM) *
Truly killer guitars there! Does your Dad sell custom guitars or were these one off jobs just for you? What a cool Dad! If he does do custom guitar work, does he have a web site/price list etc?

When is he going to make you the Samurai sword guitar? Soon!

These ones were just one offs really. He made them because he had some spare parts and wood lying around. He does it mainly through word of mouth and is more of an occasional thing rather than full time so no web site or anything smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
May 30 2012, 05:48 AM
Really cool Soloist style guitars your Dad built. Really like them. I always wanted to own a custom Soloist. You're so lucky Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 30 2012, 09:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ May 30 2012, 05:48 AM) *
Really cool Soloist style guitars your Dad built. Really like them. I always wanted to own a custom Soloist. You're so lucky Ben

Yeah I love these guitars. Just so easy to pick up and play, no messing around smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 11 2012, 12:04 PM
Instructor
Updating this thread with pics of the Epiphone Gothic V I've had for a few years.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jun 11 2012, 01:22 PM
Tone Seeker
Woah !! You have radiators in England. tongue.gif

Just kidding !

Nice axe and good looking thru-neck. But that cable output is in weird place. blink.gif

What are the pick-ups ?

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jun 11 2012, 01:23 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:31 AM