Breaking Strings
The JEM
Jun 25 2007, 02:57 AM
GMC:er
ever break a string while your playing a good song and about to get to your favorite part and you madly start cussing at your guitar. or has it happened in a gig or when your showin off.

when it happened to me i was po'd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my gear :
gibson sg standard ebony finish
roland 30 cube amp
boss ds-1 ultra mod pedal
crybaby 535(i think)
very hard dunlop picks
ernie ball super light strings (the pink package)
and some short skinny fingers attached to my hand

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 25 2007, 03:31 AM
Ive broken a string at a gig before.. lucky for me i broke it at the end of the only riff i used it, and i play with backup so i just had to switch for the next song, but yea it blows smile.gif especially when yer at home and dun have anymore strings and ur like WTF Nooooooo! They need to make indestructable strings smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jun 25 2007, 03:51 AM
Hell yeah!!!

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Jun 25 2007, 03:51 AM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 04:26 AM
it has never happened to me during a gig, but i cant imagine how awful it would be...sad.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jun 25 2007, 05:03 AM
MY 1st string always breaks on times when im banging out full chords... mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 25 2007, 09:48 AM
I break my high E string all the time, when I'm playing home or with my band. I broke a string on a gig a long time ago. It was no problem. I just changed it after the song was done.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 25 2007, 03:14 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Break usually the Low E Before anything, i dont know why....

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 25 2007, 04:54 PM
low e ohmy.gif what the hell are you doing with your guitar to break low e hahah ive never broken that 1 biggrin.gif haha

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 25 2007, 05:23 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I only break it on my ibanez, cause there are Dean Markley Lights, but on my washburn, i hardly ever break a string, cause they are .13 Gauge smile.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 25 2007, 05:53 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 25 2007, 06:23 PM) *
I only break it on my ibanez, cause there are Dean Markley Lights, but on my washburn, i hardly ever break a string, cause they are .13 Gauge smile.gif

Be careful. If you ever do break them, they prolly cut off an arm or a leg biggrin.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 25 2007, 06:29 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jun 25 2007, 04:53 PM) *
Be careful. If you ever do break them, they prolly cut off an arm or a leg biggrin.gif

LOL laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:39 AM