Combo Class
Ryan
Jun 25 2007, 07:24 AM
GMC:er
Ok, here in hutch a few of the guitar teachers i think 2 of them put together this new class. Its called the combo class. You pay 120 dollars, and you get to go and play with many other guitarists, and play like enter the sandman, and everything, and im hoping a lot more harder songs also. And well im gonna join it, because since to be a better guitarist one of the most important thing is to just jam with others. Well im a bedroom guitarist, and i have nobody to play with. And this is my chance to finally get to play with people, adn see how good i really am. GOD i hope i dont suck hahaha, but i was just wondering if anybody has a complete 100% correct GP tab of enter the sandman. Because UG is kinda starting to suck on this!! I cant really find a 100% complete correct tab off of there. Maybe there is one, but i just havent found it yet. I dont want to look like a retard and play it wrong infront of others haha that would suck considering that song is really easy. I know the intro but the chord part is what i dont know. So anybody help me please so i dont look like a fool in front of others!!!!!

p.s. Ill post on how this thing goes, and what other songs we play. Its going to be a good experience for me getting to play with others FINALLY hahah!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 07:49 AM
Well this is the link to the GP Tab that me and my band used to learn the song:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/meta..._guitar_pro.htm

i think its correct, i listen to the song millions of times a day, and it sounds perfect as the tab says. check it out

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 25 2007, 07:54 AM
Ok another question about the tab. Which guitars can i turn off cus theres like 7 guitars for that tab, and well i know for damn sure that theres not 7 guitars in Enter the sandman haha!!! Which ones can i just avoid??

Edit: It look slike they just made doubles of each guitar!!! is that right??

This post has been edited by Ryan: Jun 25 2007, 07:55 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 07:57 AM
yea they made doubles, probably to sound more. But just ignore 1 of Rythm, 1 of Acoustic, and 1 of lead. and a Studio track thats there,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 25 2007, 08:02 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 25 2007, 01:57 AM) *
yea they made doubles, probably to sound more. But just ignore 1 of Rythm, 1 of Acoustic, and 1 of lead. and a Studio track thats there,

Ok cus i found that tab before but i thought it was wrong cus of all those guitars tongue.gif too much noise to me hahh!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 08:11 AM
yea lol, i still dont know why too many tracks in that tab,..but thats the one me and my band used. hope it helps, and good luck in the combo class! Show em how we rock GMC style! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 25 2007, 08:17 AM
Pfff, im gonna try, im gonna slow down a bit, and work on the fundamentals, you know cleanlyness, and basic scales, and just stuff like that....so then i can not be a retard haha, even though i am not to bad at theory I just need to learn how to apply it haha tongue.gif

show them whats up haha, i just wish i have had mastered muting for sweeps. So i can really show them how to rock GMC style haha, or Pavel style, either or hahaha!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 08:20 AM
yea it seems that Sweeping its the first option in the list to show off! But the last one in the list to learn! its so such a hard technique, though i can mute my strings when doing downstrokes sweeps now.

Anyways just dont forget to have fun, playing with others is not also about showing off (which probably is the most important thing tongue.gif ) but also to have fun and learn while doing it! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 25 2007, 08:25 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 25 2007, 02:20 AM) *
yea it seems that Sweeping its the first option in the list to show off! But the last one in the list to learn! its so such a hard technique, though i can mute my strings when doing downstrokes sweeps now.

Anyways just dont forget to have fun, playing with others is not also about showing off (which probably is the most important thing tongue.gif ) but also to have fun and learn while doing it! wink.gif

O I will have fun i want to do it not for showing off, but to play with others, which is one of the best things you can do as a guitarist.

And question. HOW DID YOU FIGURE THAT OUT...I do it very very very very very slowliy and still cannot figure out how to mute going down. I can do it up easily very easily, but going down is very very hard thats what im stuck on!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 25 2007, 01:18 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 25 2007, 03:25 AM) *
O I will have fun i want to do it not for showing off, but to play with others, which is one of the best things you can do as a guitarist.

And question. HOW DID YOU FIGURE THAT OUT...I do it very very very very very slowliy and still cannot figure out how to mute going down. I can do it up easily very easily, but going down is very very hard thats what im stuck on!!!

Move your right palm down as you sweep, always muting the strings just above the one you are playing - takes a while to coordinate with your left hand, but its just practice. It just clicked for me one day, now I am working on speed.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 06:13 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 25 2007, 06:18 AM) *
Move your right palm down as you sweep, always muting the strings just above the one you are playing - takes a while to coordinate with your left hand, but its just practice. It just clicked for me one day, now I am working on speed.

thats right. i use my palm, i make it mute the string i play and then i keep lowering the palm 1 string down meanwhile im sweeping. I can do perfect downstroke sweeps, but my Upstroke sweeps arent very good. So i gotta practice those.

Also, when does your combo class starts?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 25 2007, 08:11 PM
Umm i dont know when it starts, but It should be in the next month. And also on the sweeps. See i know all that. I think its just my hand positioning of my right hand. I have it more at on angle which i cant mute going down that way. But when i have it horizontal ot hte strings i can mute them, but it feels really weird, and awkward!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 25 2007, 01:11 PM) *
Umm i dont know when it starts, but It should be in the next month. And also on the sweeps. See i know all that. I think its just my hand positioning of my right hand. I have it more at on angle which i cant mute going down that way. But when i have it horizontal ot hte strings i can mute them, but it feels really weird, and awkward!!!

well, i guess that if it works even if it feels awkward you should try practcing that way, because if it works, that means that with practice ull master it. And we all know that when we spent time with awkward stuff, it stops being awkward after a while wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 25 2007, 08:48 PM
Yea did i also mention that i play classical style with the guitar between my legs!! Thats probably another reason why i have to change my hand postioning!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:19 AM