Battle Of Remorse On Mystic Highway, (Original)
Vulpine
Nov 8 2012, 07:24 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys heres another instrumental I wrote appreciate the critique in the past it really helped in building this song
Anyway hope you like (I worked hard for this one)

http://soundcloud.com/vulpinetekneq/battle...morse-on-mystic

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 8 2012, 10:16 PM
These keep getting better and better. I think I am most impressed by how fast you create them. I also liked the arrangement with the highs and lows.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 9 2012, 04:34 AM
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 8 2012, 09:16 PM) *
These keep getting better and better. I think I am most impressed by how fast you create them. I also liked the arrangement with the highs and lows.

Hey thanks alot for the kind words I seem to come up with some ideas often while im just messing around or practicing on the guitar late at night but I really needed to work and improve on building around those ideas n actually create a song where its not just me improvising around one idea over a backing track that repeats through out the whole mix

So thanks for the comment I worked hard on this one prolly more so then the others in the past

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Nov 9 2012, 05:03 AM

+Quote Post
enlo22
Nov 9 2012, 05:59 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 8 2012, 06:24 PM) *
Hey guys heres another instrumental I wrote appreciate the critique in the past it really helped in building this song
Anyway hope you like (I worked hard for this one)

http://soundcloud.com/vulpinetekneq/battle...morse-on-mystic

cool stuff man, sound very interesting and "artsy". would fit a drawing video or something very well. There's some parts which confuse me as in beat wise but i love the slow parts with the delay good job.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 9 2012, 11:07 AM
Instructor
Hey Man, nice work.. some good ideas and melodies here ! 3 things I would attend to, if it were me:

1. Change the title.. people will think 'Race with Devil on Spanish Highway' by Al DiMeola which was exactly what I thought.
2. You have a tendency to be very behind the beat with your timing, mainly on riffing.
3. You're playing a minor sounding interval over a major chord at 4.35, which sounds wrong to my ears

Sorry if that sounds too critical but I think this is the sort of feedback you want to help you improve so I hope this helps smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 9 2012, 07:43 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 9 2012, 10:07 AM) *
Hey Man, nice work.. some good ideas and melodies here ! 3 things I would attend to, if it were me:

1. Change the title.. people will think 'Race with Devil on Spanish Highway' by Al DiMeola which was exactly what I thought.
2. You have a tendency to be very behind the beat with your timing, mainly on riffing.
3. You're playing a minor sounding interval over a major chord at 4.35, which sounds wrong to my ears

Sorry if that sounds too critical but I think this is the sort of feedback you want to help you improve so I hope this helps smile.gif

thanks for the crit , regarding the title yea I never heard of that song by Al dimeola but yea Ill change it wouldnt want ppl being reminded of that title is there anyway you or another instructor could remove the "On Mystic highway" part on this title thread just leaving it "Battle of Remorse

as far as the off timing. the way the drum pattern loop was set up , it does that turn around thing at the end of the third meseaure instead of the 4th which made it sound alil off . which I was aware of but didnt know it would be noticable to the listeners but yea thanks for the feed n yea I totally missed that interval thing lol howd I mix major with minor was up too late i think... Thanks alot for the feed

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 9 2012, 07:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 9 2012, 06:43 PM) *
thanks for the crit , regarding the title yea I never heard of that song by Al dimeola but yea Ill change it wouldnt want ppl being reminded of that title is there anyway you or another instructor could remove the "On Mystic highway" part on this title thread just leaving it "Battle of Remorse

as far as the off timing. the way the drum pattern loop was set up , it does that turn around thing at the end of the third meseaure instead of the 4th which made it sound alil off . which I was aware of but didnt know it would be noticable to the listeners but yea thanks for the feed n yea I totally missed that interval thing lol howd I mix major with minor was up too late i think... Thanks alot for the feed

No worries man, hope it helps smile.gif

I wouldn't worry about changing the title here, just on your Soundcloud.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 10 2012, 02:09 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 9 2012, 06:47 PM) *
No worries man, hope it helps smile.gif

hey Ben I had a friend of mine check out the track for some honest feedback and he also mentioned some parts where he showed me the areas where I had gotten alil off beat so I couldnt spot it n u guys were able to. I gotta work on that n also will be getting E-z drummer soon so I hope that helps as well but yea worked hard on this. but yea will try to improve my timing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 10 2012, 11:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 10 2012, 01:09 AM) *
hey Ben I had a friend of mine check out the track for some honest feedback and he also mentioned some parts where he showed me the areas where I had gotten alil off beat so I couldnt spot it n u guys were able to. I gotta work on that n also will be getting E-z drummer soon so I hope that helps as well but yea worked hard on this. but yea will try to improve my timing

I think it probably comes from playing a lot on your own without any percussion or drums. I'm sure I had to make the same adjustments myself smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 10 2012, 02:11 PM
Instructor
Howdy mate, I also think that being critical with yourself can help you on achieving a greater development level and as Ben said, I will also point out the fact that timing is a bit faulty in this recording - how about trying to take care of those riffs and aligning them to the drumbeat first things first? smile.gif Those delay phrases are really cool! I like them a lot, but take care at the delay tempo as well, as it should be coordinated to the drumbeat!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:54 PM