When Spiders Attack Video Collab !
HungryForHeaven
Oct 21 2012, 08:15 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 20 2012, 02:27 PM) *
That's what they all say...

Epic take H !!

I think I'm gonna get my ass kicked on my own collab this month ! cool.gif

Thanks, Ben. You'd better stuff some donuts in your spandexes to protect your behind. tongue.gif

QUOTE (gregc1 @ Oct 20 2012, 04:35 PM) *
Mother of God. This collab is ridiculously good!

H4H, awesome as usual brother.

Thank you, mate. Can we expect a take from you, too?

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Oct 20 2012, 06:04 PM) *
nice !
when in doubt - put in as many notes as possible cool.gif

Exactly, can't go wrong! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 21 2012, 09:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (squonk @ Oct 20 2012, 08:22 PM) *
Ok Here it is. Sorry about the quality.

THANKS!

Excellent work - nothing wrong with this !! Great to have you on the collab ! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Oct 21 2012, 10:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi guys, I like your videos.
Much of it reminds me of the sound in the later Dio albums, which I like a lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 21 2012, 02:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
well, Ben, its geting closer

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 21 2012, 02:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Oct 21 2012, 02:24 PM) *
well, Ben, its geting closer

Good stuff, man. Some of the busier runs are a bit messy, perhaps simplify things even more. I'd rather hear a good melody more than anything so don't feel you gotta cram in fast runs ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Oct 21 2012, 08:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys! Here's my humble take for this crazy collab. Really looking forward to the final product here. Have a good one!

Ben, I'll get my video sent over to you as well.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  spidersattack.mp3 ( 770.61K ) Number of downloads: 124
Attached File  spidersattack_dry.mp3 ( 766.94K ) Number of downloads: 103

--------------------

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Oct 21 2012, 08:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Oct 21 2012, 07:45 PM) *
Hey guys! Here's my humble take for this crazy collab. Really looking forward to the final product here. Have a good one!

Oh yes, this is brilliant! The intro is sick, your tone is so smooth, the whammied chords at the end are awesome. Well done, man.

This post has been edited by HungryForHeaven: Oct 21 2012, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
squonk
Oct 21 2012, 10:43 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 21 2012, 08:29 AM) *
Excellent work - nothing wrong with this !! Great to have you on the collab ! cool.gif

Thanks for the kind words Ben. There have been some surprisingly good submissions. My hats off to everyone. Looks Like I better hit the woodshed to keep up with some of these guys!.
Squonk

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 22 2012, 02:13 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Man there are somegreat takes here and an awesome backing Ben thanks!
I recorded this one with the thought it would just be a referance for what I wanted to do for a final take, but after listening to it a few times I thought it had a certain rawness that I liked so I just went with it, even though it is a little bit sloppy and has a few accidentals.
If I can find the time I may redo it or make another one. This is the first time I got something halfway decent on the first take. tongue.gif
No spiders were harmed in the making of this video. biggrin.gif

PS: Aparently my files are too big to upload somehow so I will have to put them on some file sharing site I guess,Not sure why they are too big as I have never had a problem in the past.Anyways I will post a link to them when I have found a good file sharing site, any recomendations?

PSS: I just noticed Jstcrsn's attached file is 11.65 MB. The largest file I have is only 4.87 MB. What gives?

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Oct 22 2012, 02:26 AM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 22 2012, 03:21 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
PS again laugh.gif : I figured it out I think , just had to manage my attachments in my controls page, it was 99% full! tongue.gif

[attachment=29291:spiders_nb.mp3]
[attachment=29290:spiders.mp3]
[attachment=29289:spiders.wmv]

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Oct 22 2012, 03:24 AM

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Oct 22 2012, 06:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (squonk @ Oct 20 2012, 07:22 PM) *
Ok Here it is. Sorry about the quality.

Hey squonk, I don't think we have "met". Some great rocky stuff in there. I was gonna ask what you use for your excellent tone, but figured out at the end of the video that we are using the same amp model. smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 22 2012, 01:13 AM) *
I recorded this one with the thought it would just be a referance for what I wanted to do for a final take, but after listening to it a few times I thought it had a certain rawness that I liked so I just went with it, even though it is a little bit sloppy and has a few accidentals.
If I can find the time I may redo it or make another one. This is the first time I got something halfway decent on the first take. tongue.gif

PS: Aparently my files are too big to upload somehow so I will have to put them on some file sharing site I guess,Not sure why they are too big as I have never had a problem in the past.Anyways I will post a link to them when I have found a good file sharing site, any recomendations?

Man, the great posts for this collab just keep coming, don't they! And the first take?? You should be punished somehow! laugh.gif

I used RapidShare before, which worked well but I found it somewhat difficult to use (that might be just me though). Now I have DropBox, which is very convenient. Just in case you want to avoid filling your attachment quota again. smile.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Oct 22 2012, 07:13 AM
Tone Seeker
Hah Ben boy ! You should team up with someone or you gonna get a massive guitar beat down ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Oct 22 2012, 07:14 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 22 2012, 09:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Oct 21 2012, 08:45 PM) *

Ben, I'll get my video sent over to you as well.

Oh yes, a classic offering from the Greg Master !! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 22 2012, 02:13 AM) *

Hot damn ! A ripping take from the Alaskan cool.gif

I really like the way you use the whammy for vibrato, like George Lynch, Adrian Smith etc. I always thought it was a really effective and easy technique to use and don't understand why more people with whammy enabled guitars don't do it more often smile.gif

QUOTE (WeePee @ Oct 22 2012, 07:13 AM) *
Hah Ben boy ! You should team up with someone or you gonna get a massive guitar beat down ph34r.gif

I think you're right. I'm gonna pick up the phone and see if MAB is around... ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Oct 22 2012, 02:52 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Oct 21 2012, 07:55 PM) *
Oh yes, this is brilliant! The intro is sick, your tone is so smooth, the whammied chords at the end are awesome. Well done, man.

Thanks H, I appreciate it man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 22 2012, 10:18 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Oct 21 2012, 09:53 PM) *
Man, the great posts for this collab just keep coming, don't they! And the first take?? You should be punished somehow! laugh.gif

I used RapidShare before, which worked well but I found it somewhat difficult to use (that might be just me though). Now I have DropBox, which is very convenient. Just in case you want to avoid filling your attachment quota again. smile.gif

Thanks Hungry! Rapid share, thats the one I couldn't think of, I have a photobucket account but I guess you can't put mp3's on there,Gonna check out dropbox too
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 22 2012, 12:19 AM) *
Hot damn ! A ripping take from the Alaskan cool.gif
I really like the way you use the whammy for vibrato, like George Lynch, Adrian Smith etc. I always thought it was a really effective and easy technique to use and don't understand why more people with whammy enabled guitars don't do it more often smile.gif

Thanks much Ben! I think I am going to redo this today since I have some time,I also thought of something to add to it as well.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 22 2012, 11:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
this is all i got , video will come as soon as i can figure out how to set this up

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 23 2012, 12:03 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Take 2, double the spiders! biggrin.gif

[attachment=29308:Spiders2.wmv]
[attachment=29309:spiders2.mp3]
[attachment=29310:spiders2nb.mp3]

+Quote Post
squonk
Oct 23 2012, 12:32 AM
GMC:er
Attached File  video_2012_10_19_14_57_37.mp4 ( 1.52MB ) Number of downloads: 86
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 21 2012, 08:29 AM) *

Hey Ben Try this!

H4H Nice to meet you too. Yours shreds bud. I love it. Everyone here has really put up some great stuff. Maybe one of these days i'll get my fat stumps of fingers moving that fast!
Yeah I used GR3. If you want the patch I'll be happy to send it to you. Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to see it finished.

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Oct 22 2012, 05:53 AM) *
Hey squonk, I don't think we have "met". Some great rocky stuff in there. I was gonna ask what you use for your excellent tone, but figured out at the end of the video that we are using the same amp model. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Christophe
Oct 23 2012, 01:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 23 2012, 01:03 AM) *
Take 2, double the spiders! biggrin.gif

[attachment=29308:Spiders2.wmv]
[attachment=29309:spiders2.mp3]
[attachment=29310:spiders2nb.mp3]

Awesome take AkRich, I really love your tone !

I don't know where you guys are finding those licks, I can't barely find a "top-sounding" lick in my whole solo.

However I don't hear anything Hard Rock-ish sound in all your takes people biggrin.gif Maybe am I wrong ? This wouldn't surprise me ^^

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 23 2012, 01:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
this is my first attempt at video , I don't know what I need to pm you with ben , please let me know

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:01 PM