7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Had My Tracking Chip Installed
Mertay
Apr 18 2021, 07:53 PM
GMC:er
I read this today; https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/01/health/c...ects/index.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2021, 04:00 AM
I am finding this out to be true the hard way smile.gif I thought it would be about the same for both shots but no it's worse on the second for me at least. My sister seems to be doing better. Both of us have covid arm (pain/swelling) but I'm a bit more achey and brain fogged. Should ease up now it's been 3 days. i have not heard of it lasting more than a few days. some great advice from mertay and connection with migranes which I had not even thought about.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 18 2021, 02:36 PM) *
Update after vaccinations. Our nurse informed us when we went in, that in most cases the reactions are worse after the 2nd vaccination and that was the case for Stacie and I. On the day after, we both experienced tiredness, body aches and occasional nausea and our arms were sore again. My reactions were fairly mild but it was worse for Stacie. Her arm was more sore than after the first shot and was a bit bruised looking and slightly swollen and she stayed in bed for most of the day due to the other symptoms. We both still felt a bit run down and achy with occasional nausea on the 2nd day after the shots but were feeling better overall, and by the 3rd day (today) we are pretty much back to normal, although Stacie's arm is still just a bit sore.
To help with the reactions to the vaccinations, our nurse told us to be sure and drink plenty of water afterwards.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 6 2021, 10:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Got my second shot today, and I've been feeling somewhat tired and drowsy, but I can't tell if it's because of the vaccine or just a general thing smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 6 2021, 11:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've got my second Jan on 13th May smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 7 2021, 03:47 AM
It was a rough one for me. Some folks get more side effects. Just rest a bit til you feel better smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 6 2021, 05:54 PM) *
Got my second shot today, and I've been feeling somewhat tired and drowsy, but I can't tell if it's because of the vaccine or just a general thing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 7 2021, 03:51 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 7 2021, 04:47 AM) *
It was a rough one for me. Some folks get more side effects. Just rest a bit til you feel better smile.gif

Took a 4 hour nap, then a shower and I'm feeling a lot better now. Less tired smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 7 2021, 10:58 AM
Not only EU and USA but China and Russia too almost suddenly dropped their vaccine supply distribution 1-2 weeks ago around the world and slowly gaining criticism.

My guess is they foresaw a "spring wave" which happened last year and took the step of preventing it by keeping supply to themselves. As a result we see a huge increase in Asia (specially India is a nightmare) and things not getting any better in South America (and no one speaks of Africa...) despite summer is nearing and people are more outdoors right now.

But specially after June (when EU, USA etc. nears 70% vaccination) finally a "Global" battle against Covid will begin, also around Fall other countries will start making their own vaccines.

The only risk left is mutations as we know for example no current vaccine is effective against the South African variant and there's a lot of unknowns about the dual-mutated India'n variant. So depending on the mutations we'll see how much we can go back to normal on the long run.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 7 2021, 08:35 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ May 7 2021, 12:58 AM) *
The only risk left is mutations as we know for example no current vaccine is effective against the South African variant and there's a lot of unknowns about the dual-mutated India'n variant. So depending on the mutations we'll see how much we can go back to normal on the long run.

I think that may be old news. What I have read in recent news contradicts the claim that no vaccine is effective against the S.African variant and that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are only slightly less effective in recent studies except for in RARE cases where they are not effective.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01222-5

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/05/health/c...e-variants.html

https://www.biospace.com/article/pfizer-bio...-covid-19-news/

Also, Moderna has a revised vaccine that targets the S.African variant and is also effective against the Brazilian variant.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-...derna-variants/

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 7 2021, 09:19 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 7 2021, 07:35 PM) *

I have hope on revisions for mutations but that will take time. Mean while despite supporting vaccination, sometimes I feel because some people spread false bad word that damages the efforts, some may spread overly good to compensate those... for example Russia and China are known to not report some side-effects as recently proven by EU tests, which doesn't mean EU companies are an open book...

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 7 2021, 09:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 11 2021, 04:12 AM
We are not out of the woods yet. CDC still has restrictions on just about everything but it's way better than it was in most places. However, BRAZIL is still in a very bad way and INDIA is on the brink of collapse. It's places like this where covid runs rampant and we are likely to get variants that we are not ready for. Our governer lifted the mask mandate for florida sadly. I still wear mind in public.

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 7 2021, 04:19 PM) *
I have hope on revisions for mutations but that will take time. Mean while despite supporting vaccination, sometimes I feel because some people spread false bad word that damages the efforts, some may spread overly good to compensate those... for example Russia and China are known to not report some side-effects as recently proven by EU tests, which doesn't mean EU companies are an open book...

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 11 2021, 02:53 PM
People living in the poorer areas in India cannot find wood to cremate their loved ones anymore, so bodies started to appear (about 100 currently) on the Ganges river...

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 11 2021, 02:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 13 2021, 04:58 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ May 11 2021, 02:53 PM) *
People living in the poorer areas in India cannot find wood to cremate their loved ones anymore, so bodies started to appear (about 100 currently) on the Ganges river...

It is a very tragic situation over there sad.gif

Just had my second jab, let's how I sail through it like the last one.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 13 2021, 06:49 PM
I'm done with both now (Pfizer).
No real issues. I had a headache after the second one for a day and a half.

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 13 2021, 07:56 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ May 13 2021, 06:49 PM) *
I'm done with both now (Pfizer).
No real issues. I had a headache after the second one for a day and a half.

I had a headache for a day and a half before mine wacko.gif laugh.gif All work-related stress though, let's see what happens smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 13 2021, 10:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
well ,for what it is worth the CDC says fully vaccinated people don't need masks

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 13 2021, 10:47 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ May 13 2021, 09:28 PM) *
well ,for what it is worth the CDC says fully vaccinated people don't need masks

I have relatives getting sick despite being vaccinated, a while later their 2nd shot. Wife had it very light but the husband stayed in bed, was told he suffered a bit but not bad enough to be hospitalized (men are know to have it worse, specially if testosterone level is high). The husband got it from his assistant.

Though not high alert like we used to, its still a good idea to keep some distance to people and not enter closed+crowded spaces if we don't have to. Personally, I'll only totally relax when an effective medicine will be developed.

Edit:

PS; Likely because I live in a 3rd world country and don't trust the government, the moment I read that new mask rule thought it was for subliminally convincing non-vaccers to vaccinate...

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 13 2021, 11:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 14 2021, 05:03 AM
It's still possible to get sick even after the two week period of your second shot. It's certainly possible to get sick just before or just after the second shot. however, some people are getting bad symptoms right after the second shot almost as if they were ill. the good news is, in those cases, it's just symptoms from the vaccination, it's not actually the illness.

It sounds like some folks you know got sick before being fully vaxed? I sure felt like I'd gotten covid but the doctor told me to just relax and give it a week tops. So that's what I did. Hit me like a train.

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 13 2021, 05:47 PM) *
I have relatives getting sick despite being vaccinated, a while later their 2nd shot. Wife had it very light but the husband stayed in bed, was told he suffered a bit but not bad enough to be hospitalized (men are know to have it worse, specially if testosterone level is high). The husband got it from his assistant.

Though not high alert like we used to, its still a good idea to keep some distance to people and not enter closed+crowded spaces if we don't have to. Personally, I'll only totally relax when an effective medicine will be developed.

Edit:

PS; Likely because I live in a 3rd world country and don't trust the government, the moment I read that new mask rule thought it was for subliminally convincing non-vaccers to vaccinate...

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 14 2021, 08:50 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 14 2021, 04:03 AM) *

The % efficiencies of vaccines aren't solid numbers cause most when that % was measured not many mutations were around. Sinovac for example when first measured had only 50% in one country but recently got %97 from another.

I see it more like solution for zeroing deaths/hospitalizations rather than complete protection, and its the hospitalizations (blockage of health system) where governments were afraid of.

Edit; By the way, my comments doesn't suggest any negativity to vaccination.

Actually because covid will be something like the common cold (common but not very dangerous) hopefully someday cause of these vaccines, non-vaccer's are in bigger danger than ever the more things normalize until medication can be found for a real cure.

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 14 2021, 11:08 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 14 2021, 09:32 AM
Well all I have is that my shoulder feels like it's been hit by Mike Tyson, the woman did force the juice in a lot quicker than the last time though, I felt it surging in under pressure, maybe that's caused a bit of local trauma.

Feel fine otherwise smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 14 2021, 02:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mertay @ May 13 2021, 10:47 PM) *

Edit:

so this is my issue , so now we don't trust the science. This is why I can not get it yet. The science says one thing everybody gets the shot, then the science says another and everyone says I'm leaving my mask on. Funny how I get called a 'science denier' which I can handle, but for now I am just never gonna believe the government

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:30 AM