5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Gmc Price Adjustment
-Zion-
Aug 14 2009, 06:54 PM
Learning Roadie
i must say that 29 dollars a months is quite a lot of money, and i honestly think it would have kept me from signing up in the first place.. so i am grateful and lucky to be able to keep the fee as it is now..

it's a bit sad that this is something that has to happen since this is such an awesome community..

btw.. what happens when my creditcard expires or get stolen and i have to get a new one?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Aug 14 2009, 06:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks a lot for keeping the old price for old members Kris , thats very nice from you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Pio Jr.
Aug 14 2009, 07:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks that I could keep the same fee. If I was a new member I shouldn't be able to pay $30 month.
So I'm glad I already in because GMC is great.

This post has been edited by Pio Jr.: Aug 14 2009, 07:22 PM

--------------------
Guitartonemaster.com - +2500 free guitar jam- & backing tracks -
All styles (Blues, Rock, Metal, Ballad, Reggae, Jazz, Acoustic, Funk,...) -
Backing Tracks: Top 10 Backing Tracks

+Quote Post
Mario87
Aug 14 2009, 08:52 PM
GMC:er
Well bussines is not about raising the prices to see what happens, so I believe they must have some data, stats and/or reasons to raise the price with some confidence about it.

Keeping the old prices for old customers is cool in two ways:

1. You reward somewhat your loyal and veteran customers

2. You probably will keep a lot of current accounts suscribed for a long time so people can avoid paying 3 times more. That should put a bit less risk into the changue.

But in my opinion, the raise could have been more gradually done and it could coincide with some jump in service quality as some new series lessons, new systems, redesing of some process, Kris doing more GuitarTube funny lessons biggrin.gif or something like that (We saw a new "nice look" and options for the web being developed I remember), to make the changue less "unpopular".

With that being said, I dont think I could/would be willing to pay the new prices, so I hope I can keep my account running smile.gif

+Quote Post
kahall
Aug 15 2009, 03:34 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Aug 14 2009, 09:53 AM) *
All that money from the government bailout and this is how you repay us?*

*this joke will only make sense to the US members of this forum.

We need a new guitar lesson tax. Even if you do not play guitar you must help those who do want to play. It is the only fair thing to do. Every one deserves guitar lessons if they want them. It is a right. It's in the constitution..Look it up. heh!

I do think tripling the price is a bit much but I'm a lifer, and will be here until the site shuts down *shudder* or I'm on the wrong side of the dirt.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 15 2009, 09:17 AM
Instructor
GMC has lots of quality things to offer and I think price adjustment is fair. Whenever I told people about GMC and price, everybody was shocked. Shocked to extent that they started feeling something must be wrong when subscription is too low smile.gif
REC, new MTP, Collaborations, Lessons, Virtual bands, Competitions, Chat and 24/7 support from instructors... I really think this is worth a lot more. Hope we won't loose members because of price adjustment wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
Aug 15 2009, 04:55 PM
Well, there is nodoubt that the material on the site has grown very fast. I think the price raise is justified. But, I would recommend the following:

A first time, subscription should have a subsidized rate. for eg: For new members, the first three months it can be 15 or 20 dollars per month and then you can carry on from increased rate if you like the service. This will ensure that u will not hamper the signup of new members.

Or may be the referrals should provide such a rate for first three months.

Just an advise to GMC mgmt.

This post has been edited by newguyatgmc: Aug 15 2009, 04:56 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 15 2009, 05:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (newguyatgmc @ Aug 15 2009, 05:55 PM) *
Well, there is nodoubt that the material on the site has grown very fast. I think the price raise is justified. But, I would recommend the following:

A first time, subscription should have a subsidized rate. for eg: For new members, the first three months it can be 15 or 20 dollars per month and then you can carry on from increased rate if you like the service. This will ensure that u will not hamper the signup of new members.

Or may be the referrals should provide such a rate for first three months.

Just an advise to GMC mgmt.

There are some flaws to that though.

One could sign up for 3 months with the "low cost", then just make a new account for 3 new months etc.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Wabba
Aug 15 2009, 05:29 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 15 2009, 05:22 PM) *

One could sign up for 3 months with the "low cost", then just make a new account for 3 new months etc.

But again, what if you couldn't acces all features with that 'cheap' membership.

For an example:

No forum account, gps, tabs, cover lessons.. and so on smile.gif And bookmarks reset if you do a new account.

+Quote Post
Frederik
Aug 15 2009, 05:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 15 2009, 06:22 PM) *

couldnt you just register the ip to solve that problem?
(not that im know alot about this)

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 15 2009, 05:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Wabba @ Aug 15 2009, 06:29 PM) *
But again, what if you couldn't acces all features with that 'cheap' membership.

For an example:

No forum account, gps, tabs, cover lessons.. and so on smile.gif And bookmarks reset if you do a new account.

But then again you wouldn't know what you were signing up for with the full price if you don't get to see it! laugh.gif

The work around could be limited access as in "you can only access X n-amount of times", so you actually get to see, what you are signing up to. I don't know really. Computer-stuff like this is not my strong point, seeing what I think is flaws in ideas (without having better ideas myself) is probably more of a strong point! laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Aug 15 2009, 05:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Frederik @ Aug 15 2009, 06:30 PM) *
couldnt you just register the ip to solve that problem?
(not that im know alot about this)

No, the IP address is not personal and a lot of different people can be affected by one IP ban.

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
xplicit97
Aug 15 2009, 09:50 PM
Seems like money brings debate (as always, lol;))
Most people are right, GMC was great AND cheap
and guitar is already an ULTRAexpensive hobby biggrin.gif
But I guess I shouldn't discuss those things...

+Quote Post
Wabba
Aug 15 2009, 10:19 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 15 2009, 05:35 PM) *
But then again you wouldn't know what you were signing up for with the full price if you don't get to see it! laugh.gif

The work around could be limited access as in "you can only access X n-amount of times", so you actually get to see, what you are signing up to. I don't know really. Computer-stuff like this is not my strong point, seeing what I think is flaws in ideas (without having better ideas myself) is probably more of a strong point! laugh.gif

Hmm... I don't know how other people feel, but i hate those "you have only x uses left". So IF there would be such a system, you should at least get, let's say 3 more uses per week. But otherwise this way sounds pretty working smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Aug 15 2009, 11:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Do I sense an increasing tension in GMC's population ?

SIRE ! The peasants are revolting ! biggrin.gif

I fully understand that $20 for 3 months is like celebrating Christmas every day of the year, but I have a pretty bad feeling about the site's popularity if the price were to TRIPLE. Yes, the site has grown over the past 2-3 years, but so has the MEMBERS count... Logically, as the site gets bigger (increasing fees/outcome), the popularity grows, resulting in a higher number of members, in which case a higher income is implicit...

Again, I have spent many years with private instructors for both piano and guitar, and I appreciate what GMC is doing. Researching "on my own" - 24/7 availability - has proved a way to learn much more than 20 minutes a week with incompetent instructors.

Finally, I think the site does have the right to an increased fee, but in my opinion, better publicity and ultimately exploiting countries like China (who according to another forum post, is experiencing a pretty big cultural wave of guitar playing) would let this community acquire plenty of new members who will help finance GMC's activity. If such a member-count explosion were to take place, I am sure you could lower the prices again for an even higher member-count.

Oh, one positive thing about the fee's multiplication ! My dad will never even think about cancelling my subscription, since he would never get back to the lovely old fee... wink.gif

This post has been edited by Alexiaden93: Aug 15 2009, 11:36 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 16 2009, 09:20 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Aug 16 2009, 12:18 AM) *
I fully understand that $20 for 3 months is like celebrating Christmas every day of the year, but I have a pretty bad feeling about the site's popularity if the price were to TRIPLE.

+1! I looked around, if I had to pay 30 $ a month, I could get other lessons 3 times cheaper!! And (sorry to say) those lessons would come from sites that look more professional then GMC! That doesn't mean they're better, but they'll attract members more easily! Ofcourse they don't have a cool community like this, but newcomer don't care about that! Isn't it possible to slow down a bit on lessons and save money with that? I'm not really aware of any of GMC's financials, but maybe decreasing some of the expenses could also work??

sorry to mix in things, non of my business, I'm just afraid that GMC might get a BIG community loss with those prices!

QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Aug 16 2009, 12:18 AM) *
Finally, I think the site does have the right to an increased fee, but in my opinion, better publicity and ultimately exploiting countries like China (who according to another forum post, is experiencing a pretty big cultural wave of guitar playing) would let this community acquire plenty of new members who will help finance GMC's activity. If such a member-count explosion were to take place, I am sure you could lower the prices again for an even higher member-count.

Alex..... great words tongue.gif True!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
wrk
Aug 16 2009, 09:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Somehow the association pops up in my mind to upgrade a prepaid mobile to a business phone contract .. laugh.gif ... i just hope that this upgrade will not automatically rise the average age of members as well wink.gif

Having said this, i still think it's a good deal for what we get in return !!!

+Quote Post
sted
Aug 16 2009, 10:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hmmmm...

Im not so sure about the value of such a big increase, it puts GMC into a whole other market in my opinion. Whilst I think the forums are unequivocally the best on the net, I'm finding myself using only a few of the instructors lessons so it doesnt seem to represent the value it did before. Sure, if I used every lesson that came out it would but who does?
Maybe Kris should consider "one off" prices for specific lessons, personally I find myself searching for more specific lessons more and more which means I look elsewhere than GMC because the GMC format tries to encompass everything under one fee, I would be surprised if I try and learn one lesson a month at the moment because I have very clear goals of what I want to achieve.
This is clearly a business decision by the management and I respect anyone with the drive and committment to make something like this work, however GMC must be able to offer flexibility or it will lose out to its competitors that offer multiple solutions.

+Quote Post
edguy
Aug 17 2009, 07:41 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (sted @ Aug 16 2009, 11:22 AM) *
Hmmmm...

Im not so sure about the value of such a big increase, it puts GMC into a whole other market in my opinion. Whilst I think the forums are unequivocally the best on the net, I'm finding myself using only a few of the instructors lessons so it doesnt seem to represent the value it did before. Sure, if I used every lesson that came out it would but who does?
Maybe Kris should consider "one off" prices for specific lessons, personally I find myself searching for more specific lessons more and more which means I look elsewhere than GMC because the GMC format tries to encompass everything under one fee, I would be surprised if I try and learn one lesson a month at the moment because I have very clear goals of what I want to achieve.
This is clearly a business decision by the management and I respect anyone with the drive and committment to make something like this work, however GMC must be able to offer flexibility or it will lose out to its competitors that offer multiple solutions.

Wow great post and wise words. I think there is nothing to add.

This post has been edited by edguy: Aug 17 2009, 07:42 AM

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Aug 17 2009, 05:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (sted @ Aug 16 2009, 11:22 AM) *
Hmmmm...

Flexibility is indeed a good word to use. However, giving one single option of payment could be a bit annoying for some members, and of course, high constant prices every month could agitate those who aren't as active as the others...

For me, the full payment works the best, as I draw inspiration from almost every feature on GMC, especially collaborations, REC and chat (and very many video lessons) ! smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:33 AM