3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Awesome Website For All Gmcers!
Rated Htr
Feb 6 2009, 10:43 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Already had it in my favs but still nice to remember and show to others smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 7 2009, 12:13 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Thanks for sharing mate smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 7 2009, 12:29 AM
Instructor
What a cool site smile.gif Thanks for the link!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
EricGhart
Feb 7 2009, 12:39 AM
GMC:er
Awesome site, man. Thanks for showing us this smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 7 2009, 02:26 AM
Instructor
You welcome guys !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 7 2009, 02:42 AM
awesome... thanks i need all the theory help i can get

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mandos
Feb 7 2009, 07:22 AM
It's an awesome site that I use every now and again.

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 7 2009, 02:25 PM
Instructor
15 minutes a day will greatly improve your skills. Everything more than hour in the beginning is a lot , so try not to overdo it when starting wink.gif{

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Feb 7 2009, 02:30 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
That's a great website, I often use the ear trainer for intervals too smile.gif

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 7 2009, 02:40 PM
15 minutes a day it is... Im just using it for the guitar trainer so eventually i wont have to count the notes to get to a certain note... thanks

I dont know how to read music so the other stuff wont help

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 7 2009, 02:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Feb 7 2009, 02:40 PM) *
15 minutes a day it is... Im just using it for the guitar trainer so eventually i wont have to count the notes to get to a certain note... thanks

I dont know how to read music so the other stuff wont help

I was referring to Ear Training 15 minutes a day smile.gif

I think there is Music notation trainer as well. It covers all the notes on in music staff , except ledger lines above and beyond. You can also choose if you want G clef or Bass clef smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 7 2009, 02:44 PM
It is quite helpful with the notes for anyone who doesnt know every note on the fretboard.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 7 2009, 02:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Feb 7 2009, 02:44 PM) *
It is quite helpful with the notes for anyone who doesnt know every note on the fretboard.

I agree !
You can definitely learn guitar neck faster with those pop up quiz types. Good thing about it is you can select fret range when studying, so you don't have to jump in to 12 frets immediately , which makes everything easier in the end smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 7 2009, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Cool website, thanks for sharing Pedja! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Canis
Feb 8 2009, 03:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks a lot for that site! I really need something like that =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 8 2009, 11:07 AM
Instructor
Cool guys, glad you like the site.
Post some test results if you get the chance smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Feb 8 2009, 12:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yay, my interval recognition is getting better... 30% biggrin.gif
That's around 100 corrects and 350 mistakes, though... tongue.gif
Gonna do at least 100 corrects a day!

This post has been edited by Canis: Feb 8 2009, 12:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 8 2009, 12:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Canis @ Feb 8 2009, 12:11 PM) *
Yay, my interval recognition is getting better... 30% biggrin.gif
That's around 100 corrects and 350 mistakes, though... tongue.gif
Gonna do at least 100 corrects a day!

With Ear training I always tell my students to get 100 % or 0%. If its hit or miss type of thing its not good.

Suggestion - select only Unison, Major and Minor 2nds and do 100 examples of that. If you get 100% on that, start adding Major and Minor 3rds to that. When you get 100% on that, add Perfect 4th and Perfect 5th. 100% on that, Augmented 4th/diminished 5th. After that major and minor 6ths, after that major and minor 7ths and finally octave.

Its a process, if you do it this way and get 100% couple of times in a row on each test, you should nail 100% on all intervals both ascending and descending.

One good thing about site is it allows you to play back the example many times!
So use that to your advantage, play it back, sing it out loud, try to find song that matches with interval you are singing and then submit your answer.

Hope that helps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 8 2009, 12:39 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 8 2009, 12:18 PM) *
Suggestion - select only Unison, Major and Minor 2nds and do 100 examples of that. If you get 100% on that, start adding Major and Minor 3rds to that. When you get 100% on that, add Perfect 4th and Perfect 5th. 100% on that, Augmented 4th/diminished 5th. After that major and minor 6ths, after that major and minor 7ths and finally octave.

Its a process, if you do it this way and get 100% couple of times in a row on each test, you should nail 100% on all intervals both ascending and descending.

I've been trying that interval ear trainer for a while, and it seemed so much for me, I never got over 60% etc, but with this suggestion I just tried starting with just unision and major and minor thirds, and I jsut got 50 corrects of 50 intervals, so this might work a bit better laugh.gif

Also, this page is great, I downloaded it and have it on my computer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Feb 9 2009, 05:13 PM
Wow this site is very helpful indeed smile.gif

Thanks for the link, I think I've seen it before somewhere, but I didn't really get it then.
Gonna try harder this time though!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:38 PM