2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Attn: Advanced Players! We Need Someone To Do A Video Of The Intro For Cliffs Of Dover!
Praetorian
Jan 4 2009, 03:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Our intro guy stepped down for the Cliffs of Dover Collab! If you can handle it, sign up and pick up bars 1-22 of the GP file! Look forward to seeing who can tackle this monster!

Ben

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=21748

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 4 2009, 03:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
I can give it a try. I´m just learning the song. tongue.gif But I can promise nothing...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jan 4 2009, 03:36 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 4 2009, 09:34 AM) *
I can give it a try. I´m just learning the song. tongue.gif But I can promise nothing...

Can you get one done quickly? These guys have been waiting a LONG time for everyone to get their videos in!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 4 2009, 03:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 4 2009, 03:34 PM) *

Wao, this one is hard !! Never tried this song but was listening to it a lot.
As Tolek, i will give it a try, but don't promise something as well ... if it's ok?

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 4 2009, 03:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
I´ll try to do it as quick as possible. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gus
Jan 5 2009, 03:56 PM
GMC:er
Can someone please overtake my part too?

Sorry for the incovenience. dry.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jan 5 2009, 04:09 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jan 4 2009, 03:21 PM) *
Our intro guy stepped down for the Cliffs of Dover Collab! If you can handle it, sign up and pick up bars 1-22 of the GP file! Look forward to seeing who can tackle this monster!

Ben

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=21748

If no one else wants it, I can do it..

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 5 2009, 04:23 PM
QUOTE (Gus @ Jan 5 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Can someone please overtake my part too?

Sorry for the incovenience. dry.gif

Am I correct that your part was the 1:00-1:25 in the studio version YT vid you have given in the other thread? I'm gonna try it then a.s.a.p. (maybe it'll need 2 days or so I'm not sure). If anyone has it faster, it's alright, I know what's it like when everybody is eagerly waiting the results...

So I'll need an audio file with BT and my take, an audio file without BT and a vid where I'm playing the part (ofc with BT).

Correct me if not, now I'm off to work
cool.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 5 2009, 04:27 PM
Gus's part ran upto where my part begins if that helps.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jan 5 2009, 04:58 PM
QUOTE (berko @ Jan 5 2009, 10:23 AM) *
Am I correct that your part was the 1:00-1:25 in the studio version YT vid you have given in the other thread? I'm gonna try it then a.s.a.p. (maybe it'll need 2 days or so I'm not sure). If anyone has it faster, it's alright, I know what's it like when everybody is eagerly waiting the results...

So I'll need an audio file with BT and my take, an audio file without BT and a vid where I'm playing the part (ofc with BT).

Correct me if not, now I'm off to work
cool.gif

All you will need is the video clip of you playing the part with the backing track playing in the background. Look forward to seeing it!!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 5 2009, 07:50 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jan 5 2009, 04:58 PM) *
All you will need is the video clip of you playing the part with the backing track playing in the background. Look forward to seeing it!!

O.K

EDIT: for video format, is it ok to make it into avi? I'm running a Mac and I'm not sure how to create the media player file in Final Cut Pro...

This post has been edited by berko: Jan 5 2009, 07:55 PM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Dreamcatcher
Jan 5 2009, 07:55 PM
I pretty much have the intro down easy but does the intro have a backing...isnt the silence on the backing for the intro?
if someone else is on it thats totally cool....I'm around if ya need me smile.gif

This post has been edited by Dreamcatcher: Jan 5 2009, 07:57 PM

--------------------
" Free Your Mind and Your Axe Will Follow" Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jan 5 2009, 08:08 PM
QUOTE (Dreamcatcher @ Jan 5 2009, 01:55 PM) *
I pretty much have the intro down easy but does the intro have a backing...isnt the silence on the backing for the intro?
if someone else is on it thats totally cool....I'm around if ya need me smile.gif

Check the original thread for the backing...I think there is a little backing still considered the intro part. Take whever the bars were for Tjchep...I think it was 1-22 of the GP file. The file is also in the thread.

QUOTE (berko @ Jan 5 2009, 01:50 PM) *
O.K

EDIT: for video format, is it ok to make it into avi? I'm running a Mac and I'm not sure how to create the media player file in Final Cut Pro...

avi is what I need! Any mpegs I have to convert anyway, so avi is perfect!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Jan 5 2009, 08:09 PM

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Dreamcatcher
Jan 5 2009, 08:58 PM
here my problem...the intro is doable..however because there is such a large silence...being at the perfect spot when the backing starts up is rather difficult...i would have to be flawless in every tone and execution to be at the right place at the right time really. at block 15 starts the rhythm section of sorts where OC takes it up halfway through..here's my thought..to get the same exact tone for that section would be a nightmare really..what if OC takes it right as that whole section starts at block 15 in gp5 to keep it sounding consistant...do you think this may be a better approach? for me to get the video rolling exactly when the backing starts and the silence begins so that i would end up in the perfect spot for the backing to sound off again is almost (at least for me ) impossible to achieve. I'm not very oriented with much of the mixing stuff or tech side of recording this may be the overall problem i am having

This post has been edited by Dreamcatcher: Jan 5 2009, 09:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 5 2009, 10:16 PM
QUOTE (Dreamcatcher @ Jan 5 2009, 08:58 PM) *
here my problem...the intro is doable..however because there is such a large silence...being at the perfect spot when the backing starts up is rather difficult...i would have to be flawless in every tone and execution to be at the right place at the right time really. at block 15 starts the rhythm section of sorts where OC takes it up halfway through..here's my thought..to get the same exact tone for that section would be a nightmare really..what if OC takes it right as that whole section starts at block 15 in gp5 to keep it sounding consistant...do you think this may be a better approach? for me to get the video rolling exactly when the backing starts and the silence begins so that i would end up in the perfect spot for the backing to sound off again is almost (at least for me ) impossible to achieve. I'm not very oriented with much of the mixing stuff or tech side of recording this may be the overall problem i am having

If I get it right you're main problem is timing. Now OC only does his part from bar (block) 56. Today I signed up to replace Gus, so I'm doing 36-55. As you said, the solo ends at block 15. I don't know who, but somebody already did the first rythm part from 16-35. So that's set.

The BT by Praetorian has a short clicking at the beginning, then silence (that is, as you said too, the place for the solo). Then another shuffle clicking comes in (5 bars if I'm correct: 1 count in and then 4 for the main riff that starts at block 16.)

That is just to make it clear what we are talking about. If you can play the solo, then the recording issue is only a secondary matter and can be solved, because in this case your job is relatively easy: play the solo in time as much as you can and thats it. praetorian will attach the end of the video to the beginning of the next part which is rhythmically precise because the metronome already counts in. (The next vid that follows you will use the count-in block, so you're part is basically from silence to silence, it doesn't really matter when it starts.)

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Dreamcatcher
Jan 5 2009, 10:21 PM
that would be alot simplier for my part anyways i'll try and get that done asap at the latest i'm thinking tommorow evening since its just a mater of getting it into that time frame...my speed on some of it isn't as fast so ill try and work that out and get it in for ya all

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 5 2009, 10:28 PM
You have the hardest job, man, I think praetorian will appreciate your take... (and mine too I hope, as being late to sign up)...

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jan 5 2009, 10:38 PM
Guys...anything you are able to give us will be GREATLY appreciated! This collab has been long overdue and we are thrilled to have you guys step up! The other in the collab have been waiting patiently to see their finished product and this isn't for a competition...it is all for fun anyway!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 5 2009, 10:47 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jan 5 2009, 10:38 PM) *
Guys...anything you are able to give us will be GREATLY appreciated! This collab has been long overdue and we are thrilled to have you guys step up! The other in the collab have been waiting patiently to see their finished product and this isn't for a competition...it is all for fun anyway!

Thanks! I've seen the other entries for this collab and they all are great. I hope I can upload mine tomorrow evening latest (so around this time when the post is published) and I hope I won't mess it up that much. laugh.gif smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Dreamcatcher
Jan 5 2009, 10:50 PM
my part is all learned already just working on the speed an a little harmony with it ..Tommorow you will have my part for sure it after all is the same tune i put in for my beginner mtp submission lol..of course on that take i left in all the goof ups so ..its just a matter of me getting a good take for ya all and hope ya like it

This post has been edited by Dreamcatcher: Jan 5 2009, 10:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:54 PM