Paul Gilbert, Doing maybe some of his most insane string skips!
mhskeide
Feb 16 2010, 01:05 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I bet a lot of you have seen this already, but I guess some haven`t seen this insanety biggrin.gif
I`ve seen it tons of times, blows me out every time!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Feb 16 2010, 07:33 AM
GMC:er
I refuse to think that he's a human being. Hahaha

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Feb 16 2010, 07:42 AM
Something to remember is that's the "get out of my yard" track, played on that particular guitar only. The lower neck has only three strings in total, all tuned to E at a different octave. I wouldn't call this true string skipping.

It's a pretty interesting way to accomplish something that sounds impossible, but between the digital loop pedal and the stringing of that particular instrument it's no longer "impossible" or even inhuman smile.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Damir Puh
Feb 16 2010, 09:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Feb 16 2010, 07:33 AM) *

+1

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 16 2010, 09:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Feb 16 2010, 07:42 AM) *
Something to remember is that's the "get out of my yard" track, played on that particular guitar only. The lower neck has only three strings in total, all tuned to E at a different octave. I wouldn't call this true string skipping.

It's a pretty interesting way to accomplish something that sounds impossible, but between the digital loop pedal and the stringing of that particular instrument it's no longer "impossible" or even inhuman smile.gif

Also, he has a human dampener helping him so his strings doesn't ring out smile.gif Now that's not necesarily cheating, but it's definately a help smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Damir Puh
Feb 16 2010, 09:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 16 2010, 09:33 AM) *
Also, he has a human dampener helping him so his strings doesn't ring out smile.gif Now that's not necesarily cheating, but it's definately a help smile.gif

That's actually a human capo. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AdamB
Feb 16 2010, 09:47 AM
Yea I think the other guy is actually fretting, like a movable automatic capo hehe. I remember watching an interview with PG where he talked about that, him and his bass player do that live sometimes apparently. That'd be awesome to see.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 16 2010, 09:50 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Damir Puh @ Feb 16 2010, 09:43 AM) *
That's actually a human capo. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif watching the video now, you're right. I saw it ages ago and remembered a person standing there.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 16 2010, 03:05 PM
Instructor
It's not as difficult as it may sound, but PG is one creative person, and know how to make things interesting wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 16 2010, 05:36 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pretty awesome!!
Didn't know he had three arms though! laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Feb 16 2010, 08:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Feb 16 2010, 03:33 AM) *

hahahaha!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 19 2010, 02:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Feb 16 2010, 06:33 AM) *

hahaha good one smile.gif I remember thinking of his playing as something totaly out of this planet. He is really a monster on the guitar

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:16 PM