Wierd Question...
Tyler Holmes
Jul 22 2008, 11:09 PM
GMC:er
This question is kinda odd but it has been bugging me ever sence i started playing guitar.
Some of my fingers are curved, especialy my pinkts huh.gif, when i am playing guitar i have to play on the sides of them. i was wondering of this could be aproblem in my later guitar days? it does not seem to be holding me back now, im becoming a better guitarist every day. blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jul 22 2008, 11:12 PM
I would say ignore it then, we need to understand that everyone is different tongue.gif If it's comfortable, go with it! smile.gif
Cheers,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 22 2008, 11:16 PM
my finger are a little curved too, my first and pinky finger. its not a huge curve so it doesnt effect anything but if it does ill just adjust my finger. its no big deal.

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Jul 22 2008, 11:19 PM
Dude I asked this same exact question, and i know exactly what you mean.

You will overcome it... I used to think it was going to hamper my ability to play forever, but I don't even think about it any more. And I can play just fine... well maybe not... But I am progressing just fine tongue.gif (I've only been playing seriously for a couple months)

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Tyler Holmes
Jul 22 2008, 11:28 PM
ok thanks a lot guys i was getting a bit paraniod there for a sec tongue.gif

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jul 22 2008, 11:46 PM
ya i play on the side of my pinky but u play right through it

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 23 2008, 12:02 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Well, now that you mention it, i must have the same thing going on. I see that all my calluses are to the inside of my fingers. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 23 2008, 01:41 AM
Instructor
Don't worry - if you feel comfortable playing, and can acquire a good tone, than it is not important.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 23 2008, 02:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
I used to think my curved middle fingers would hold me back, but I haven't noticed anything except I can reach some notes I problaby couldn't with straight fingers tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 23 2008, 12:14 PM
QUOTE (Tyler Holmes @ Jul 23 2008, 12:09 AM) *
This question is kinda odd but it has been bugging me ever sence i started playing guitar.
Some of my fingers are curved, especialy my pinkts huh.gif, when i am playing guitar i have to play on the sides of them. i was wondering of this could be aproblem in my later guitar days? it does not seem to be holding me back now, im becoming a better guitarist every day. blink.gif

Your fingers will shape toward the neck anyway. It's all about hours of practise.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 23 2008, 08:58 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its perfectly ok man, I also have callus on the side of my little finger..

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jul 23 2008, 08:58 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:56 PM