> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

80s Hard Rock Lesson, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
7 [ 4 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 6

nikeman64
Feb 11 2012, 03:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: 80s Hard Rock Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

Hey guys, Cool lesson from Gabriël ! grtz , Nico

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 11 2012, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Nico, good to see you ! cool.gif

The opening lick sounded a bit tense. I wondered if you have a little bit of trouble with the hammer on/pull off lick ? Sometimes it's hard to keep licks like that in time.

You're going to hate me for saying this but things didn't seem 100% in tune during the lead parts.. if anything they sounded a little sharp. I think it was the overall guitar tuning because your vibratos sounded more even so I can tell you've been practising to keep your vibratos in tune wink.gif

Your rhythm playing, as always, was excellent but the lead parts don't quite feel like they're there just yet. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 11 2012, 04:42 PM
Instructor
Hey Nico, I have to agree with Ben on this one - there's something wrong with the guitar tuning and you should work a bit more on the leads. The rhythm part is very accurate though, so get to work on those leads mate! biggrin.gif Looking forward to the next one!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 11 2012, 06:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Feb 11 2012, 02:25 PM) *
Original lesson: 80s Hard Rock Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

Hey guys,

Cool lesson from Gabriël !

grtz , Nico

sounds pretty good! Your guitar is out of tune when you are playing leads
You got the main riff down pretty well tho!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2012, 07:11 PM
Instructor
Hey Nico! Nice take! It's a pity that your guitar is out of tune, it would sound much cooler. The main riffing sound good and groovy. The lick at 00:24 need more work. Then the lead guitar is well played and with strong vibrato. Keep on rocking! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2012, 09:43 PM
Instructor
Well played but a bit too stiff. That intro lick hammer-on was a not that great, try to work on that one a bit. Also, bends and vibratos need to be more relaxed. Bends need to go precisely in pitch, and vibrato needs to be wider and slower. Picking and tone is good, but you might want to check your tuning.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 11 2012, 10:42 PM
Instructor
I have nothing particular to add, my colleagues have told all about it. It's important, of course, to tune up your instrument before recording,this way only worsens the impression :/ !

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 13 2012, 03:26 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7 on this attempt man..try it again for sure!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:08 PM